Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Nightvale

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

I just got my copy in. Haven't looked at the art just yet but did make sure I had all my cards. My Fool card is damaged. Did anyone else find they had damaged cards?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Resident

WhiteWolf66 
Resident

None of our two decks were damaged but they were in a funky order. Do you like them?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Resident

LeithinCluan 
Resident

I've had this deck for about a week and I love it. I've been following the creator's tumblr posts for a while - they showed the artwork as they were working on it. Some of the art is just gorgeous. I'm a huge fan so I was keen to get it. So far, I'm feeling like it's more of a very unconventional tarot deck than an oracle deck - the creator has tried to match meanings with (some of the) traditional RW-style associations of each card, but the shape of the Night Vale story has inevitably led to some big differences in meaning. But there's still a solid sense of the four suits, the court cards as people, etc. I'm really loving it so far - the deck feels to me like it has a very direct and sarcastic character - as you might guess from the story it's based on...! I wrote a blog post about my early thoughts on the deck, today, here: https://andotherlight.wordpress.com/...ht-vale-tarot/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

Marcus R 
Citizen

My teen daughter put me on to Night Vale just this weekend. I like the overt Lovecraftian undertones. Found the deck in the store, very appealing. Looking to pick this up sometime.

Remember,
If you see something,
Say nothing
And drink to forget.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Resident

Yarnzipan 
Resident

I picked up this tarot as soon as I saw it for sale and it's one of the decks that I just get... lost in. It's odd because even in cases where for one reason or another, I don't quite remember the reference or what the card is for in WTNV, the deck feels incredibly cohesive and it flows within the unique universe of WTNV. Even those cards flow and the more unique understandings of what's going on on the card kind of... fit in.

It's definitely a deck that I need to be in a very specific mood for, or one that I use to help with when I'm feeling like I need something from left field. Or when I just want to kind of see the tarot from a slightly different angle.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.