Death as personal skill, asset or strength?

Absynthe

Death is the change agent, on a base level. It's one of the most alchemical cards in the deck. It's associated with scorpio who's ruler is Pluto. Have a look in your birth chart where Pluto sits and what it's aspects are to other planets. It's likely these are your great talents, perhaps even as yet undiscovered by you.

CosmicTarot

Death is the change agent, on a base level. It's one of the most alchemical cards in the deck. It's associated with scorpio who's ruler is Pluto. Have a look in your birth chart where Pluto sits and what it's aspects are to other planets. It's likely these are your great talents, perhaps even as yet undiscovered by you.

Great advice, Absynthe!

CosmicTarot

This was very interesting to read and can relate to some of her personality traits :|. Although i do understand connection Death - Pluto - Persephone, i am not sure that I understand why she is the goddess associated with Scorpio and Pluto (apart from the 'growth' aspect) but i am very intrigued :). I can't wait to do some more reading on the topic - it is, as i said, very interesting!

Somehow, what i can relate to appears to be too 'soft' to associate it with Scorpio or Death, so i need to understand it better. Very sympathetic, for instance, wouldn't be something that i would ever think of when seeing Death card :)

I don’t know if you use reversals and you didn’t mention anything about it being in reverse, but it was just a little something that dawned on me: The reversed Pluto (Death) archetype would in a way be Persephone. I couldn’t recite the myth from memory, so my judgment might be a little hazy. But they’re like Twin Flames (if you’re familiar with the term), the same, yet each other's opposites. What Pluto lacks, Persephone possess and vice versa. Still, they're like two sides of the same coin ... I’m rambling. Nonetheless, I just got the idea that it could urge you to call upon these Persephonian traits within you. Or simply your Plutonian traits as, Absynthe, suggested. Do you have a strong Pluto in your Natal Chart?

ihcoyc

Death as a skill is kind of like the Vulcan neck pinch, only better. })

Butterfly1

So, this was an interesting exercise :). I found some skiils/strength that could be in line with death, like ‘exceptionally perceptive intuitively’ - That would be also reinforce what JMI Tarot said:

to see what is really there.

Could it be that?

Otherwise, it was all horrible what I read (Pluto in 12th house/Libra) and now I need to make sure I forget it as soon as possible :( - I don’t remember when was the last time I read something so dark… and horrible…

Butterfly1

Death as a skill is kind of like the Vulcan neck pinch, only better. })

hehehe it crossed my mind that is telling me to do something like to whoever stands in my way :) :) :)

But I am not sure that this is what cards whant me to do :)

Butterfly1

Do you have a strong Pluto in your Natal Chart?

12th house / Libra.

I don't know whether that is strong or not, and this was the first time I googled what that means and is all just horrible or in some istances shocking

nisaba

My first thought was agriculture (The Reaper). So, a skill or asset may be the ability to harvest whatever benefit you can off a (seasonal) ending.

QueenOfTemperance

All great interpretations here. I just wanted to add that I personally don't see Persephone's characterization as relating to this card in any way. Her story, on the other hand, is a literary motif illustrating the transformative energy of Death. For example:

- Her forcible and unexpected transformation from girl to woman (Remember, the original tale was called the "rape/kidnapping" of Persephone. This was not a cute love-story but a myth that was designed to illustrate complex concepts through its characters which were not meant to be fleshed-out, relatable people).
- Her return to her mother signified new life on Earth as her mother controlled agriculture and weather; this process was cyclical and completely unavoidable (as Persephone unknowingly ate the food of the dead).

Persephone exists as a representation of rebirth both figuratively (the child dies and the woman is erected in her place) and literally as she floats between life (earth, spring, harvest, bounty) and death (Pluto and the underworld). She is not the focus, but an explanation of the cycle of Death and transformation. All is not lost or gone, but rather changed.

So, as a personal skill, asset or strength, I'd like to note that this is also a Major Arcana card and could indicate that these energies, while you may not see them in yourself, may actually just be a part of the energy you bring to the situation. For example, you may not feel that you are able to let things go easily, but it could be that you trigger that reaction for others in some way. Something about knowing you or working with you can cause others to experience deep, meaningful transformations in themselves and in their lives. Again, you may not consciously be doing it, but it is a part of the energy you carry if that makes sense.

Also, I have Pluto in the 12th in Scorpio ;) I'm not sure what you read about this placement, but it's far from scary. A 12th house Pluto just indicates and individual with deep and powerful personal strength and perception that is often overlooked or unrealized by the individual but once tapped into, it can be used to heal and empower others who have seen or experienced great sorrow in life. It also indicates a deeply intuitive person who will likely go through a lot of personal change throughout their life. Not all bad change either. Depending on how it is aspected in your chart, I would venture to say that this placement is indeed related to Death as your personal skill. Death is also energy of great mercy and empathy, which is found in 12th House Pluto natives.

Butterfly1

My first thought was agriculture (The Reaper). So, a skill or asset may be the ability to harvest whatever benefit you can off a (seasonal) ending.

That is another good interpretation that I didn't see before! I learned a lot about this card thanks to this discussion! Amazing way to learn