Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tea Leaf oracle Study Thread

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Study Groups


 
Enlightenment23  Enlightenment23 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2015
Location: Your wildest dreams
Posts: 5,448
Enlightenment23 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBeing View Post
I am guessing it's the phrase some endeavors which could have made the answer maybe. Best guess.

Alternatively this deck may not be good with yes/no question.

I practice it on past stuff or stuff I knew coming up and it made sense. I practice some questions on a friend I know...and she liked it so much she told me she ordered it lol.

One question that was asked to me one of the cards didn't make sense. But, when I sat on it and with some knowledge of the situation I was able to deduce what the one card may mean.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right on both counts.

Yeah, so true! Some of the cards make no sense right off the bat, but after a little more reflection, it's like, "Oh, okay. I gotcha!" Sometimes the imagery can offer insight and a more resonant answer than the actual by-the-book meaning.

ETA: I also find it works really well as a supplement to tarot. Really well.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
CosmicBeing's Avatar
CosmicBeing  CosmicBeing is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2015
Location: Where trees sing a melody
Posts: 6,215
CosmicBeing 
Citizen

CosmicBeing's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightenment23 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you're right on both counts.

Yeah, so true! Some of the cards make no sense right off the bat, but after a little more reflection, it's like, "Oh, okay. I gotcha!" Sometimes the imagery can offer insight and a more resonant answer than the actual by-the-book meaning.

ETA: I also find it works really well as a supplement to tarot. Really well.
They are for sure my favorite because it's one meaning for a card. The other deck I use to use a lot was Chakra zodiac by Cinnamon crow I believer her name is. Anyway..very accurate and upfront. But there were four meanings on each card so you could always choose the wrong meaning and then when you look back you are like oh it's that meaning.

It prevents me from BSing myself lol.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
CosmicBeing's Avatar
CosmicBeing  CosmicBeing is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2015
Location: Where trees sing a melody
Posts: 6,215
CosmicBeing 
Citizen

CosmicBeing's Avatar

I pulled a bunch of random cards to see what the theme is:
(Maybe it will tell me something plus practice)
Hills - Obstacles to overcome
Boot- Increase your efforts if you want to achieve your goals.
Bull- Do not back down from opposition. Show strength & fortitude.
Sunrise- New creative idea. New ventures. A fresh start.
Yoke- Feeling tied down, or frustrated.
Tower- Solid foundation. Success with effort.
Egg- Success assured with good plans & hard work
Barrel- You feel something is lacking in your life; perhaps money, goals, or love.

**be back to examine the relationships between these cards**
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Padma's Avatar
Padma  Padma is offline
Star clad
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,976
Padma 
Star clad

Padma's Avatar

Hi Cosmic and Enlightenment! I don't have these cards anymore, but I had wondered if maybe this old study group thread would help you both in your understanding of the Tea Leaf oracle (if you haven't already seen it...)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=193242

We had also done a few months of weekly reading exchanges, which may also help in some way. I think that was back in 2012 or something like that. I'll go root around and see if I can find one of the exchanges for you both.

ETA I found the weekly one but I think you are doing dailies, so maybe the daily draw link will be of some assistance...?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread...03#post3471903
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
CosmicBeing's Avatar
CosmicBeing  CosmicBeing is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2015
Location: Where trees sing a melody
Posts: 6,215
CosmicBeing 
Citizen

CosmicBeing's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Hi Cosmic and Enlightenment! I don't have these cards anymore, but I had wondered if maybe this old study group thread would help you both in your understanding of the Tea Leaf oracle (if you haven't already seen it...)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=193242

We had also done a few months of weekly reading exchanges, which may also help in some way. I think that was back in 2012 or something like that. I'll go root around and see if I can find one of the exchanges for you both.

ETA I found the weekly one but I think you are doing dailies, so maybe the daily draw link will be of some assistance...?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread...03#post3471903
Oh thank you!

I'm going through the first link right now.

We are pretty much doing whatever lol. I did a 7 day outlook...and then today I just pulled a bunch of random cards (no question) so I can better identify the theme or the string connecting them all. Plus I get to learn new card meanings.

I'm adjusting to the cards. Also slowly figuring out how to shuffle and choose cards... shaking them up doesn't work. I usually shuffle section by section and then shuffle. I might try mixing them up on a table or the floor and pick the cards I am drawn to.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Padma's Avatar
Padma  Padma is offline
Star clad
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,976
Padma 
Star clad

Padma's Avatar

I'm glad I could help

One of the reasons I gave those cards away is that I found them impossible to handle. I think one of the people in the study threads had put them in a large opaque drawstring bag, (not the little mesh bag they came with) so they could rummage around and draw them randomly that way.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
CosmicBeing's Avatar
CosmicBeing  CosmicBeing is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2015
Location: Where trees sing a melody
Posts: 6,215
CosmicBeing 
Citizen

CosmicBeing's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
I'm glad I could help

One of the reasons I gave those cards away is that I found them impossible to handle. I think one of the people in the study threads had put them in a large opaque drawstring bag, (not the little mesh bag they came with) so they could rummage around and draw them randomly that way.
Yea, huge deck and hard to handle. I been wanting them for years... so hopefully I don't give up. They also give upfront answers...easier for me to tell what they are trying to say.

I had that card handling issue with lenormand at the beginning because they were smaller than I am use to.

Also had issues with decks with cards that are too stiff.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Enlightenment23  Enlightenment23 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2015
Location: Your wildest dreams
Posts: 5,448
Enlightenment23 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBeing View Post
They are for sure my favorite because it's one meaning for a card. The other deck I use to use a lot was Chakra zodiac by Cinnamon crow I believer her name is. Anyway..very accurate and upfront. But there were four meanings on each card so you could always choose the wrong meaning and then when you look back you are like oh it's that meaning.

It prevents me from BSing myself lol.
Aah, I see. This one's my first oracle because - well - it's the only one that ever truly grabbed my attention. AT member Grizabella introduced it to me when I was looking for ways to enhance my tarot reading experience. But it was going of print at the time and marketplace sellers priced it at almost $300!

So you can imagine how happy I was when i heard it was reprinting.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Enlightenment23  Enlightenment23 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2015
Location: Your wildest dreams
Posts: 5,448
Enlightenment23 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBeing View Post
I pulled a bunch of random cards to see what the theme is:
(Maybe it will tell me something plus practice)
Hills - Obstacles to overcome
Boot- Increase your efforts if you want to achieve your goals.
Bull- Do not back down from opposition. Show strength & fortitude.
Sunrise- New creative idea. New ventures. A fresh start.
Yoke- Feeling tied down, or frustrated.
Tower- Solid foundation. Success with effort.
Egg- Success assured with good plans & hard work
Barrel- You feel something is lacking in your life; perhaps money, goals, or love.

**be back to examine the relationships between these cards**
Is there a specific theme here or just a random pull?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Enlightenment23  Enlightenment23 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2015
Location: Your wildest dreams
Posts: 5,448
Enlightenment23 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma View Post
Hi Cosmic and Enlightenment! I don't have these cards anymore, but I had wondered if maybe this old study group thread would help you both in your understanding of the Tea Leaf oracle (if you haven't already seen it...)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=193242

We had also done a few months of weekly reading exchanges, which may also help in some way. I think that was back in 2012 or something like that. I'll go root around and see if I can find one of the exchanges for you both.

ETA I found the weekly one but I think you are doing dailies, so maybe the daily draw link will be of some assistance...?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread...03#post3471903
OMG awesome! You're such a help. Thank you!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.