How do you store your rocks and crystals?

linnie

Oooh! Lots of cool idea! I love the idea of an apothecary cabinet or a jewelry chest. Mine are just in a Home Depot box with snap shut pull out trays. I rotate my crystals monthly-ish around my house. Kind of a tangible prayer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A tangible prayer... yes... I love that! :D

linnie

Attachments

• some of my crystal friends small file size.jpg
    some of my crystal friends small file size.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 224

Amsonia

Ah... found the old pic of the typesetter tray/letter press :)

http://tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=85061&stc=1&d=1478096502

drool!!! :heart:

I found a small 3 drawer faux black leather jewelry box that fit in the open section of my tarot desk yesterday at HOME (a store). It's small, but for now fits the space well. It was a bit of a splurge and so not very cost effective, but I'm happy with it. It holds most of what I have for now without taking up too much room. Maybe having this small storage will keep me from buying too many more crystals....NOT!?!?!

Padma

I think I may have mentioned here earlier - but I keep mine in long, shallow dishes. I have one on the dining room table, and one on the kitchen table. (that one is a cake stand, actually! The edges turn up just enough to keep things from rolling off.)

I also have them on my window ledges, as well as on my altar. I love being surrounded by them, where I can see and feel them!

MandMaud

Ah... found the old pic of the typesetter tray/letter press :)

http://tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=85061&stc=1&d=1478096502

Oh! :) Friends I visited this year have a coffee table made of one of those trays, with a sheet of glass on top - each little section had something personal and/or old in it, such as a personalised key fob, an old passport photo, a needle case, a peg doll, a ring, all sorts of things. I honestly don't remember if they had crystals as such (not that kind of people) but I'm pretty sure some of the sections contained pretty shells.

Something similar filled with crystals would make a wonderful table, or wall decoration, or something. Especially if the glass could be lifted to get at them... which might spoil it as a piece of furniture, but there are loads of possibilities for the creative. :)

If I ever see one for sale, I'm determined to grab it and make a table like that.

MareSaturni

What Padma said... They really need to get out and see and feel the sunshine and moonlight, a rain shower (not dissolvable ones), lightning etc... it charges the beautiful things up so they don't lose their sparkle :)

It's important to know your crystals well before letting them out in contact with the elements.

Some crystals will fade in the sunlight, like amethyst and celestite. Others, like you mentioned, can become damaged by water, like selenite (or any form of gypsum actually, because it's a soft mineral) and angelite. Some, like sulphur crystals, can dissolve completely in water. Chalcopyrite can lose its brassy colour upon weathering. And so on.

But I agree that letting them in contact with the earth itself sometimes gives them a very special spark. :) Personally, I keep my crystals in a small straw basket with a lid... I believe the natural material preserves their energy better.

celticnoodle

Oh my...i am being reminded of the need to do the same thing...:laugh:

i have crystals and stones EVERYWHERE!!! :p On Dressers, multiple altars,
in windows, on desks, on tables, in baskets, in bowls....on book shelves...in bags and/or
boxes with decks...Oi! {{{{MoonGypsy Blushes}}} Oh...and a few in plants...:laugh:

In the infamous words of Jack Sparrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK2F39jtymA

Solutions would be good...

I'm like you, MG. I have them everywhere through out my homes. I have a bunch on my etagere here at the farmhouse and then beside my tables by my bed and also where I sit in the LR mostly. Up at the river house, I have the majority of htem with my crystal balls in our guest room which also serves as my meditation room, when no guests are visiting. I also have some out in the dining room and living room as well and again by my bedside.

I have a tendency to also bring them out to look at them, meditate w/them, etc. and then leave them laying around on tables or in the china hutch. I love to move them around and sometimes put them beside our ceramic Tomte (Swedish little people--like elves). The way they are made, it looks like they are holding them or scrying with them and I like a wee bit of whimsey.

I also like to put them with my plants sometimes--but I'm very careful about that as some don't do well with wetness--and I don't want to lose any!

celticnoodle

I'd just like to add that most of the crystals in my house are very cosily wrapped... in dust.

Mind you, so is everything else so don't think it's favouritism. :D
ROFL MandMaud, you're too funny! :D

celticnoodle

Ayram, I also use candle holders, (glass and various others too) to hold my crystals--mostly the crystal balls. They are quite handy and as I don't care to burn candles anymore--specifically tapers, (I had one fall out of the holder once and burn my table cloth! :eek:----they make GREAT crystal holders!

I'll try to post pics of my lovelies later this week and post them. They do enjoy getting their pics taken and I enjoy sharing them. :)

I also have some lovely witches balls at both homes too. They love to be with the crystals as well, but sometimes I hang them up in a window that doesn't get strong sunshine. I have 2 hanging over our bar in the farmhouse.