An Interview with Mary Greer

EminemsAngelBaby

Hi,
I just got her book "Tarot for Yourself" today and I am so excited about it. The excercises sound fun and creative, things I really feel like doing. Thanks for the link:).

mercenary30

EminemsAngelBaby said:
Hi,
I just got her book "Tarot for Yourself" today and I am so excited about it. The excercises sound fun and creative, things I really feel like doing. Thanks for the link:).

I have this book as well. I am slowly but surely working my way through it. But so far I like it, should be quite helpful for me.

Moonbow

What a great interview. I know nothing about Mary Greer, although I have seen her books in the shops and even considered Tarot for Yourself once. But I like the way she talks about breaking rules. My aim is to be intuitive about the way I read the cards but I also enjoy some of the studies I'm involved in. Trouble is I find studying makes me less intuitive - does anyone else find this? I've come to the conclusion that a little study is fine but nothing beats intuition - and being a good storyteller. I think I might just go and buy her book now!

mercenary30

Moonbow* said:
Trouble is I find studying makes me less intuitive - does anyone else find this? I've come to the conclusion that a little study is fine but nothing beats intuition - and being a good storyteller.

I have spent my whole life taking ideas, concepts, or personal traits from people around me, and combining those things to make me who I am today.

I am doing the same thing with tarot. I have been studying my butt off, reading books, and studying decks. This has led off to me studying astrology and numerology a little. On top of all that, I am now studying Egyptology in depth. All of this because of my interest in tarot.

But what it all boils down to, is a bunch of ideas and pictures in my head that I have to allow myself to try to be more intuitive in my readings. To look at a card and have it tell me something. It is a different method that Umbrae and others propose.....but it works for me.

tmgrl2

I couldn't open the interview...will try again...but I just ordered both of her books...Tarot for Yourself and the one on Court Cards.
I'm like Merc in that I love to do a lot of book learning and sometimes just need to plunge into the cards. These past few weeks, although I have at least a dozen books I bought on Tarot that I know I will read as I go, since I have been home sick, I decided to learn from reading "readings" here at Aeclectic and from reading all these great postings...Somehow, the gestalt I am getting is wonderful...I even trusted myself to do one reading
(but then Firemaiden welcomes all lovingly and with kindness..ty, again).

Merc, your story is so creative? Have you done online readings that I could read? I just sense they would be wonderful. I'm going to do a search of your postings...(Now you're in trouble you little }) )

tmgrl2

What a great interview by Mary Greer...I loved her answer as to What is Tarot? and how she describes an interactive reading...since I am so new to this, these references are very helpful. Her link to Tarot within the Interview is interesting also. I also have her book on Tarot Reversals...I a starting with some beginning books and then moving through the others I have...terri

ty for the link, Feebie