The Emperor as a relationship need

tarot_quest

Hi Aters :)

How would you see the Emperor when describing the type of relationship that you are aiming for? Other threads mostly talk about the Emperor as a person, rather than the relationship itself (and often depicts the man).

More precisely, I asked which type of relationship would suit me and I got the Emperor upright. (I also got the 4 of pentacles and the hierophant as which type of partner would suit me, which I both interpret as a conservative partner and someone having Taurean qualities)

Does the Emperor means that I need a relationship in which there is structure and a sens of direction? And I am not looking for a father-type of husband :p

Intotouch

Yes I would agree that structure is suggested. And rules, and control and everything in it's place and one person dictating how the relationship could be, where they go, what they wear, etc etc. But that person is not necessarily the man in the relationship. If it is describing a relationship it is describing one where on person is the emperor and the other the subject. Sometimes this could be the woman taking on what is traditionally a male role. Eg looking after bills and earning more money or all the money. A more positive take on this kind of relationship would be one where one person makes all the responsible, heavy decisions and the other person is grateful for this and the decisions made are done with consideration. It also suggests a stable relationship where everyone knows his/ her role/ place.

elena_jaymz

Hi, I think the Emperor in this context says you need a serious and traditional relationship, one that has strong foundations in traditional values and conventional structures.

Puffette

How would you see the Emperor when describing the type of relationship that you are aiming for? Other threads mostly talk about the Emperor as a person, rather than the relationship itself (and often depicts the man).

More precisely, I asked which type of relationship would suit me and I got the Emperor upright (with other conservative cards such as hierophant and 4 of pentacles for which partner would be a good fit for me).

Does the Emperor means that I need a relationship in which there is structure and a sens of direction? And I am not looking for a father-type of husband :p

************Two people need love in order to be together but the relationship must be based on respect too!! This is what the emperor says as a general trait for the future relationship.**********
Things must be clear from the very bigenning between you and your future partner. No doubts,no concerns,no playing.

I guess you wish to have a family,you have values,to have your own home and balance in your life and this is what u will get in the end. You need someone in whom u can put your whole trust. Hierophant partners are reliable and solid,steady,they know to apreciate a woman,they have traditions and they are respectful towards you and his parents/your parents and everyone in general. The hierophant man know how to dress,he will always make a good impression in society and he will hold your hand and make you his woman and the mother of his future children.
Normally when we fall in love we tend to fall immediately for that person and make ourselves available without thinking about the future or sometimes we think love is the only ingredient necesary so that a relationship can survive. Here its an advice from the cards to not allow your feelings to control over your actions. Dont be impulsive. Hierophant is anything but about physical love or romantic emotions. Its about allowing your connection to grow in time.

The 4 of pentacles is suggesting u should make yourself valuable and make your future partner appreciate you but for that you will have to not offer yourself right away(not only physically but also emotionally- let him boil a bit in his own sauce). Since the 4 of pents is in pair with Hierophant,it suggests you must make this man work and put effort in conquering you,allow him to court you traditionally and this way he will appreciate it more when the time will come to have you in his arms. This is about the small steps in achieving a serious relationship. This way he will hold u tight and he will not let you go never. 4 of pentacles as the 4 of wands is about stability and possesion.
When one works hard to achieve something he will appreciate thousand times more then if he got everything on the snap of his fingers.
Materially would suggest a hard working man and with the sense of responsability for the day of tomorrow,someone that would not spend money on silly things or joke about his finances.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi tarot_quest,

As I'm sure you know, whenever asking for help with card interpretations, you are required to provide your own interpretations first before anyone else may help you. You offhandedly mentioned two other cards from the reading, but didn't interpret them. I have hidden a response that did interpret those cards until you edit your post to add your own interpretations.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Grizabella

I agree that it would mean a traditional relationship where everything is in good order. Think of what an Emperor would do and what he'd surround himself with.

Imagining the Emperor with regard to a relationship reminds me of someone married to a very dedicated career military man. My grandfather was German and his motto about a how a household should be run was "a place for everything and everything in its place". He was quite a stickler for that.

Bearing that in mind, imagine a relationship where everything had to be tidy and ship-shape. Everything done in its proper order---the house, the kids, the family activities, etc. and as long as that was maintained in good order, all would be well, but if it weren't there'd be a storm brewing.

nisaba

How would you see the Emperor when describing the type of relationship that you are aiming for?
More precisely, I asked which type of relationship would suit me and I got the Emperor upright.
Does the Emperor means that I need a relationship in which there is structure and a sens of direction?

Structure, yes. Routine, organisation, a sense of right-and-wrong, your own little kingdom, predictability, strength-of-relationship, all those sorts of things.

Barleywine

I see this card when a strongly supportive father-figure is desired in a relationship; the stability and the maturity are the obvious draws. But you have to take the bad with the good: authoriarianism, an unswerving rigidity of purpose, and a "might-makes-right" attitude. The Emperor wants things his way. George Carlin would have called it a "man on top, get it over with quick" paradigm. But then, what did he know? :)

tarot_quest

... one person dictating how the relationship could be, where they go, what they wear, etc etc. But that person is not necessarily the man in the relationship.
It's good to know that a female can also be in that position!

If it is describing a relationship it is describing one where on person is the emperor and the other the subject. Sometimes this could be the woman taking on what is traditionally a male role. Eg looking after bills and earning more money or all the money. A more positive take on this kind of relationship would be one where one person makes all the responsible, heavy decisions and the other person is grateful for this and the decisions made are done with consideration. It also suggests a stable relationship where everyone knows his/ her role/ place.

So you see one person taking the lead and the other one being grateful for it. I like that you don't necessarily see imbalances if one is more in charge than the other. Thanks a lot!

tarot_quest

Hi, I think the Emperor in this context says you need a serious and traditional relationship, one that has strong foundations in traditional values and conventional structures.

It makes sens elena. I am looking for these things in a relationship. I feel insecure when I am not with a responsible and reliable partner.