Tarot spells

Tanga

Has any of you tried casting spells using your cards?

Yes.
*See sections as Zephyros has indicated.

I don't know if the spell is working though. There's a person harassing me online. This person was far away (abroad), and I cast a binding spell.
I decided I will only break the spell when the person has apologized.

...Part of the spell I wrote was that the person will feel bound by day (eight of swords) and sleepless at night (nine of swords) until he apologizes. The situation involves money, and I did say that if the person offers to pay back then I know the apology is sincere. (A)

The person's text messages were: Let's meet. I'll buy you anything you want as a peace offering. Let's start over.

I replied: Maybe it's better if you don't buy me any thing, instead give me time to pay you back any money I owe you, (B) and then save this friendship by not involving you in my money issues any more.

Now the person is texting me and saying they want to meet up. I don't want to meet the person. But they say it's for peace offering.

Oooooooh. Let me get this straight. You know this person? You owe them money?
Or do they owe you money? - you have said both in two different posts so I am confused
( (A) and (B) ).
They have been hassling you online why? And you've cursed them and decided they can stay cursed until they apologise to you (not face to face) and only then will you pay them the money back? (Or they pay you the money back?... what?).
I'm not quite sure I've got the whole story straight here...

Hmmmm. Sounds to me (from my present understanding) like:
1) You may be walking a fine line between light and dark - if you get my meaning.
What if they never apologise (sincerely) and never sleep again??? Hmmmm.
Effectively - that could lead to all kinds of disaster including the "unmentionable card"
(Major Arcanum 13). My Word...
You refuse to let go of being right (even if you are) to the extent of wishing harm?
OK if they're harming you - then I'd seek a swift cut-off and just move on leaving them behind you - I would avoid further tying them TO YOU with such a curse.

2) Spells aside - I think that (I'm assuming this is/was a friend that you know) the 1st port of call should really be to meet up with them (safely) and attempt to sort the problem out face to face - as in my opinion, Spell Casting in such a situation should be a last resort (because you've really gotta be careful what you wish for).

3) Why do you not want to meet them if they are extending an olive branch? (or so it seems). If you can't look them in the eye - your friendship is dead. So expecting an on-line apology (or whatever) is moot IMO.
AND as you've cast such a spell - you are no longer friends with this person anyway - so it's still moot.
(So saying "lets save this friendship by not involving you in money issues anymore" - is useless. You will never be on equal footing again).

I am sorry - but I must give my frank opinion of 'bending another's will' - as you've asked for it.
Particularly as I'm into spell craft and ritual myself

Well! Good Luck! It sounds like a really difficult situation.

AS for the Tarot spell itself. Looks good to me. I'd personally add a few more bits to the ritual - but that is from my tradition (of Wicca).
I have a separate deck for spell work (several actually) - I wouldn't use the same one for readings because
I find I can't clearly separate in-my-head the two different functions of the deck - for magick and for reading.
Having a separate deck helps me keep the two ideas separate and thus allows me to read without the interference of my "spell casting baggage" getting in the way of another persons reading.

earthshine

Oooooooh. Let me get this straight. You know this person? You owe them money?
Or do they owe you money? - you have said both in two different posts so I am confused
( (A) and (B) ).
They have been hassling you online why? And you've cursed them and decided they can stay cursed until they apologise to you (not face to face) and only then will you pay them the money back? (Or they pay you back?... what?).
I'm not quite sure I've got the whole story straight here...
What happened was this person said he's in love with me. I told him I wasn't interested. But he was insistent. Then he said he'll prove it by sending me money--which he did! Now I intend to just give it all back. Because he's acting like he owns me. And online his words have been derisive, condescending, demeaning. It was verbal abuse.

I even offered him a tarot reading and he said that was stupid.

Hmmmm. Sounds to me (from my present understanding) like:
1) You may be walking a fine line between light and dark - if you get my meaning.
What if they never apologise (sincerely) and never sleep again??? Hmmmm.
Effectively - that could lead to all kinds of disaster including the "unmentionable card"
(Major Arcanum 13). My Word...
You refuse to let go of being right (even if you are) to the extent of wishing harm?
OK if they're harming you - then I'd seek a swift cut off and just move on leaving them behind you - I would avoid further tying them TO YOU with a curse.

2) Spells aside - I think that (I'm assuming this is/was a friend that you know) the 1st port of call should really be to meet up with them (safely) and attempt to sort the problem out face to face - as in my opinion, Spell Casting should be a last resort (because you've really gotta be careful what you wish for).

3) Why do you not want to meet them if they are extending an olive branch? (or so it seems). If you can't look them in the eye - your friendship is dead. So expecting an on-line apology is moot IMO.
AND as you've cast such a spell - you are no longer friends with this person, so it's moot anyway. (So saying "lets save this friendship by not involving you in money issues anymore" - is useless).

