Do you ever feels like "that is not the cards for me"?

mhtnat

Hey everyone, I don't know weather it is right or wrong,but have you guys ever feels like "those are not the RIGHT cards for me" after drawing the cards and put them into a spread BUT BEFORE turning it over?

What i mean is, when i put the card that i drew into position before i turned them over, I have a sense that something's wrong and those card that i picked are not the cards for me(?)

What should i do with that result? Is that still accurate as my own feeling doesn't affect the result form the cards, or i should trust my intuition that those cards aren't the are that i should have drew, so as the result i got was wrong?

Have anyone of you experienced this?

Barleywine

Not at that point since I always lay the cards face-up. But sometimes after laying out the spread I immediately see that they're not going to tell me anything useful so I stop the reading. This happens rarely, and only for self-readings when the subject isn't "ripe" for interpretation or the focus is off.

Onaorkal

It sometimes (not often) happens to me. I lay down the cards and I feel like I didn't pick up the 'right' cards. Since a lay them face down, I don't feel bad re-shuffling and picking different cards.

Krystophe

I experience this occasionally. Like Barleywine, though, I always lay my cards face up, and I can't really imagine sensing anything "off" about them before even knowing which cards I had drawn.

I think it's important, in fact, to recognize when a spread of cards is somehow "out of synch." Sometimes it seems to me that we too often feel that we must plow our way through to an interpretation even when it means doing great violence (metaphorical, of course) to our cards to make them fit into the Procrustrian bed of our desired reading.

A good reader, in my opinion, is not someone who is never at a loss for interpretation; it's someone who knows when not to attempt it at all, and await internal or external developments before trying again.

Tanga

Yup.

Stick 'em back in and start again.
Or more often - try again another day.
Lol.

Original Destiny

must admit I never put cards facedown for a personal reading and very rarely nowadays do more than draw one card. just as an experiment I have drawn one card as I sit here typing with the thought" Tell me something I need to know" initially my response was its not telling me anything but on reflection it was reminding me of something I take for granted so in a way I have learned from that draw. As for feeling that something was not right when looking at several cards face down which to date has not occurred I would question my motives, my need for a reading and I should imagine I would put the cards back in the deck and try again later

IndigoWaves

What should i do with that result? Is that still accurate as my own feeling doesn't affect the result form the cards, or i should trust my intuition that those cards aren't the are that i should have drew, so as the result i got was wrong?
It depends... Did these cards turn out to be very much not what you'd wanted and/or expected to see? Cards that challenged a preconception or strong desire of yours regarding the reading's topic? If so, then the feeling of "wrongness" might actually have been an inner recognition that those cards would confront you with "uncomfortable truths" -- insight/answers that you're not ready to accept, and fight against on some deep level. (Just something to consider.)

mhtnat

It depends... Did these cards turn out to be very much not what you'd wanted and/or expected to see? Cards that challenged a preconception or strong desire of yours regarding the reading's topic? If so, then the feeling of "wrongness" might actually have been an inner recognition that those cards would confront you with "uncomfortable truths" -- insight/answers that you're not yet ready for and are fighting against on some deep level. (Just something to consider.)

but i lay the card facing down that i am not able to see or know that are they trying o tell me, although the outcome is really the opposite of my desired, i don't know that when i get that feeling

IndigoWaves

but i lay the card facing down that i am not able to see or know that are they trying o tell me, although the outcome is really the opposite of my desired, i don't know that when i get that feeling
Your "gut" -- or intuition -- can still know it... It doesn't always need your eyes to "see", not as you might expect or in the same way.

Noting over time which readings prove to be accurate and which don't will help you to sort out wishful-thinking/misleading cards from the ones that are really "honest" and useful. Doing this will help you learn to recognize which "feelings" or impressions mean what during your readings, too.