Tins for Tarot Cards will help to keep our cards safe

Aunty Anthea

Originally posted on:

"Dear Lo Scarabeo (if you read this forum)"

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=243825

I thought that the link was such a good one many of us could benefit from it and perhaps someone here could even make a business out of decorating the tins and selling them through this site :D

I don't know if they would do mixed designs, you need to send details and ask for a quote for the custom designs, but I think the can do nearly anything that's required, think they do embossed aswell,
This is their website http://www.tinwaredirect.com/i/8/Bespoke-Tins.html

I may order some of there other plain tins from their in stock shop, much lower quantities, as I would like to try some experimental enammeling on them, and use them as trinket or storage tins for some of my jewellery supplies.

Thank you Tigerangel excellent link :thumbsup:

Tinware Direct
Old Mill Barn,
Crowhill Farm, Wilden,
Bedford, MK44 2QS,
United Kingdom
+44 1234 77 2001

See their videos here:

http://www.tinwaredirect.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

It would be brilliant if we could find someone on here to paint the tins for us

The only things that I have ever painted are my nails :joke:

LindaMechele

A similar thought has crossed my mind, AuntyAnthea - to do a co-op buy from a tin seller since the minimum orders for all that I've seen are more than I need. But none of them are the right fit, inlcuding the ones at the TinwareDirect site. If they're too big, the decks move around in them and get beat up. Of course one big enough to fit a deck wrapped in a cloth would solve that problem, but that would defeat the purpose of having a tin for the decks, at least my purpose anyway - protective storage/carrying case that is as small as possible.

Yes, Tinware Direct offers custom sizes, but the minimum order is 3000. US makers have minimums of 10,000 and up. Counts that option out.

If anyone DOES find a stock tin that's the right size, I'd LOVE to know about it though! I've done a lot of searching, but haven't found one yet.

LindaMechele

It looks like the same size as my small window tin I posted a link to pictures of in the "Dear LoScarabeo" thread, Yelell. I sent a PM to HappySquirrel and she's doing some research to see if she can find where she got it. I was going to send her a reply asking her what size the deck in the photo is, but her mail box is full.

Tigerangel

With the in stock shop you can order wholesale 12 pieces, or you can order samples for a smaller quantity as I bought earlier today the drawback with that is its got to be there in stock tin sizes and not custom.

Then I got an idea to custom the 300ml windowed tin, I drew out the size and check how many of my decks could fit in the dimensions, it will fit most of my Oracle decks too but then the problem is the space between the cards and the tin...my idea here is to foam pad it up to the right size for the deck that will be used in the tin, and cover the padding with either crushed velour/steamed velour or satin/silk etc ( I have already padded a wooden tarot box my son bought me a few years ago with black crushed velour in the lid and base) the padding can be co-ordinated to match the tin, my idea to custom the tin colour is to airbrush the tin with enamel airbrush paints.

It will probably take me a few months to get everything together to bring it all into a finished tin and if it's a workable idea.

So what do you all think, would anyone be interested in a tin customed that way?

Also if anyone has deck size/colours/fabrics/designs on the outerside walls or lids for the 300ml non windowed tin etc, I will take them in to account when I'm buying the supplies to try this idea.

Yelell

I actually have one, the ritual abuse tarot, that's sold on etsy and comes in a tin. The deck is regular sized and the tin is just labeled with a sticker on top. I wonder where that guy gets his tins.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 227

LindaMechele

That sounds really nice, TigerAngel. I can't wait to see them. A lot of people will likely love them, but since my interest is mostly for small-as-possible travel storage so I can carry them in my purse, I'd likely just stick with the Seven Stars bags I have if I can't find that perfect fit for standard decks. I may buy some of those 300ml ones too, and a couple other gold ones I've found, to futz around with anyway though. (Like I need ANOTHER project. *sigh* :joke:)

That looks a lot like the one I have, Yelell. Here are some pictures of that almost-perfect-but-too-short one from PaperMart with my Ceccoli in it. What size is that Ritual Abuse deck? I wonder if they got some of the medium tins from PaperMart for them? ... No, on second thought, the lid's different. It's raised a bit from near the edges and across. Hmmm...

Edited to add: I knew I'd seen that raised top somewhere. That one is 5'' X 3-5/8'' X 1-5/8'' deep. Is it a match, Yelell?

Aunty Anthea

Then I got an idea to custom the 300ml windowed tin, I drew out the size and check how many of my decks could fit in the dimensions, it will fit most of my Oracle decks too but then the problem is the space between the cards and the tin...my idea here is to foam pad it up to the right size for the deck that will be used in the tin, and cover the padding with either crushed velour/steamed velour or satin/silk etc ( I have already padded a wooden tarot box my son bought me a few years ago with black crushed velour in the lid and base) the padding can be co-ordinated to match the tin, my idea to custom the tin colour is to airbrush the tin with enamel airbrush paints.

It will probably take me a few months to get everything together to bring it all into a finished tin and if it's a workable idea.

So what do you all think, would anyone be interested in a tin customed that way?

Also if anyone has deck size/colours/fabrics/designs on the outerside walls or lids for the 300ml non windowed tin etc, I will take them in to account when I'm buying the supplies to try this idea.
I am definitely interested but the cost of postage from Mars to UK would be astronomical :joke:

Aunty Anthea

That sounds really nice, TigerAngel. I can't wait to see them. A lot of people will likely love them, but since my interest is mostly for small-as-possible travel storage so I can carry them in my purse, I'd likely just stick with the Seven Stars bags I have if I can't find that perfect fit for standard decks. I may buy some of those 300ml ones too, and a couple other gold ones I've found, to futz around with anyway though. (Like I need ANOTHER project. *sigh* :joke:)

That looks a lot like the one I have, Yelell. Here are some pictures of that almost-perfect-but-too-short one from PaperMart with my Ceccoli in it. What size is that Ritual Abuse deck? I wonder if they got some of the medium tins from PaperMart for them? ... No, on second thought, the lid's different. It's raised a bit from near the edges and across. Hmmm...

Edited to add: I knew I'd seen that raised top somewhere. That one is 5'' X 3-5/8'' X 1-5/8'' deep. Is it a match, Yelell?

Thank you for all your photos :laugh:

I see that you have spent a long time trying to find the correct size :)

Some good news: I have just found Smith-Waite Centennial Tarot Deck in a Tin at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Waite-C...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B015QKXN3Y

PS I have a nasty feeling that everything, including the books, is included in those tins but not certain :confused:

Perhaps the moderator for this section could help us to compile a list of decks tht are available in tins :D

Alta

Perhaps the moderator for this section could help us to compile a list of decks that are available in tins :D
You don't need a moderator for that. If one person offers to keep updating a list as others chime in with decks they know about, that would work. :) Group knowledge almost always exceeds that of one individual.