I am sorry - but I must give my frank opinion of 'bending another's will' straight up - as you've asked for it. Particularly as I'm into spell craft and ritual myself

Well! Good Luck! It sounds like a really difficult situation.
Now I wish I consulted here at the forums first before attempting a spell. I just felt desperate at a time. I didn't know casting a 'curse' ~ so it's a curse not a spell? ~ on someone ties them to me?

The person knows that I am currently in a situation where I need money. I've gotten a job and will start soon though... Thank the Universe! But the reason I don't want to meet with him is I am afraid he will capitalize on my current financial vulnerability, buy me all sorts of books I always wanted, etc., and continue his verbal abuse. He believes he owns me.

I just wanted a clean cut and I think I've made a mess with amateur spell casting.

Tanga

What happened was this person said he's in love with me. I told him I wasn't interested. But he was insistent. Then he said he'll prove it by sending me money--which he did! Now I intend to just give it all back. Because he's acting like he owns me. And online his words have been derisive, condescending, demeaning. It was verbal abuse.

Ahh. I see.
Now - if you were not interested - why did you accept the money?
Even if financially strapped - accepting on such false grounds is really asking for trouble - don't you think?
And - as you're describing, the relationship is now ...unhealthy to say the least.
Oh dear. I am so sorry.

All that remains - is to clean up the mess as efficiently as you can. A most human practice . :)

I even offered him a tarot reading and he said that was stupid.

WHY?? For what purpose is the Tarot reading? How would it improve things?

Now I wish I consulted here at the forums first before attempting a spell. I just felt desperate at a time. I didn't know casting a 'curse' ~ so it's a curse not a spell? ~ on someone ties them to me?

A binding such as yours: "wrestless by day, and sleepless by night until I release you" - is the kind of spell that one could call a curse.

I just wanted a clean cut and I think I've made a mess with amateur spell casting.

IMO "clean cut" would be - pay them back the money and say goodbye forever.
(which you could have reflected in your spell ofcourse).
Attempting to force them to apologise is in some way - just hanging on to them (because you're waiting for the apology, when you KNOW they have manipulative tendancies,
and now they're waiting to "apologise by meeting up and buying you loads of stuff" - which is the whole problem in the first place - right? So, why even go there?

In this case I see how NOT meeting with them might probably be better for you.
I would get out. A.s.a.p.

And - I would dismantle that binding. Invent your own just as you have before.
**Note that this is all just my opinion.

Here's a small undoing/unbinding/unbanishing chant of mine that I might use:

"What's done is done indeed
Yet I must loose the bonded creed...
For the knot I drew to midnight's heed,
Was one that was not in my place to need!"

:heart:

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

Hi all,

General discussion of magic, spells, effects, etc. is better suited for the Spirituality forum. While background information on the spell(s) used adds to the discussion, this is the Talking Tarot forum, so let's try to keep it in the neighborhood of the Tarot aspects of the issue.

Thanks

Tanga

Yes.
Thanks Zephyros.
Apologies - I felt I couldn't leave this one "hanging".

readerico - if you wish to engage further on this, perhaps you'd like to post in the
'Spirituality' forum and I can continue discussion with you there.
Or PM me (if you aren't a subscriber and therefore cannot access 'Spirituality').

earthshine

Zephyros, I'm sorry if I posted this thread not in the right part of the forums.

Tanga, thank you for sharing your unbinding spell with me. That was gracious of you. I must admit I was asking for karmic trouble. Lesson learned for me. And now to clean my own mess up.

I offered a Tarot reading because I'm quite passionate about Tarot and I thought if he liked it then at least we'll have common ground. And because people I've read for have said the Tarot readings have been very helpful to them.

I'll let you all know what happens--in a thread I'll start in the proper forum.

Thanks, everyone.

Zephyros

It's quite alright to post about Tarot magic here, this is the right place for it (hence the sticky). My intent was not to dry up the conversation. Just keep it generally Tarot related. :)

Zephyros

In any case I think your spell was quite inventive and charming. I think that the cards you chose were a bit harsh, as it is all a matter of degrees. The Nine of Swords seems a bit overkill for a apology.

Was the Devil your catalyst? I asked because I have used him in somewhat the same way, as a very Earth card it would make sense that he would make things happen.

Also keep in mind that with any binding you're also, to a certain extent, binding yourself. You're giving them power over you, that the hurt will end only if they do something on their end. A cleanse or purification or banishment as Tanga suggested might be more appropriate as you want to disengage from them. An apology is all well and good, but it only goes so far and no further.

earthshine

Thank you, Zephyros! Now I'll expose the extent of my amateurism. I didn't have a reason for the Devil card, except when I was imagining this in my head that was the card that came to mind. I didn't know about its Catalyst effect. Maybe the image of the chains where the Devil is perched on felt to me like it would strengthen the binding spell.