Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Brady Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Resident

Denever 
Resident

I doubt she was offended. I said I found the Death card hard to read and she answered in a very friendly and non-defensive way.

I kind of assumed the minors wouldn't be pips, but it's nice to have confirmation. I'm glad you asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banbha View Post
I wrote to her and I found out that the suits are arrows (swords), feathers (wands), roots (pentacles), and drinking horns (cups). The minors will not be an afterthought, that is a huge pet peeve of hers. Each card will be a work of art.

I hope I didn't insult her by asking if the minors would be pips or not.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Citizen

banbha 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denever View Post
I doubt she was offended. I said I found the Death card hard to read and she answered in a very friendly and non-defensive way.

I kind of assumed the minors wouldn't be pips, but it's nice to have confirmation. I'm glad you asked.
She didn't sound offended of course, but very friendly when she messaged me back. I just felt bad when she said each card would be a work of art. I certainly wouldn't doubt that given what I've seen so far!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

Myrrha 
Citizen

That is absolutely stunning. I don't think I've ever seen naturalistic animal artwork with such vivid facial expressions. Look at the birds' faces in the Fool card, they are almost too intense. And the inward looking eyes of the owl on the Hermit card, amazing.
I will definitely get this deck, although sometimes blander artwork is actually easier for me to read with. Maybe I will use this one for something else.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

Essjay 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by banbha View Post
I wrote to her and I found out that the suits are arrows (swords), feathers (wands), roots (pentacles), and drinking horns (cups). The minors will not be an afterthought, that is a huge pet peeve of hers. Each card will be a work of art.

I hope I didn't insult her by asking if the minors would be pips or not.
I'm sure she wasn't insulted. I think as she's a tarot lover she understands that knowing about the minor arcana is important.

Thanks for asking - I'm definitely backing this one.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Citizen

Nosgo 
Citizen

Gorgeous deck for sure! Love her style. But damn my finances aren't gorgeous right now ahah... :'(
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Decks like this make me wish that I could read without human faces --which unfortunately I can't.

It is absolutely stunning, and very well conceived in Tarot terms. That Hermit owl stole my heart.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Oraculist

Shade 
Oraculist

Ooh that's a lovely one and I like the theme. The art reminds me (very favorably) of the Witches calendars by Llewellyn.

I do wonder if the name could be more evocative of the theme - but I am eternally questioning the names of decks and should probably just be ignored.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

banbha 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essjay View Post
I'm sure she wasn't insulted. I think as she's a tarot lover she understands that knowing about the minor arcana is important.

Thanks for asking - I'm definitely backing this one.
Oh, me too. I can't resist.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

That's just beautiful. I love woodcut and lino print. I have Light and Shadow and World Spirit, two decks in this wonderful, expressive, powerful medium. Both are among my favorite decks.

I always feel prints, especially wood and lino, are so powerful because the material resists. You really have to work hard to make your vision come to life. In that sense, it resembles sculpture - substractive sculpture, to be more precise, i.e., a technique were something is removed, not added.

Most two-dimensional art is made by adding something - color or paint to canvas or paper. But wood and lino print work differently, and I'm sure that's what makes this medium of substractive printing so powerful.

And this deck is just great. I have a weakness for animal decks... and these birds... I'm reminded of the augurs of ancient Rome... using bird obsvervation for divination is such an ancient art...

Whenever I'm sure that no new deck can set my heart racing, there we go!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

Nemia, what a beautiful expression of your thoughts on lino printing, I feel the same way.

Unfortunately this is true for me as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Decks like this make me wish that I could read without human faces --which unfortunately I can't.
I read through the page, that is quite a painstaking technique including the colouring afterwards. Impressive. And I also liked the Owl as hermit.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.