Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Butterfly Oracle Cards For Life's Changes by Doreen Virtue???

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

Resident

pagan.hare 
Resident
Butterfly Oracle Cards For Life's Changes by Doreen Virtue???

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about these cards or have images? Normally you find plenty of images via Google and I'm finding nothing! I'm looking for a butterfly oracle for my niece and thought possibly these. But I want by until I have seen some pictures.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Keeper of the Light

WhiteWolfy 
Keeper of the Light

I have my eye on this one but as the deck isn't due to be released until May 2016 that's probably why there are no images around at the moment.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Glass Owl 
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan.hare View Post
I'm looking for a butterfly oracle for my niece and thought possibly these.
I have Doreen's Butterfly Oracle cards on pre-order on Amazon. As the release date gets closer, I'll watch for images online and then if it is isn't something that catches my eye I will cancel the order.

In the meanwhile you may want to take a look at Jeri Totten's Butterfly Visions Oracle deck. It is playing card size and is absolutely stunning, as well as easy to read. She also offers a matching pouch:

http://www.jeritottendesigns.com/ite...ons-Oracle.htm
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/2331...acle-card-deck

The Nature's Whispers Oracle is another beauty and features a lot of butterflies throughout the deck. It is very inspirational and nature oriented.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Resident

pagan.hare 
Resident

Yes..spotted these too and they do look fantastic. And a good price too. I've contacted Jeri about shipping costs to the UK, as its not mentioned anywhere other than how long it'll take. So yes keeping in mind 😊
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Resident

meeka4monty 
Resident

I must add that Alana Fairchild has released a Butterfly Affirmations deck too. This may help anyone out who is interested with the Virtue deck.

I've seen the Fairchild one in person, the cards are small but very vibrantly pretty and there's text on the back of the card. Not much, much like a Louise L Hay affirmation.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

http://www.angeltherapy.com/oracle-cards

You can currently sample the cards here Also there's a few short videos that include flip throughs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrAc1abVtIk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1Fmecodcc

I'm on the fence. I preordered this quite some time ago but I'm not sure I'll like them. They seem like some vague but deep sounding title thrown on a picture of a butterfly with no correlation of the individual butterflies featured or their symbolism/connection to the card meaning. Lately DV decks seem more "quantity over quality" and like slightly tweaked versions of previous more thought out decks. I went to cancel my preorder but unfortunately it was too late. Luckily this deck like most of her others isn't super expensive. It'll probably be another novelty deck for me to work with for a week or so and then pull out of my storage on rare occasions.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

desertrat 
Citizen

I had DV's Butterfly Oracle on pre-order and have just received notice from Amazon that it is on its way to me. I really love butterflies and am looking forward to receiving the deck. Sometimes I don't mind vague-ish oracles ala DV. Sometimes I just want a pretty picture and a keyword to allow my mind to wander, rather than profundity. A little pick-me-up to encourage a smile - that is what I expect this deck will be for me.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Citizen

desertrat 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeka4monty View Post
I must add that Alana Fairchild has released a Butterfly Affirmations deck too. This may help anyone out who is interested with the Virtue deck.

I've seen the Fairchild one in person, the cards are small but very vibrantly pretty and there's text on the back of the card. Not much, much like a Louise L Hay affirmation.
Will be looking into this one also.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

desertrat 
Citizen

Welp, DV's Butterfly Oracle is extremely disappointing. The butterflies are beautiful. The flowers are beautiful. The keywords are ludicrous. It seems to be geared towards older people with such titles as "Retirement", "New Exercise Program", "Adult Children" and "Parental Care". *bad words* Excuse me, but who needs oracle cards to tell them to care for their elderly parents or to plan for retirement. Grrr...... I need to find a way to replace these ridiculous keywords with my own. I feel like the images are too lovely to give up on.

Sigh.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Keeper of the Light

WhiteWolfy 
Keeper of the Light

I managed to see a youtube review earlier of some of the cards and i wasn't that impressed, the pictures were nice bit they didn't thrill me so i decided not to bother with it...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.