World spirit tarot...what do u think?

Satori

I Am So Excited Now....World Spirit

Well, this is the thread I've been looking for.
I just bought the deck from Llewellyn, on sale, 50% off!
And now, I'm waiting, waiting, waiting....but very excited.
Finding this thread, well let's just say, the delivery person better not mind hugs, because whoever brings this deck to my door will be getting one...maybe more!

I cannot wait to see this Sun card! Thanks to the hedgecub for the wonderful idea on how to frame my mind when looking at it. A baby Buddha. Lovely.

I wonder many times when viewing decks why everyone is youngish or why the women don't look really old, but just have silvery hair? And yes, where are the asian, hispanic, black and red skinned folk?

So, I will let you know what I'm thinking when I get it, but I plan to love this deck. The Magician card is what got me. The dude looks like he is dancing in his little hut, and the stuff on the walls, is just so Trading Spaces-ish. I immediately looked at the card and thought, interior design...this card could mean, interior design! LOL...more later!

edited to add:
OOps this was supposed to go on the World Spirit thread....sorry.

Brandaluna

Thanks for posting because this is the first time I've heard of World Spirit, or at least, it was the first time for me to hear about the deck and actually investigate it for myself. I took a look at it at AE and at Llewellyn after reading your post, and I fell in love with the Fool. She is amazing, and I can so easily see myself in her. Then I did one of the online readings and loved every single card that showed up. The two of swords really grabbed me for some reason. The baby on the Sun was a bit disconcerting, but I think I can get past that one. At the sale price, this may be a "have to buy" deck for me.

Majecot

Yay for elf!!!

I love it when the mail man brings a new toy to the door!!! 50 % of!?! I better check this out.

Alta

Hi all, I merged these two threads as elf PM'd me to say that had been her intent.
btw, I also like this deck very much, just used it last night in fact. An excellent intuitive deck.

Satori

Thanks Marion.
We are keeping you busy today. Sulis needs you over on the RWS clone thread....busy lady.

Anyway, I got a look at that Sun card on the Llewellyn tarot reading site. I laughed and laughed. But I wasn't really bothered by it. Freaky little baby, but I can live with it. This is so much fun. I love the black borders by the way, and I love the colors, it just has such a wonderful feel to it.

When will it arrive.....*tapping foot looking down driveway*

Satori

Brandaluna, ebay has a World Spirit deck for 9.95.

put World Spirit into the search bar to see it.

Good luck

tao51

elf said:
... I got a look at that Sun card on the Llewellyn tarot reading site. I laughed and laughed. But I wasn't really bothered by it. Freaky little baby, but I can live with it. This is so much fun. I love the black borders by the way, and I love the colors, it just has such a wonderful feel to it.

[/B]

Elf, I love this deck but when I first looked at the Sun card I was taken aback. I started to laugh. I do not jump now when I turn it over.--Tao

Satori

It came today!

Well, I have the World Spirit in my hot little hands today!
I love it!
I'm really satisfied with it and I know it will be used! I just love it!

The World card is quite nice and the Tower is from a perspective I've never seen before.

I think the Magician card is my favorite. I just love it. So light and fun and the setting is perfect....

All in all I'd have to say only the Sun card is disappointing. I wonder if they would be willing to redo it and send out replacement Sun cards for those of us with the deck already???

I can live with that Sun card, but it is so different from the other cards and doesn't pack the punch I've come to expect from The Sun in a deck as well.....

This is going to be a fun weekend....I'm expecting another deck to appear tomorrow or Saturday....Wheel of Change....I'll be glued to the Tarot all weekend!

Sulis

Hi Elf, glad you've got your deck. I'm sure you'll love it more and more the more often you use it. I don't think that the creators of the deck would do a new Sun card as the original one is based on one of their children so I think they quite like it :)
Personally I find the Star more offensive than the Sun - I think that's definately the worst card in the deck in my opinion - not too keen on the 3 of Swords either - mainly because I just don't understand it - I think the heart pierced by 3 swords is better.

Even though there are some cards in this deck I just don't like it's still one of my all time faves, the cards which are good are very, very good :D

Enjoy your deck :)

Love

Sulis xx

tao51

Egad

The star can be disturbing!--Tao