Court Cards -- Some ideas and some I dont know

Frequency

Can anyone tell me what meanings you can draw from the artwork itself? I don't like the interpretations of this deck that I have seen and I've resorted to just looking at the artwork for my own interpretations or using the interpretations that Pollack used for the Haindl in her book. I generaly only use the Haindl interpretations for the minors as some of them, to me, aren't very detailed. Some things I've realized are about the court cards espescialy, although my interpretations are pretty basic.

Knight of Cups
Striving for something and with lots of confidence. Always looks to me like a young boy/man, no older than 25. He has wings and he's leaping into the air or flying and he's reaching for a cup. I've always seen the cup as like a trophy or some sort of goal. Sometimes I notice that he has actualy already reached his goal but other times this thought never crosses my mind and it makes me think I am still in the process of attaining my goals or the person I am doing a reading for. Could also mean diving into something without thinking.

Queen of Cups
The image of her figure is reflected in the water. Things live up to your expectations. People are very transparent. Or I suppose you could reverse it and say that they are reflected in the watery pool but the image in the pool is distorted like what you think they are they really aren't etc...

Prince of Cups
I see nothing in this image. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me find some meaning in it.

Princess of Cups
Is ALWAYS a very beautiful young woman. Not only beautiful but someone every guy wants the pleasure of meeting as she is not only beautiful but intelligent and graceful. Sort of like someone that is above the rest.

Knight of Disks
A direct opposite of the Knight of Cups. The horse's head is lowered and the knight is on the horse looking very badass but appears to be looking into a glow of some kind. I see this glow as human potential and possibilities. It's like you can see something but you feel distant or that it's unatainable. Everything about him appears large and threatning, however, as if if he wanted or tried to reach the glow behind the hill he would be able to. Perhaps though that he has all the potential, but his horse is lazy? I mean he feels he doesn't have the tools and things that allow him to do things. For example, being a great student but not having the money to go to university or something similar in that respect. Also interesting to note that this knight is said in my book to be a farmer of some kind and I can see that too since he appears to be in the country and he is posed in tall grass. You can interpret this as being away from your dreams and desires.

Queen of Disks
Looking towards the future, or the past, or examining the present. Certainly relating to time. Reflecting.

Princess of Disks
I dont see much in this image either. Could be someone wealthy, fur coat? Definately looks pregnant.

Prince of Disks
Someone dull and uninteresting. His bull looks tired and is moving slowly. It even looks like the chariot couldn't move at all even if it wanted to! The wheels are practicaly completely sideways. Also notice he's naked. He's not wearing anything very colourful that's for sure. Another indication of his uninteresting personality perhaps. Could represent someone that isn't very attractive maybe or has low self esteem.

Prince of Swords
"Slays as fast as he creates". I get this card a lot. lol. I'm impatient and I get frustrated easily. He's got these people tied to him, driving his chariot, but they're not co-operating. Hard to see, but you'll notice that they are all resting. Except maybe the one on the right who is scared out of his mind! Looks like he's doing duck and cover! The other two are resting their heads on their hands with their elbows on the ground. These slaves suck! I need new ones! I'm going to set them free! And you can see he's about cut the strings or ropes or whatever.

Knight of Swords
Someone with a childlike personality. Loves to play. Charismatic. What else could you say about him?

Princess of Swords
Not sure about this one... She appears to be turned away from the reader. As if ignoring him? What do you think?

Queen of Swords
Powerful woman perhaps? Not sure about this one either. Maybe someone that will stab ya in the back. Looks like someone already fell victim to her. I certainly wouldn't mess with her!

Prince of Wands
His arms are wide open and there's fire eminating from behind his back. Very bold individual. Kind of like me when I go up to the girls at school and try to get to know them. Rather than being shy and nervous I freak them out sometimes because I don't have good social skills and I'm unsure of the proper way to go about things. I just start talking to people and sometimes they get "burned" by my gutsy ways and they aren't friendly. Sometimes it works out though which is great because I'm only taking two classes right now so I don't know many people.

