Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
I love the Deviant Moon but find some the Barbara Walker cards far creepier.
The Barbara Walker is from a time before decks tried to be creepy. I really don't think that was the intention. It just has this unsettling, 1950s, sickly technicolor undercurrent. Now *dark* is a cool selling point and falls short somehow. I like the Dark Grimoires and Bohemian Gothics, but the Walker is in a different league.

I'm curious to see whether the Wonderland has a glorious renaissance. Short of being currently OOP - something which will of course soon be remedied - I'm not sure how desirable it really is as a reading deck.

In terms of publishing, I thought the Aquarian came out quickly -much quicker than I expected - so I'm hoping they're all out by March 2017.
Top   #31
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
The Barbara Walker is from a time before decks tried to be creepy. I really don't think that was the intention. It just has this unsettling, 1950s, sickly technicolor undercurrent. Now *dark* is a cool selling point and falls short somehow. I like the Dark Grimoires and Bohemian Gothics, but the Walker is in a different league.

I'm curious to see whether the Wonderland has a glorious renaissance. Short of being currently OOP - something which will of course soon be remedied - I'm not sure how desirable it really is as a reading deck.

In terms of publishing, I thought the Aquarian came out quickly -much quicker than I expected - so I'm hoping they're all out by March 2017.
I have no interest in the Wonderland Tarot. Was it popular when it was originally released? I sent a message to USG to find out more about the Winter 2017 time frame. Ill post here when I hear back.
Top   #32
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

I'm not sure the Wonderland was ever that popular. But I'm not an authority on this. It's not an OOP deck I heard people pining for to be honest.

I suspect it may have been released in the trail of the baba Alice deck. Can't afford baba decks? Come to US Games...
Top   #33
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 
~ Collector of words ~

I only heard of the Wonderland when it was already OOP and I saw it mentioned on AT from time to time, by people who were sorry the deck had gone OOP.
For me, it is not a deck I would pay a huge price for but for a regular price, it is quirky enough to draw my interest.
Top   #34
Citizen

earthair 
Citizen

I will probably have to get all of them. The Barbara Walker is particularly welcome revival as I was scared to use my copy in case I damaged it more. I hope they slim down the white borders though otherwise the images will be the size of postage stamps!
Top   #35
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
I will probably have to get all of them. The Barbara Walker is particularly welcome revival as I was scared to use my copy in case I damaged it more. I hope they slim down the white borders though otherwise the images will be the size of postage stamps!
imagine if it was borderless! One can dream.
Top   #36
Citizen

velvetina 
Citizen

My Barbara Walker (thank you Le Fanu!) and my Wonderland are both somewhat smaller than the 'average' tarot, and although I like - and use -all 3 decks mentioned here, I wonder why they don't make them all borderless?

Maybe I'm just being prompted by my elderly eyesight, but it does niggle a little, that these opportunities for creating something else, rather than just shrinking the image, doesn't seem to happen. How amazing (in my opinion) the Aquarian could have been!
Top   #37
Resident

flyingfoxtarot 
Resident

Even though the cards will be smaller then I normally like, I'm probably going to pick up the Wonderland in a Tin. I love all things Victorian and weird, and I think the smaller size will be nice for photographing. Sometimes I struggle to get nice photos of my spreads because the cards are too dang big!
Top   #38
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

These tin decks should be available January 2017 per US Games.
Top   #39
Citizen

banbha 
Citizen

On Amazon US their listing says Dec. 20th. They're sending notifications by email when they're available.

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Moon-Taro...ords=tarot+tin

https://www.amazon.com/Wonderland-Ta...ords=tarot+tin

No listing for Barbara Walker yet.
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.