Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Game of Thrones Tarot?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Speaking of which, I just noticed (belatedly) that this is Chronicle Books. Have they ever published a Tarot or some other divination deck?

I'm very familiar with them for work-related reasons, and have never seen anything of the sort. So maybe the Tarot deck is to be published by someone else?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
moonbear  moonbear is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Sep 2011
Location: Tarn, France
Posts: 1,023
moonbear 
Citizen

Big Game of Thrones fan here

Haven't read the books yet, probably will when the series ends but I can see how the whole world would adapt very well to a tarot deck. It has everything. Tragedy, betrayal, heroism etc. Plenty of villains and heroes to choose from.

Set me thinking about who would play the various roles.


moonbearxxx
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
LauraKai's Avatar
LauraKai  LauraKai is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2016
Location: England, UK
Posts: 119
LauraKai 
Citizen

LauraKai's Avatar

It would be great to see a well thought out Game of Thrones deck. There are so many scenes and characters that would fit it well. I like the recent HBO colouring book for style, but I wouldn't mind a photographic deck either.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
reall's Avatar
reall  reall is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Dec 2013
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,340
reall 
Citizen

reall's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
Of all the examples posted, I like the art style of Mark Evans the best. It's nice to see people working on doing a deck based on the series.

The thing I noticed about the HBO series was that it seemed to put most of the emphasis on the violence, intrigue, and sex. Being HBO, that's to be expected, but I did like seeing actual people in the story. It helped to give me some actual people to associate with the books' characters. I've watched the whole HBO series, but I'm only on the third book. I actually like the books better.

I hope they actually publish at least one deck on the series.
Mark Evans already did great job with TCG deck so imo they could assemble fine tarot deck with art he already did!XD LOLZ )

HBO=loooots of bloood and gore = sublimation?XD all mixed with bit of dark humor to help you get over that?)

actually I only managed to read book 1, child abuse didn't help it (think tv version fixed that by *aging main characters?x,x) and medieval setting is not my fav, but when i find out what happen in later books,,,, animal abuse is when I draw my line,,,!x,x facepalm ) and I already read some authors that this may be inspired with like Dan Simmons and older fantasy kingdom stories so this was nothing that new for me?x,x still big propaganda and popular in my part of the world!) and fanart decks are my fav!^^ lolz )

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelighth View Post
Thanks for these links. I like the first one, but the one by Connie Giang is just amazing! I hope I can see more of those cards, or even see it printed.

I wonder if maybe they will use some of the art or the same artist that made that introduction series some years ago for the new season. Dunno what it was called anymore, but it showed a death each day of another episode. As a kind of countdown. Those were some amazing art pieces too.
np!^^ I agree it looks fantastic!^^ and looks like they are printed?
will check it out!^^(watched only few episodes totaly didn't noticed that!x,x facepalm ))

@FLizarraga you can get idea if you type tarot in their search tool!^^)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reall View Post
@FLizarraga you can get idea if you type tarot in their search tool!^^)
You know, I didn't think of that.

I followed your advice, and found that they have indeed published at least a couple of Tarot decks, neither of which I'm familiar with: http://www.chroniclebooks.com/catalo...esult/?q=tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbear View Post
Big Game of Thrones fan here

Haven't read the books yet, probably will when the series ends but I can see how the whole world would adapt very well to a tarot deck. It has everything. Tragedy, betrayal, heroism etc. Plenty of villains and heroes to choose from.

Set me thinking about who would play the various roles.
Hmm. Two of my favorite characters immediately came to my mind. I can see Daenerys as the Empress, or at least Queen of Wands. But --what about Cersei? Queen of Swords? The Tower? What do you guys think?

It just occurred to me that Jon Snow's death could be on the 10 of Swords, and his birth on the Tower.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 
Citizen

With the 2 editions of the GoT playing cards out now, it's almost possible to combine them to make a tarot deck.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
moonbear  moonbear is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Sep 2011
Location: Tarn, France
Posts: 1,023
moonbear 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Hmm. Two of my favorite characters immediately came to my mind. I can see Daenerys as the Empress, or at least Queen of Wands. But --what about Cersei? Queen of Swords? The Tower? What do you guys think?

It just occurred to me that Jon Snow's death could be on the 10 of Swords, and his birth on the Tower.
Cersei as Queen of Swords was my choice too and ditto Jon Snow for the 10 of Swords, especially as he suffered multiple stab wounds when they all did the dirty deed!

But it's not as easy as you think it would be, matching these characters to cards. I would like to see the Weirwood tree as the Hierophant but when you try to find a Fool, Magician etc then it starts to get a bit trickier.

Would Daenerys make a good Tower card? She seems to bring things tumbling down and her dragons could be blasting out fire. But then she'd make a good Empress too.

Maybe characters could have more than one card?

moonbearxxx
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbear View Post
Cersei as Queen of Swords was my choice too and ditto Jon Snow for the 10 of Swords, especially as he suffered multiple stab wounds when they all did the dirty deed!

But it's not as easy as you think it would be, matching these characters to cards. I would like to see the Weirwood tree as the Hierophant but when you try to find a Fool, Magician etc then it starts to get a bit trickier.

Would Daenerys make a good Tower card? She seems to bring things tumbling down and her dragons could be blasting out fire. But then she'd make a good Empress too.

Maybe characters could have more than one card?
I like the Weirwood tree as the Hierophant! And yes, I suppose characters could appear in several cards. Like Jon Snow would also be my choice as the Emperor... as I suspect he will end up in GoT.

The Red Woman as the High Priestess? Littlefinger as the Devil? (Though for the Devil he has a lot of competition, and fierce.)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
lucid_dawn's Avatar
lucid_dawn  lucid_dawn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Apr 2015
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 125
lucid_dawn 
Citizen

lucid_dawn's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I like the Weirwood tree as the Hierophant! And yes, I suppose characters could appear in several cards. Like Jon Snow would also be my choice as the Emperor... as I suspect he will end up in GoT.

The Red Woman as the High Priestess? Littlefinger as the Devil? (Though for the Devil he has a lot of competition, and fierce.)
I would cast Eddard as the Emporer over Jon. Perhaps Melisandre as the Magician over the High Priestess since she is definitely a trickster. Bran would be my Fool as he "took the fall" and is on quite a journey.

The Tower could be a few things dragons of course, the battle at King's Landing, the fire and take over at Winterfell.

Grand Maester Aemon as the Heirophant. I kind of see little Finger as the Two of Pentacles since he always seems to juggle both sides. The Devil for me would have to be someone really vile.

Oh and Jaqen H'ghar the Man Has no Name as Death? Execution and Transformation. Hmm.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_dawn View Post
I would cast Eddard as the Emporer over Jon. Perhaps Melisandre as the Magician over the High Priestess since she is definitely a trickster. Bran would be my Fool as he "took the fall" and is on quite a journey.

The Tower could be a few things dragons of course, the battle at King's Landing, the fire and take over at Winterfell.

Grand Maester Aemon as the Heirophant. I kind of see little Finger as the Two of Pentacles since he always seems to juggle both sides. The Devil for me would have to be someone really vile.

Oh and Jaqen H'ghar the Man Has no Name as Death? Execution and Transformation. Hmm.
I like your picks except for Eddard Stark. He is more of a King of Swords to me. And Littlefinger IS really vile, you know. He plays all sides, and he has a brothel where he plays to every sexual taste or addiction. And he betrayed even the woman he loved.

I agree with all your Tower choices -- but I'd add Jon Snow's birth, which was literally in a tower, and marked by death and disaster.

Jane H'ghar as Death... Hmm, YES. And I like Melisandre as the Magician a LOT.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.