Princess of Wands
No idea. Could use some help

Queen of Wands
Not sure. Maybe a woman who is very wise. Someone that commands respect but won't stab you in the back like the queen of swords.

Knight of Wands
Taking a big risk. Overwhelming stress and anxiety is going to make this guy get bucked off his horse. Came up for someone with depression that I met actualy.

VGimlet

Princess of Wands
No idea. Could use some help

I'll give it a go - Someone who seems to be dancing with the fire, and has, literally, the tiger by the tail - but if you look closer she's not really in control.
I got someone who is vibrant, passionate, intelligent, but could also be quick to react - maybe even overreact to a situation, and acts on first perceptions, which may or may not be correct. Her emotions can overrule everything else. Can be reckless, thinking she's in control, or knows what she's doing, when she might not. Quick to burn, with both love and hate. A bit of a drama queen.

I'll be studying the Princess of Cups tonight. I'm doing a daily card like so many others - but I'm going through the deck in order, whatever that is. I look at the books, but only after I write down what I get from the artwork.

f. silvestris

Prince of Cups - like an artist or so on who's been very successful with his early manner, and now he's stuck with it, even though he's middle aged and a different person in most respects. Boyish shell with a self-disgust filling.

I think the Princess of Swords is a Miyazaki heroine - Nausicaa or Mononoke - but I have problems with her and the prince because the cards seem really badly reproduced in my deck - green and blurry, though all the others are fine.

Phoenyx*

Princess of Disks...if I remember correctly, was the earth part of earth. So, her being pregnant definitely fits here. She's the very embodiment of nature and mother earth. I'm thinking a woman (not necessarily 25 or younger...could be pre-menepausal) who is very nurturing, motherly, etc.
In the Thoth deck, this is always the court card I associate the best with.

Dean

U.k

The Princess of wands is something about trying to get over some fear about a situation. Thats why the princess holds the Tiger by its tail.

rcb30872

OK, I will give this a shot:

Knight of Cups ~ I think this indicates that he wants ascension, in a sense, or that he is ascending. He is more interested in the spiritual things, rather than the earthly things. In some instances he is more in tune with the Universe, and the spiritual side of things, and he is able to see the truths that some of us might not be able to see, he is very intuitive. As for the cup, I can't make up my mind if he is receiving it or offering it. To me, the Crab indicates that he has a hard shell and a soft centre, he is not easy to know, and some of the things that he feels, and knows, he might not want to impart on to others. He has great feelings, and as such, these feelings are very easily hurt, thus the need for the hard, tough exterior.

Prince of Cups ~ I tend to see this as rather turbulent. It is a sign that he is growing, in some respect, because of the coiled snake in the card. Which of course that could be taken two-fold. First of all, snakes are about transformation and healing, as the snake needs to shed its skin to grow, as we also have to shed something to be able to grow too. Also, snake can be seen as a "snake in the grass" thus might not be able to be trusted. To me, there seems to be an overpowering sense of sadness when I look at this card.

Princess of Cups ~ I'm not sure if they are supposed to be some sort of gem on the bottom of her dress, or whatever she is wearing. But the first thing that comes to mind is "diamonds are a best girls friend" and then also the fact that gems are beautiful, whether they are cut or uncut, but if you cut a gem, then that gem would dazzle, so to speak. At the same time, the fish can go back to the fact that you can swim with the current, or go against the flow, hence may give mixed signals, and generally not knowing what one wants.

Knight of Disks ~ already discussed this in another thread, here.

Queen of Disks ~ The mountain goat, meaning that it will work and work, and do whatever is necessary to get to the top of the mountain, or the ladder. Will start off at the bottom, but systematically work itself up to the top of the ladder. Got a goal in mind, is very patient, and will persist with this. Might foresake certain things in the process, mind you.

Prince of Disks ~ The bull, stubborn. May be slow to anger, but when it does get angry, it will give a great show at that, charging, stamping the ground, snorting, and all of that. Other things that spring to mind "Don't go charging in like a bull in a china shop".