@-;--The Sacred Rose @-;--Study Group

DewDrop

Have you coments on the Sacred rose deck?

I think the card of Temperance XIV in this deck that i use had a beautiful red dress but her breasts looked realy wierd so i took my black pen and painted some good "waves" on the dress. I like it so mush more now and the disturbens it made before is gone :)

Did something like this happen to you?

Ps. I also cut the white edges of the cards, and they realy got top 3dimentional!!! They are also much easyer to use, this new size is realy nice.

lark

Well Ellie I would like to put eyeballs in all of their heads.
Eyes are very important to me and I never use this deck because the white mask like eyes freak me out!
I know the artist intended for us to put ourselves behind the image and use our eyes in place of the eyes that are missing on the cards, but it just doesn't work for me.
HUMMMM maybe I'll draw eyes on them....:)

DewDrop

lark said:

HUMMMM maybe I'll draw eyes on them....:)

That sounds like a good idé for u to put eyes on your cards, why let a good deck lay aroud...its YOUR deck so why not make the best of it :)
One thing thats kinda funny is that i choose this deck partly because the lack of eyes, you se...eyes freak ME out :D Here is a perfect example for how different we people can be!

The best of luck for u with your cards!

lark

Yes Ellie thats why it's so great that there are so many decks to chose from.
There is something for everyone.
I'm going to bite the bullet and draw me some eyes.
What do I have to lose...
I love the colors and the art of this deck so I'll make it my own with a little artistic sharpie marker work :D

Jewel-ry

Hey lark,

Can you scan any of them when you are done? I have an urge to see these cards.

J :)

DewDrop

lark said:

Unless you just want to see my astonishing eye ball art....:D

I made a spesial thread for u called the eyeball-art-thread, it realy just happened, the post where just suposed to be an answer to u here on SRD-studygroup :D
Well well it will be funny to se the answers from the world, i hope you didnt got affended..?

RichardDirt

I really like the 9 of cups right now. It was the first card I drew from the deck and the artwork is also on the book and I love the lushness of the painting. Fortunately, the lack of eyes doesn't bother me!

Gavriela

Someone sent me this one, and I promptly left it on a train in the hopes that it would find a good home. I like a lot of morbid art, but this wasn't morbid - it was downright creepy to me.

I hope whoever found it is enjoying it.

marybham

Sacred Rose Tarot

What a fascinating thread. I bought this deck in Glastonbury and loved it . . .still do. I find the colours vibrant and exciting and they also - for me - have a huge warmth to them.

I've read professionally with them many times and most people who choose them obviously really like them. I have had one person look at them and say "oh no, they're evil!" which was a pretty strong reaction.

Last month I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Johanna the deck's creator and she is a fabulous lady. She ran a breakfast session with Rachel Pollack at the Readers Studio in NYC. She was pleased I'd had so many positive reactions to her deck and was totally unphased by the negative one. She's heard all sorts of things from people and seems to have a great, accepting, and very philosophical view on it all.

At least we can all choose the decks that work for us.

Interesting to see how some people don't like the closed eyes and others prefer them.

Good job we are all different isn't it!

Johanna was great though, a real joy with a great sense of humour.

Mary