Where is this potential relationship heading?

CCTheGreat

I met this guy while travelling and it looks like our paths are going to cross across again but it's very lose and not a lot is promised. We met under difficult circumstances and we've talking almost constantly for a year now. I wanted to know where this going, if it's worth it. If I'm reading into too much of the feelings we mutually admitted to. I have a tendency to over think and cut things off prematurely because I'm afraid of being vulnerable.

4 of wands: A happy time. This I figured is what we have. We get along intellectually and this card is reflection of our compatibility. We make each other feel good.
Ace of cups: I cannot think of this as anything other than feelings, overflowing maybe deepening when we meet? Or maybe the beginning of something.
Justice: A balanced outcome? Both intellectual and feeling. Maybe a relationship that's different to what I've experienced before with other people where there was an imbalance.

I think at the very least I can relax and stop doing my head in with worry. Any ideas?

Sentient

CC, The 4W is what you're looking for: a committed relationship you can count on. It stands for what you want, not what you have.

The AC stands for the potential for love and bonding. There are mutual feelings and regular conversations, but so far things are very loose and nothing is promised. Love is that promise. That's what's missing.

So it's decision time. Justice is about weighing pros and cons. You have something with this man, and he with you, but is it enough? Do you both want to take the next step?

In a court of law hard questions are asked in an effort to get to the truth. If you want a relationship with this man you'll have to ask hard, uncomfortable questions. Justice demands it. Otherwise you'll never know what he thinks, and you'll continue to be unhappy.

It's impossible to know what he'll say unless you ask him directly. But experience shows that a man who doesn't take things further with a woman he's known and talked to for a year probably has no intention to.

Eddie

I met this guy while travelling and it looks like our paths are going to cross across again but it's very lose and not a lot is promised. We met under difficult circumstances and we've talking almost constantly for a year now. I wanted to know where this going, if it's worth it. If I'm reading into too much of the feelings we mutually admitted to. I have a tendency to over think and cut things off prematurely because I'm afraid of being vulnerable.

4 of wands: A happy time. This I figured is what we have. We get along intellectually and this card is reflection of our compatibility. We make each other feel good.
Ace of cups: I cannot think of this as anything other than feelings, overflowing maybe deepening when we meet? Or maybe the beginning of something.
Justice: A balanced outcome? Both intellectual and feeling. Maybe a relationship that's different to what I've experienced before with other people where there was an imbalance.

The two pip cards certainly show a lot of promise but as the only major will have the most pull, I'd say there are some serious, life changing decisions to be made before this can materialise.
Someone here needs to way up the pros and cons. I sense his life is not that simple.
Eddie

CCTheGreat

The two pip cards certainly show a lot of promise but as the only major will have the most pull, I'd say there are some serious, life changing decisions to be made before this can materialise.
Someone here needs to way up the pros and cons. I sense his life is not that simple.
Eddie

Yeah, there are some huge decisions. For one, I'll be immigrating to another country. Not for him, I made the decision long before I met him. So the major life decision or event you're talking about would be me moving to a country on my own at the age of 24. I still have to decide what and where. Also whether I'm content with working for a while or just go straight into post graduate study. I should emphasis that this is at least 12 months off in the distance.

CCTheGreat

CC, The 4W is what you're looking for: a committed relationship you can count on. It stands for what you want, not what you have.

The AC stands for the potential for love and bonding. There are mutual feelings and regular conversations, but so far things are very loose and nothing is promised. Love is that promise. That's what's missing.

So it's decision time. Justice is about weighing pros and cons. You have something with this man, and he with you, but is it enough? Do you both want to take the next step?

In a court of law hard questions are asked in an effort to get to the truth. If you want a relationship with this man you'll have to ask hard, uncomfortable questions. Justice demands it. Otherwise you'll never know what he thinks, and you'll continue to be unhappy.

It's impossible to know what he'll say unless you ask him directly. But experience shows that a man who doesn't take things further with a woman he's known and talked to for a year probably has no intention to.

Thanks for your input. So we live on the other side of the world from each other and are both at university doing degrees that mean our semesters never link up. We've been talking for a year now becuase it's pretty much all we can do now.

At this point, I'm not even sure I want a relationship yet alone one with him. We met one night and becuase that was all we had we're interested in exploring what might happen if we had more time. For this to even be an option I'll need to wait 12 months, to graduate and finally move over to Europe. I went there on hoiday and had I finished studying I would have stayed.

This whole thing with him is a long shot and I wanted to know if it was worthwhile hoping or if I should just cut ties now. We started out light and fun but things are getting pretty heavy and it's terrifying me in case it doesn't work out. But I'm equally afraid of it working out!

MandMaud

I always feel we regret what we don't do more than the things we gave a try. ;)

Without position meanings, I tend to think past present future. Which makes the 4w that sense of rightness you felt when you met, and the Ace the lovey feelings now. Justice then is ahead.

Just to throw a spanner in the works - Justice can be a contract... eg marriage :bugeyed:
(or of course, divorce)

The quint is 16 which may indicate you've got a tad obsessed - with the idea of this guy, in the absence of real experience. The Ace feelings may be founded on that. It isn't happy as water between fire and air, if you read elements in that way...

Sorry if my ideas are contradictory, I'm throwing out possibilities, not conclusions. :)

CCTheGreat

I always feel we regret what we don't do more than the things we gave a try. ;)

Without position meanings, I tend to think past present future. Which makes the 4w that sense of rightness you felt when you met, and the Ace the lovey feelings now. Justice then is ahead.

Just to throw a spanner in the works - Justice can be a contract... eg marriage :bugeyed:
(or of course, divorce)

The quint is 16 which may indicate you've got a tad obsessed - with the idea of this guy, in the absence of real experience. The Ace feelings may be founded on that. It isn't happy as water between fire and air, if you read elements in that way...

Sorry if my ideas are contradictory, I'm throwing out possibilities, not conclusions. :)

Wow it's really interesting seeing the different perspectives on the same reading. I had someone do this for me and her take on it was completely different.

She read the four of wands being an indication of how we started off as friends and eventually led into flirting etc. That if I can keep my fear and anxiety in check it might be beneficial for me. The ace was an indication that our current relationship would take a turn for the better, deepening and justice would lead to having to strike a balance. That despite all the fuzzy and dizzy feelings I need to see if he can meet my requirements for a relationship etc. Which is kind of fair, he's great et al but I'm not sure I could have a relationship with someone so young and well, not reliable. He's very much a kid, idk it's the Gemini in him but then all the men (my father) in my family are like this. I don't know. I've decided to just cool this for now.

I got an overwhelming sense of this friend's reading being correct but alas fear led me to seek an alternative.

As for the obsessive, yes. I don't like not knowing. In fact I'd rather throw in the towel than feel like I could be taken for a ride around the block. Sure, he's done nothing to deserve such suspicion but heck I'll always be that way unless I don't care. As I mentioned my energy towards him has changed he's aware of it. (one of the draw backs of being in play together mentally).