The Death card stalking me in 2017

kika_meow

In November I made a "birthday reading" for my coming year and I got the Death in it. Recently I did a couple different spreads about how's my 2017 going to go, and I pulled that card again twice. Finally, I did a spread for my husband's new year and he also got the Death! I remember he got it in his last year's birthday spread and now I see it had to do with the dead of his youth self, he got more mature and became more like an adult, we also moved to another city and started everything again, so in this context the Death was "renewal".

This time, each reading gave me different messages about Dead representing the end of some attachments and the beginning of renewal for myself, but I wanted to ask if you've got this card repeatedly and what did it meant.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

kika_meow,

You may discuss repeating cards in UTC, but not multiple cards from multiple readings. Please edit your post to remove mention of the other cards.

Other posters, please limit comments to the repeating card.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

BeyondtheVeil

kika_meow

In November I made a "birthday reading" for my coming year and I got the Death in it. Recently I did a couple different spreads about how's my 2017 going to go, and I pulled that card again twice. Finally, I did a spread for my husband's new year and he also got the Death! I remember he got it in his last year's birthday spread and now I see it had to do with the dead of his youth self, he got more mature and became more like an adult, we also moved to another city and started everything again, so in this context the Death was "renewal".

This time, each reading gave me different messages about Dead representing the end of some attachments and the beginning of renewal for myself, but I wanted to ask if you've got this card repeatedly and what did it meant.

The Death card has been my card for awhile as well. In my case, it represented "death of some old ways" like in my beliefs/feelings/direction I was going in. I do also feel like I'm becoming a brand new person free from a lot of restrictions that I imposed on myself. I feel like the Death card is about endings, but also with that rebirth and a new beginning. Reincarnation of death and rebirth.
Something 'dies" {changes} so that something else can come. Since this is a Major Arcana card...it has definitely been some MAJOR changes in significant parts of my life. Changing deep held beliefs/etc is very major. lol

Hope that helps some! I think you and your husband will be having some major transformation going on this year.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil