Relationship reading

think

My friend MS had a boyfriend MK of around 7 years. They seemed okay, to us on the outside and to her, but the last few months they started having some problems until a few months ago he left. He insisted they stay friends, and then in October he got a new girlfriend C and my friend blocked him and cut contact. So they haven't spoken since.

I have a part of this in using tarot cards: here

So the reading:

1 - current situation: ace of swords rx
2 - issues currently: sun

3 - history of the relationship: page of cups rx

4 - her thoughts: 6 of wands rx
5 - her feelings: 5 of pent
6 - her outward actions toward the relationship: knight of pent rx

7 - his thoughts: 10 of pentacles
8 - his feelings: 7 of pentacles rx
9 - his outward actions toward the rel: king of cups

10 - her wishes: 5 of cups rx

11 - his wishes: 4 of cups rx

12 - her expectations: 7 of wands

13 - his expectations: lovers

14 - her best action to take: knight of swords

15 - his best action to take: king of pent rx

16 - outcome: 8 of wands

My interpretation:

the lack of communication, lack of new start and relationship
hmm, possibly too much positivity

they met at school, or both were immature in the relationship

she thinks she has no control over the situation, like she's not the victor
she feels pushed out and replaced, rejected
she cut contact with him

he thinks it's over for him, but that he could just go back whenever he wanted maybe?
he feels like it's all too much like hard work
he's warm, I dunno, maybe he's in control of his emotions

she wishes to stop feeling hurt and missing him

he wishes to just forget her, maybe his conscience

she expects that if she contacted him he'd reject her

he expects to make a real choice, or he's still deciding, or he made a choice and now needs to stick with it.

14 - her best action to take: knight of swords - be brave

15 - his best action to take: king of pent rx - hmm, maybe to stop waiting for things to happen and go and get them himself?

well i think this is some kind of contact, even if it's a big "let's thrash it out and get closure" discussion and then nothing more.

bluelagune

The knight of swords is stick to her guns and turn him down for what ever sob story he will give her by contacting her (8 of wands).

I don't understand why you interested in his feelings. If a guy walks out, let him go on his marry way and don't even think to lowering herself to his level. I did not look over most cards but Lovers tells me he thinks he has a pick of the litter. The King of cups is a sleezy pc of crp, who can only be used in some political schemes because they are superb at the BS like: "let's remain friends" ... sorry this just feels yahhh

think

The knight of swords is stick to her guns and turn him down for what ever sob story he will give her by contacting her (8 of wands).

I don't understand why you interested in his feelings. If a guy walks out, let him go on his marry way and don't even think to lowering herself to his level. I did not look over most cards but Lovers tells me he thinks he has a pick of the litter. The King of cups is a sleezy pc of crp, who can only be used in some political schemes because they are superb at the BS like: "let's remain friends" ... sorry this just feels yahhh

Yeah! She needs to stay strong, she can, I hope she does. She does deserve way better. I mean I'm her friend, of course I think that. But anyone does.

He didn't strike me as thinking he is god's gift to the planet type, but I don't know him that well. Certainly yeah, from what she has said, he seems to think he could just waltz right in and pick her back up... urgh.

Thanks so much for your interpretation bluelagune!

Diessa

It seems to me as if there is one last issue between them they'll be discussing, at a minimum, and I wonder if there is strong foundation between them outside of the past romantic relationship he sees value in continuing. You mentioned he wanted to remain friends, but is there a financial tie between them? Is there a base of mutual friends or mutual business associates he doesn't want to alienate? He sees something quite valuable surrounding her, but it's not pure friendship.

The current state between them suggests deception, or that something was hidden. Perhaps she didn't know he was going to start dating, and thought they were taking a break. Right now, she feels rejected, and she's blocked communication, which you mentioned. He, on the other hand, seems somewhat bewildered at the rejection of his new girlfriend.

There's also a sense she feels a bit used. The best advice is to cut the ties with him, and do it quickly.

think

It seems to me as if there is one last issue between them they'll be discussing, at a minimum, and I wonder if there is strong foundation between them outside of the past romantic relationship he sees value in continuing. You mentioned he wanted to remain friends, but is there a financial tie between them? Is there a base of mutual friends or mutual business associates he doesn't want to alienate? He sees something quite valuable surrounding her, but it's not pure friendship.

The current state between them suggests deception, or that something was hidden. Perhaps she didn't know he was going to start dating, and thought they were taking a break. Right now, she feels rejected, and she's blocked communication, which you mentioned. He, on the other hand, seems somewhat bewildered at the rejection of his new girlfriend.

There's also a sense she feels a bit used. The best advice is to cut the ties with him, and do it quickly.
Wow, nice interpretation of the cards...

Yes, he got a girlfriend and confided in her, told her all about her, even told her what he didn't like about the new girlfriend. Completely oblivious that she - my friend - is heartbroken over their breakup.

Well she tells me that he was quite needy and clingy during their relationship. She wasn't as entangled, she has her own life, she has children from a previous relationship and owns her house (he lived with her in her house). Maybe his desire to continue relating is some kind of fall back plan? That's how she feels she is to him now.

Yep, she feels used.

Thanks very much Diessa!

Diessa

Maybe his desire to continue relating is some kind of fall back plan? That's how she feels she is to him now.

Thank you very much for the feedback, and thank you for allowing me to read for you.

