Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarot for Ancestor Work

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Just wanted to post here one more time. This was my favorite thread. This is the one thread I copied and saved from beginning to end. I had hoped to revive it this Halloween...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #91
Citizen

conurelover 
Citizen
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRunsDeep View Post
Just wanted to post here one more time. This was my favorite thread. This is the one thread I copied and saved from beginning to end. I had hoped to revive it this Halloween...
I wanted to tell you that about once a month I do this spread if I am digging into my genealogy. Remember we would pick a court card to depict the mother's or father's side?

Well on the most recent reading I picked a knight for male. And then another knight. It was a knight of swords. I couldn't help think soldier when I was doing this...I assumed this meant my father's side. My next cards were four of swords, Sun, ace of swords and last the Hermit.

I hadn't read in a while so I was struck by this powerful reading. What was the Hermit telling me? Was he alone? Waiting? If I want to honor him will I find him alone? What was I going to find that I had waited forever to find? What about that Ace of Swords and why was the Knight of Swords talking to me? Why the Sun?

Long story short, I found a new relative. He died in the Civil War and that is a big deal for my family. He was Union and they won that day and the Emancipation Proclamation was a few days later! The Ace of Swords! He wasn't on my father's side though. He was in my mother's grandfather's family! That was the male. The four of swords=he was waiting in repose for someone to find him and remember him because he left no descendants and they never identified him for burial. He was alone...alone as the Hermit. He is still alone and needs to be remembered.

I wanted to point out too I had switched from my Mary-El to my new deck Mystical Tarot to read this.

Riverrunsdeep, I thank you for this spread. I do love it and do still use it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #92
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by conurelover View Post
Riverrunsdeep, I thank you for this spread. I do love it and do still use it.

Thank you, conurelover, for sharing your reading. That is amazing, how you found your relative!

Just wanted to mention, I didn't create the original spread. I just added the bit about the court cards.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #93

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.