Questions about Bach Flowers

jlbvt

I hope this is the right forum. If not... :TCHAR ;)

I am curious about trying Bach Flower therepy, and I wonder if anyone can suggest a good reliable dealer in the U.S. that I could buy from online.

Do you really have to take the drops 3 times a day?

How long before they start working?

Which specific flowers do you have experience with, and how effective are they?

Can anyone reccommend a good site where they have very detailed explanations of which flowers do what?

Thanks,
Joan

Diana

RedWood knows of a good dealer that sells Healing Herbs which are as good, if not better than the original Bach Flower Remedies made by Nelsons. Please beware of cheap copies!!

No, not three times a day. Minimum four drops four times a day. They can be taken with your meals or put in your tea, fruit-juice, or in water if you prefer to take them that way. It is an urban legend that one cannot take them at mealtimes and you will see this inaccuracy written in many books because many books are just copies of other books and they copy each other's mistakes.

They normally start working immediately. They are so effective that you wonder why the whole world doesn't use them. But very often you won't even notice the change. You'll think "these are not working" because they work so gently. And one normally only notices when things are wrong - when things go right one finds it normal. It is often other people who will notice the change in you and point it out.

I have experience with all the flowers. They need to be chosen with great care and accuracy or else they will not work.... and you will say "these things are for the birds". Do not choose your remedies with on-line questionnaires. Ask someone with experience to help you choose them. I am here to help you - PM me if necessary. There is also Astraea who takes my breath away with her knowledge of these flowers. I hope one day I will know them as well as her. But I don't know if she is available for people to PM her about this. Bec is also extremely knowledgeable.

Did this help?

Astraea

Hi, Joan. I buy Healing Herbs essences (which are Bach formulations, but considered by some to be purer than those made by Nelsons) through the Flower Essence Society (a US distributor). The web address is: http://www.fesflowers.com/

Diana is very kind, and far too modest -- she is a trained and certified flower essence practitioner, with her own practice. While I am certainly open to a pm about the essences, Diana's wisdom and expertise are first-rate.

Moonbow

jlbvt said:
I
Can anyone reccommend a good site where they have very detailed explanations of which flowers do what?

As for a site - I have found this one very useful:

http://www.bachcentre.com/index.html

I have also e-mailed them for information too - they always reply, and are very helpful.

Diana has also been very helpful to me - she got me started on my collection.

TemperanceAngel

I have just about finished my Flower Essence subject, HOORAY, and have used Bach remedies for over 10 years and as Diana says they are so gentle, or as I would say, subtle....

My fave one that I am using at the moment for study purposes is Elm, oh how I love it :)

There is a huge range of Australian Essences, Bush Essences, mind boggling stuff.

Astraea I never knew you were also a fellow Essence person, HELLO!!!!
XTAX

Astraea

TemperanceAngel said:

Astraea I never knew you were also a fellow Essence person, HELLO!!!!
XTAX
Hello, TA! Yes, I love the essences, too. They are so gentle, yet so effective.

jlbvt

Thanks to everyone for your input. I will check the suggested sites and pm with any personal questions.

jlbvt

A few more general questions:

Does a Bach remedy always work best as a combination of a certain number of elements, such as 5? Or could a person have a simple enough problem to only need one?

Does the remedy not work if you are missing a needed essence, but you have some of the appropriate essences?

Will the essences all also work if applied topically (rubbed into the skin) like for a child or pet, and is there a best place to apply?

Diana

Re: A few more general questions:

jlbvt said:
Does a Bach remedy always work best as a combination of a certain number of elements, such as 5? Or could a person have a simple enough problem to only need one?

Does the remedy not work if you are missing a needed essence, but you have some of the appropriate essences?

Will the essences all also work if applied topically (rubbed into the skin) like for a child or pet, and is there a best place to apply?

1) It is rare that someone only needs one essence. In the homeopathic world, there are practitioners who are called "unicists" who only give one homeopathic remedy. But I have never yet met a Bach Flower unicist. HOWEVER: I do believe that we all resonate particularly with one of the essences, and if we take Bach Flower Remedies regularly for years, we will find that this Essence is needed repeatedly and over and over again. It kind of symbolizes our biggest hurdles which seem to recur in cycles.

However, if the problem is more of an event-type of problem, i.e.: I'm going to the dentist today and I'm scared; or "I have so much to do today, I'm panicking", or "I don't think I'm going to pass that exam I have to write today", then one Essence is most often enough.

But for deep-seated problems, no.

2) If you want to solve a problem, you can't solve it half-way... that would be self-defeating. It's like trying to make a sandwich either without bread or without something to put in the middle. You're not going to get a sandwich.

3) No, no. Not topically. Orally. You put a few drops of the original Essence (called the Stock Bottle) into a mixture of mineral water and brandy (brandy is necessary to prevent bacteria from forming in the water) and you take four drops four times a day (you buy a dropper bottle from a pharmacy) for a few weeks. If you don't want to use alcohol, then you'll have to remake your essences every four days or so, possibly more in very hot weather.

And you must never keep the old bottle if you are making up a whole new prescription. Always throw it away. This is very important! Because one never takes more than 6 (maximum 7 - I prefer 6) Essences at a time. And if you use the same bottle for different prescriptions, in the end the bottle has received possibly 38 different Essences and as the walls of the bottle will retain the energy and the vibration of the previous remedies, you end up getting the vibrations of all them and your body and mind and aura or whatever won't know what to do!

One can also put two drops of each essence in a small bottle of water and sip it throughout the day. But this way, your Stock Bottle gets emptied quicker. And I believe the former method (dropper bottle) is far more effective and it is the one I recommend.

TemperanceAngel

Re: Re: A few more general questions:

Diana said:
1) It is rare that someone only needs one essence. In the homeopathic world, there are practitioners who are called "unicists" who only give one homeopathic remedy. But I have never yet met a Bach Flower unicist.
Now you have, Diana! Myself, my husband, my mother-in-law and a couple of Naturopaths we know who have been prescribing essences for 20 years all like to take one and prescribe one.

Of course, this is not alwways the case, but we believe that mostly you can narrow down to one essence and would never use more than three.

Of course, not saying this is the way it's supposed to be done. I find it interesting how different countries differ in approach. We are reading papers on this at College at the moment (cultural, religious beliefs) fascinating stuff!

XTAX