The Animism Tarot

lark

I've been drawn back to this deck over and over...now days I tend to really research a deck before I buy it.

Did a search here but not much on it.
I don't have an animal deck simply because none have ever appealed to me.
I really like that the art started out as paintings.
And from an image search I can tell the cards are loosely based on RWS

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-animism-tarot

Any thoughts if you have it...card stock, readability...love it, hate it, traded it.

I trust you guys..:)

Tippyjane

I love this deck! The art is charming and it is a delight to read with (need to post it in the "joyful & uplifting" thread). I bought mine on Etsy, so I don't know if the card stock is different than Gamecrafter, but it is flexible and on the thin side which I don't mind. The decks feels great to me-it is calming and sweet.

Rose

I really like this deck. The card stock is typical game crafter--which is fine. My decks purchased from game crafter hold up well to use. Print quality is excellent. The cards measure 2-3/4 inches by 4-3/4 inches. You can see all of the images from this deck on the creators deviant art gallery site which is what convinced me to buy it.

http://sobeyondthis.deviantart.com/gallery/38594647/The-Animism-Tarot?offset=0

Girl Archer

The Animism deck is a really thoughtful, gentle and well-executed deck. The one I got from gamecrafter has decent stock, not at all glossy. Easy to handle. I'd never want to trade it :) Some of the images are so relaxing, like the cups ones. Or the King of Swords, which shows a regal and intelligent-eyed wolf. I really connect with it.

lark

Thank you so much for responding...TippyJane, Rose and Girl Archer.
And thanks for the site Rose.
I think this is my next purchase.

Nemia

I have a number of animal decks (love them for waking my intuition) and I'm on the fence about Animism, too. I bought the Badger's Forest instead, which is lovely and less anthropomorphic, but maybe also a bit less evocative. It looks like a great deck if you want to build contact with animal guides - the close-ups and intense eyes are wonderful.

jen104

I bought this deck from gamecrafter but for me it wasn't a keeper so I sold it on ebay. I didn't like the way the words were written on the cards, they were quite hard to read. I also just didn't connect with the images (even though they were beautiful). The other negative for me was the cardstock, it was very slippery and just didn't shuffle well (for me). If I remember correctly this also didn't come with a printed book, you had to print out the meanings from a pdf available online. There are lots of other animal decks that I prefer (my favorite that is many different animals is the animal wisdom tarot).

lark

I bought this deck from gamecrafter but for me it wasn't a keeper so I sold it on ebay. I didn't like the way the words were written on the cards, they were quite hard to read. I also just didn't connect with the images (even though they were beautiful). The other negative for me was the cardstock, it was very slippery and just didn't shuffle well (for me). If I remember correctly this also didn't come with a printed book, you had to print out the meanings from a pdf available online. There are lots of other animal decks that I prefer (my favorite that is many different animals is the animal wisdom tarot).
Thanks I was wondering what the cards stock was like...I wonder if the Etsy card stock is the same as Gamecrafter??
I have to sit with the images for awhile before I order it.
After I went through all the images I could see some clever ways she made a nod at the RWS meanings, but in other cards it was a real blurry line.
As a usable deck I don't know....as a cute novelty art deck, it attracts me.
But I have lots of those that just sit and get looked at once in awhile....so jury is still out.

jolie_amethyst

From the etsy listing:

This 79 card deck comes in its own tuck box. Cards measure 2.75 x 4.75 inches and are printed on 12 pt, 269 gsm clay coated card stock and have a nice subtle sheen. This item is shipped directly from The Game Crafter in Wisconsin, United States.

I've been on the fence about buying this one for a year. I'm also concerned about readability.

lark

Ok, so it's the same stock...good to know.