Modern Spellcaster's Tarot Delayed Until September 18th

markdc10

My husband, Scott Murphy, is the artist for the deck. Neither he nor Melanie is happy about the delays! I can't explain Amazon's problem being sold out already, but I know the printing of the deck was delayed, thus the release date was also delayed. Melanie has received the deck though (yay!) and she posted a photo of it on her facebook. So it does exist! Scott hasn't received his shipment yet. We're very excited to finally see it in person though after all the hard work and all this time that has passed since he started working on it!
Hello and good to hear from you

Does Scott know if this deck could have been aquired by https://www.llewellyn.com I feel like Amazon may have cut the price a lot on this Tarot deck. I am excited to see it in person.

The art work of this deck looks amazing!

Barleywine

Perhaps Amazon doesn't want to honor the pre-order price, which is significantly lower than Llewellyn's, so they're hoping people will cancel.

littlethings

Perhaps Amazon doesn't want to honor the pre-order price, which is significantly lower than Llewellyn's, so they're hoping people will cancel.

This is exactly what I think and I wrote to Amazon about it. They didn't answer my questions, and I told them that on the feedback follow up. Still waiting on a response

markdc10

So Amazon would basically instead of honoring the price!

Amazon
Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in sending your order.

I understand your concern that your order should have been arrived within two days since you have been activated for Amazon prime membership for Two-Day Shipping.

Receiving late shipment can be disappointing, and I do apologize for it. We certainly didn't expect this would happen.

I've checked the availability for Modern Spellcaster's Tarot, and can confirm that it's now back-ordered from the seller after you placed the order. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the item. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

However, I've checked and see that the Modern Spellcaster's Tarotis available from other sellers on our site. Go to the page below to see the offers available:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0738741663/aeclectic/

If you need this item sooner, to compensate for this inconvenience, I've made an exception to our standard policy.

Please cancel this order and place a new order for the item from any seller using fastest shipping and write back to us with the order number using above link so that we can waive off or refund the shipping charges for the new order.

Note: Item must be fulfilled by Amazon.com because we are unable to make any changes to orders purchased from sellers as they process your order.

To cancel this order, visit the link below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=110-3741484-8221014​

If you find any difficulties in cancelling this order, Please write back to us and We'll cancel it for you right away.

I understand asking you to place a new order would be hassle for you however, above given option are the best I can do for you to resolve this issue.

​Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated on this matter.

We always value your business and hope to see you again at Amazon.com.​

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Saroop H

markdc10

Amazon pre-order is fradulant

basically Amazon doesnt want to honor the pre order I place during the winter. They want me to cancel and reorder through them. Ha ha ha. Not a chance

markdc10

https://www.llewellyn.com
Llewellyn did ship this out to me after ordering last night! It may cost more than on Amazon but no way will I cancel my order with Amazon and reorder with them!

Dee Ell

UThat Amazon response is the most ridiculous thing I've read from a company: they're acting like they're being magnanimous by allowing you to cancel your order with them and re-order it at a higher price??

No. They should give you a credit for the difference in price and express ship it to you! I'd call or live chat with them and demand that if I was in your position.

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the deck creators...

(and a big welcome to AT to Elisabeth Alba! I look forward to seeing your own deck creations as well :) btw, your husband's Knight of Cups is a delight :D )

DaughterOfDanu

That Amazon response is the most ridiculous thing I've read from a company: they're acting like they're being magnanimous by allowing you to cancel your order with them and re-order or at a higher price??

Wow. I had to read that part twice to make sure that's what I was actually reading. Amazon's customer service has really gone downhill as of late.

I've preordered mine back in February I think. But I've got a feeling I'll be forced to wait as I ordered with a secondary amazon account that I don't have prime on like I do on my main amazon account. So I'm sure they're going to prioritize and ship out to anyone with prime long before they ship out for regular customers.

While I'm disappointed about the shipping situation and how Amazon's handling it I'm looking forward to this deck, and excited to see Elisabeth joining in the discussion. Welcome!

Theta Choir

My husband, Scott Murphy, is the artist for the deck...<Snip>

Aw, you were very sweet to jump in here and comment. Thank you for introducing yourself and for bringing a different perspective to the discussion.

To be clear, my irritation is totally with Amazon and certainly not with Scott or Melanie. I know they have no control over Amazon's stocking or shipping policies. :)

I'm just going to keep waiting for Amazon to realize I'm not going to cancel my order. Sooner or later, they'll have to give up and send me my deck, lol!

markdc10

Aw, you were very sweet to jump in here and comment. Thank you for introducing yourself and for bringing a different perspective to the discussion.

To be clear, my irritation is totally with Amazon and certainly not with Scott or Melanie. I know they have no control over Amazon's stocking or shipping policies. :)

I'm just going to keep waiting for Amazon to realize I'm not going to cancel my order. Sooner or later, they'll have to give up and send me my deck, lol!

Or you could cancel the Amazon order and order from https://www.llewellyn.com

Mine was shipped out Tuesday, I ordered my Monday. Per the tracking it will arrive Monday 9/26, I choose the 4 - 7 day shipping. I will do an unboxing and load it on You Tube.