Candles

GotH

I feel pretty good about what I've seen so far with my candle wax readings and was just curious if there were others out there who do this kind of thing? I'm now looking more at the way the candles burn focusing on the flame's activity, aura and intensity and the behavior and direction of the smoke.

I was just curious if anyone else out there reads candles or candle wax? I would love to hear from you..

EmpressArwen

I've never heard of this. What do you do? Read the way the wax pools? It sounds interesting.

GotH

:) Yes my friend. Just another way to scry. Since I can't see dead people, I see people in dead things. :surprise:

greatdane

Really Interesting, GotH!

I have never done that or heard of it, so fascinating!

I have worked with candles in rituals before, but never reading candles.

GotH

Hi greatdane! :)

I have found candles to be amazing when working with intentions and manifestations. They are like hot needles injecting and transferring energy from one source to another. So of course I feel there is translatable information in between locations. I'm just beginning to tap into this info.

Thanks for saying hello..

greatdane

That's what I use them for, GotH!

I light a candle and write intentions on paper and burn them as part of my ritual. I have never heard about reading candles or the wax and find it so interesting! I learn something new everyday. AT is a great spot for that.

LittleOne

I sort of did candle reading for awhile - dropping wax into water, and trying to read the flames.

Lukcymojo has a good page on it: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html I don't think you have to be into Hoodoo to read the signs and use this information.

However, I am a liability near fire so I don't do this anymore.... just two days ago in a restaurant I set my clothes on fire with the candle on the table and have a huge blister from the burn. I've melted several carpets and have done one candle ritual that ended with a huge fire........... so yeah, no candles for me anymore.

EmpressArwen

:) Yes my friend. Just another way to scry. Since I can't see dead people, I see people in dead things. :surprise:

Hahaha! omg...yes you can. Frankie shows you all kinds of freaky stuff.

I'm going to try this. I have just the candle!

EmpressArwen

I sort of did candle reading for awhile - dropping wax into water, and trying to read the flames.

Lukcymojo has a good page on it: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html I don't think you have to be into Hoodoo to read the signs and use this information.

However, I am a liability near fire so I don't do this anymore.... just two days ago in a restaurant I set my clothes on fire with the candle on the table and have a huge blister from the burn. I've melted several carpets and have done one candle ritual that ended with a huge fire........... so yeah, no candles for me anymore.

Holy smokes, LittleOne!!! ((hugs))

Maybe you should just get some of those fake LED light candles. ;)

bluelagune

Well generally candles used to purify and clense the body/spirit. There is an old ritual where the candle is melted in a small metal vessel and then poured into the holly water. The prair is said for the sick person in attendence and the wax in the bottom is read to advise this person. Ive never read it but Ive see it done.