Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Hopes and Fears Spread (aka "Light and Shadow")

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Hopes and Fears Spread (aka "Light and Shadow")

As I know many of you have, I struggled for a long time with the "hopes and fears" conundrum of the Celtic Cross spread. It just seems messy, even though I've resolved it to my own satisfaction. But I thought "Why not create a spread specifically to look at the optimism/pessimism angle of a situation?" Here it is, with notes for its use.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Light & Shadow Spread.pdf (27.3 KB, 106 views)
Top   #1
Moon Lover

AraLuck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
As I know many of you have, I struggled for a long time with the "hopes and fears" conundrum of the Celtic Cross spread. It just seems messy, even though I've resolved it to my own satisfaction. But I thought "Why not create a spread specifically to look at the optimism/pessimism angle of a situation?" Here it is, with notes for its use.

That's a nice one!! So the middle card is the significator? I will try it in a few days and post my results. Thanks
Top   #2
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraLuck View Post
That's a nice one!! So the middle card is the significator? I will try it in a few days and post my results. Thanks
I decided not to officially call it the significator because I like Rodney's idea of having the significator "delivered" by the deck into one of the positions. But rather than make that random (not "if" it shows up, but "where"), I settled on a separate deal that continues until it appears. I debated whether the significator should be left out of the deck because it might cause confusion if it shows up again as part of the reading spread, but for now I think in that case it could be read as a quality or energy within the situation rather than a person.

The middle position (if you decide to put a card there) could also represent the significator if you don't want to do the extra step, but I think I'll use it more as the "situation" similar to the first card of the Celtic Cross.
Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.