What you've said above makes the pentacles cards fall into place as the financial tie. The financial tie is the possibility of being able to live with her, while remaining "friends", and him dating other people. It's definitely not in her best interests to do that. If she cuts her ties quickly and completely, other people and circumstances will come in to fill the void he left.

Amanda

Some quick thoughts:

the lack of communication, lack of new start and relationship
hmm, possibly too much positivity

they met at school, or both were immature in the relationship

Current situation: Ace of Swords RX -- She cut contact.
Current issues: Sun -- He's acting childish/immature.
History: Page of Cups RX -- Selfish/Didn't appreciate her and what he had with her/dumped her.

she thinks she has no control over the situation, like she's not the victor
she feels pushed out and replaced, rejected
she cut contact with him

Her thoughts: 6 of Wands RX -- He made a bad choice; he was better off with her.
Her feelings: 5 of Pentacles -- He should have stuck it out with her.
Outward actions: Knight of Pentacles RX -- Stuck/Can't let go/Can't move on.

he thinks it's over for him, but that he could just go back whenever he wanted maybe?
he feels like it's all too much like hard work
he's warm, I dunno, maybe he's in control of his emotions

His thoughts: 10 of Pentacles -- He's exclusive with someone/safe in another domain/better off.
His feelings: 7 of Pentacles RX -- Feels bad that it didn't work out with your friend/Feels bad he upset/disappointed your friend/Messed things up.
Outward actions: King of Cups -- Keeping his feelings in check.

she wishes to stop feeling hurt and missing him

he wishes to just forget her, maybe his conscience

Her wishes: 5 of Cups RX -- Emotional vindication/wants him to want to reconnect.
His wishes: 4 of Cups RX -- To enjoy the new relationship.

she expects that if she contacted him he'd reject her

he expects to make a real choice, or he's still deciding, or he made a choice and now needs to stick with it.

Her expectations: 7 of Wands -- To overcome the odds/Come out on top.
His expectations: Lovers -- Having options.

14 - her best action to take: knight of swords - be brave

15 - his best action to take: king of pent rx - hmm, maybe to stop waiting for things to happen and go and get them himself?

Her best action: Knight of Swords -- Tell him where he can shove that new relationship/Maintain broken contact.
His best action: King of Pentacles RX -- Hold himself accountable for his choices/mistakes.

well i think this is some kind of contact, even if it's a big "let's thrash it out and get closure" discussion and then nothing more.

He might message, but she needs to ignore it and keep moving forward; she's better off.

Just some thoughts, hope it's helpful/makes sense!

think

Thank you very much for the feedback, and thank you for allowing me to read for you.

What you've said above makes the pentacles cards fall into place as the financial tie. The financial tie is the possibility of being able to live with her, while remaining "friends", and him dating other people. It's definitely not in her best interests to do that. If she cuts her ties quickly and completely, other people and circumstances will come in to fill the void he left.

Thanks. Hmm, she doesn't seem to think it's any kind of financial tie. She said they were very close emotionally, had an almost pychic closeness, but his money was his and hers was hers, it was very distinct there. He's emotionally needy tho, perhaps he wants her as an emotional crutch but still be free to date others. I guess there's no romantic interest on his part then. Quite sad, but of course, she deserves way better.

Yeah, she can move on with her friends and family around her. Thanks again!

think

Some quick thoughts:

Current situation: Ace of Swords RX -- She cut contact.
Current issues: Sun -- He's acting childish/immature.
History: Page of Cups RX -- Selfish/Didn't appreciate her and what he had with her/dumped her.
Thanks Amanda.

Yep, I agree with this, hadn't thought of the immature actions. I guess his thinking is immature. He certainly seems selfish.

Her thoughts: 6 of Wands RX -- He made a bad choice; he was better off with her.
Her feelings: 5 of Pentacles -- He should have stuck it out with her.
Outward actions: Knight of Pentacles RX -- Stuck/Can't let go/Can't move on.
Yeah, she says she does feel like she was the right one for him, she understood him, took a lot, especially in the early days, and they had good times. He quit too soon she feels.

His thoughts: 10 of Pentacles -- He's exclusive with someone/safe in another domain/better off.
His feelings: 7 of Pentacles RX -- Feels bad that it didn't work out with your friend/Feels bad he upset/disappointed your friend/Messed things up.
Outward actions: King of Cups -- Keeping his feelings in check.
Maybe. I don't know him that well, but I like your interpretation of the cards, it's a good slant to read the 7 pent rx as feeling bad for letting her down.

Her wishes: 5 of Cups RX -- Emotional vindication/wants him to want to reconnect.
His wishes: 4 of Cups RX -- To enjoy the new relationship.
Sounds about right.

Her expectations: 7 of Wands -- To overcome the odds/Come out on top.
His expectations: Lovers -- Having options.
Yeah, at least she's expecting to be able to move on. He is remaining selfish then.

Her best action: Knight of Swords -- Tell him where he can shove that new relationship/Maintain broken contact.
His best action: King of Pentacles RX -- Hold himself accountable for his choices/mistakes.

Haha, I like your style. Yeah, agreed.

He might message, but she needs to ignore it and keep moving forward; she's better off.

Just some thoughts, hope it's helpful/makes sense!

Thanks so much for your interpretation, Amanda. This all makes sense. I hope she does refrain from responding if he makes contact.

chainsmoker

I completely agree with Amanda and others here. Just about 8 of Wands - yes, there will be a contact and someone is gonna hit the ground really hard. I hope it's the guy. :D