Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
I love the Deviant Moon but find some the Barbara Walker cards far creepier.
The Barbara Walker is from a time before decks tried to be creepy. I really don't think that was the intention. It just has this unsettling, 1950s, sickly technicolor undercurrent. Now *dark* is a cool selling point and falls short somehow. I like the Dark Grimoires and Bohemian Gothics, but the Walker is in a different league.

I'm curious to see whether the Wonderland has a glorious renaissance. Short of being currently OOP - something which will of course soon be remedied - I'm not sure how desirable it really is as a reading deck.

In terms of publishing, I thought the Aquarian came out quickly -much quicker than I expected - so I'm hoping they're all out by March 2017.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #31
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
The Barbara Walker is from a time before decks tried to be creepy. I really don't think that was the intention. It just has this unsettling, 1950s, sickly technicolor undercurrent. Now *dark* is a cool selling point and falls short somehow. I like the Dark Grimoires and Bohemian Gothics, but the Walker is in a different league.

I'm curious to see whether the Wonderland has a glorious renaissance. Short of being currently OOP - something which will of course soon be remedied - I'm not sure how desirable it really is as a reading deck.

In terms of publishing, I thought the Aquarian came out quickly -much quicker than I expected - so I'm hoping they're all out by March 2017.
I have no interest in the Wonderland Tarot. Was it popular when it was originally released? I sent a message to USG to find out more about the Winter 2017 time frame. Ill post here when I hear back.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #32
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

I'm not sure the Wonderland was ever that popular. But I'm not an authority on this. It's not an OOP deck I heard people pining for to be honest.

I suspect it may have been released in the trail of the baba Alice deck. Can't afford baba decks? Come to US Games...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #33
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 
~ Collector of words ~

I only heard of the Wonderland when it was already OOP and I saw it mentioned on AT from time to time, by people who were sorry the deck had gone OOP.
For me, it is not a deck I would pay a huge price for but for a regular price, it is quirky enough to draw my interest.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #34
Citizen

earthair 
Citizen

I will probably have to get all of them. The Barbara Walker is particularly welcome revival as I was scared to use my copy in case I damaged it more. I hope they slim down the white borders though otherwise the images will be the size of postage stamps!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #35
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
I will probably have to get all of them. The Barbara Walker is particularly welcome revival as I was scared to use my copy in case I damaged it more. I hope they slim down the white borders though otherwise the images will be the size of postage stamps!
imagine if it was borderless! One can dream.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #36
Citizen

velvetina 
Citizen

My Barbara Walker (thank you Le Fanu!) and my Wonderland are both somewhat smaller than the 'average' tarot, and although I like - and use -all 3 decks mentioned here, I wonder why they don't make them all borderless?

Maybe I'm just being prompted by my elderly eyesight, but it does niggle a little, that these opportunities for creating something else, rather than just shrinking the image, doesn't seem to happen. How amazing (in my opinion) the Aquarian could have been!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #37
Resident

flyingfoxtarot 
Resident

Even though the cards will be smaller then I normally like, I'm probably going to pick up the Wonderland in a Tin. I love all things Victorian and weird, and I think the smaller size will be nice for photographing. Sometimes I struggle to get nice photos of my spreads because the cards are too dang big!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #38
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

These tin decks should be available January 2017 per US Games.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #39
Citizen

banbha 
Citizen

On Amazon US their listing says Dec. 20th. They're sending notifications by email when they're available.

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Moon-Taro...ords=tarot+tin

https://www.amazon.com/Wonderland-Ta...ords=tarot+tin

No listing for Barbara Walker yet.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.