Medieval Scapini book sighting

jmd

Thanks for this, Cerulean.

For the sake of future reference (in case the link stops working), the book is Ronald Decker's Art and Arcana Commentary on the Medieval Scapini Tarot, USGames.

[edited to add:]

isbn: 1572814772

Cerulean

The very nice Liz Espinosa

answered when I called the 800 number listed on the U.S. Games site. She said by coincidence she had just requested this to be put in. I said I had seen a fan-board posting to the Gendron, so I thought I would check the website on U.S. Games Inc. to order that book and check on the Medieval Scapini book as well.

The Gendron wasn't listed, but the Ron Decker book was...so I called the 800 number on my lunch hour from home. She found the order number for the two books and put a note on it that it will ship when both books are available-the Gendron is available and will be listed shortly. The Medieval Scapini book should be in shortly, so my order will be filled when it does come in.

I may even get my first catalogue from U.S. Games, as she also put that in her request for shipping.

We'll see...it was just a nice order experience. I mentioned on a fan board, her name and her nice responses has been listed previously, so she laughed and said that was good to here.

Hope you all have a good experience with trying to get the book as well.

Regards,

Cerulean

TemperanceAngel

Thanks so much for the link....(if only I wasn't such a poor student...)

Cerulean

The book is greater than I thought

Decker gives more history, excellent discussion of Scapini and if you wanted to know in context different meanings from Etteilla and the Golden Dawn in comparison, his 280 page book is compact, great and has black and white illustrations of all the cards.

I had ordered the Gendron book as well, which is nice for a general tarot book--but because I'm historically delighted and distracted, the Scapini book blows my little poppet mind and I want to hop-hop-hop--ALL this for $12!

I'll describe it later. The value of my Medieval Scapini's shot up tenfold.

Best wishes.

Cerulean Mari the mindless poppet...

( while I go back to work and will be itchy-finger for this book..).

TemperanceAngel

Thanks for letting us know, now maybe I have decided I want it *shrugs shoulders* what can you do??

Cerulean

It's available on Amazon.com for $10.00

and if one searches abebooks.com and Barnes and Noble, the deck comes up separately for $13.00 or less. For some reason Amazon.com's filters are only showing me the new deck/book or the book alone.

Regards,

Cerulean

le pendu

I just got it from Amazon.

I'm actually not a fan of the Medieval Scapini deck, but I'm very pleased with the book. Lots of good historical stuff in here, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I wanted to learn as much as I could about Decker's viewpoints.

A good book for a with lots of bits of historic information.

robert

The 78th Fool

Haven't got the book yet, but looking forward to getting hold of a copy.

I love the deck and would never part with it as it was a present from a close friend. However I don't use it much. Reading the book will probably help to rectify this.

Chris. xx