Crystals and vivid dreams

Padma

Best stone for beside the bed is celestite :) peaceful sleep, no insomnia. Not all crystals are suited for bedtime use!

Bluedahlia

Thanks Padma ~ I'll have to check that one out! :) And good to know that some stones aren't good for use at bedtime. Do you know which stones would be the ones to definitely avoid?

Best stone for beside the bed is celestite :) peaceful sleep, no insomnia. Not all crystals are suited for bedtime use!

Laura Borealis

I'll have to try celestite - I'll look for one when I visit my hometown in a couple weeks. I definitely want to hit the crystal store while I'm there. :D

I wanted to report on another stone I've been working with for sleep. I read that howlite was good for restful sleep. I got a couple pieces and have experimented with them. The nights when I had them on my bedside table, I definitely slept deeper and more restfully. In fact I didn't wake in the middle of the night as I usually do. I still had dreams, but they were calmer too - not necessarily the content (which was normal for me) but my mood in my dreams was calm.

So, I recommend howlite :thumbsup: Though as with any stone, YMMV.

Padma

Thanks Padma ~ I'll have to check that one out! :) And good to know that some stones aren't good for use at bedtime. Do you know which stones would be the ones to definitely avoid?

Stones that AREN'T good are any that are for the use of cleansing or energizing. (i.e. anything red, yellow) Myself, I would only use blue or purple stones by the bedside - though, some white ones (such as the Howlite Laura mentions) can work well :)

FinoAllaFine

I have definitely noticed that when I put some amethyst in my pillowcase my dreams become significantly more vivid. I've thought about some kind of dream diary but never actually got round to doing it. Perhaps I should do more to hold on to the information in those dreams.