Long Reading

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, this time I used this Single & Looking For Love Spread you can find here: http://www.tarotgirlnextdoor.com/blog/single-looking-for-love-ive-got-the-tarot-spread-for-you. It's a 15-card spread, so I apologize in advance for such a long reading :D I hope anyway you could help me to figure out the cards :)

My deck is Tarot of Pagan Cats.

My dating history --> Who I was: 9 Wands - Who my partner was: The World - The relationship I was in: 7 Cups
I've often been hurt in the past and always carried this old baggage into the next relationship(s)/dating period(s). I always projected my fears and insecurities in the present, so always on my guard to avoid to make the same old mistakes/getting hurt again (9 Wands). My last man just "used" me, I mean it wasn't a serious relationship, but just a physical one, so after he got what he wanted (if you get what I mean), he went away. I think The World exactly refers to this. The 7 Cups says that actually I didn't know what I really wanted. I was just dreaming about how the relationship could be and not instead focusing on the present, so of course it couldn't work out.

What I think I want --> Who I wanna be: 10 Wands - Who I want him to be: 6 Wands - The relationship I say I'm looking for: 5 Swords
I don't get this 10 Wands, probably it means I wanna take all the responsability for the relationship or maybe to even get "over-consumed" by it? The 6 Wands says I want a very self-confident and charming man, but this card doesn't look good in my deck: a cat caught a rat and is praised for this. I feel like as I'm the prey here and actually it was always so. This could work in a sexual context, but healthy relationships are not like this. Indeed such a person would lead me to a 5 Swords situation: a very conflictual relationship with constant arguements.

What I really need → Me at my best: 10 Cups Rx – Best partner for me: The Chariot – Best relationship for me: Strength
I'm not sure about this group of cards.. Perhaps the 10 Cups Rx means I'm at my best when I have positive thoughts/feelings towards love. I feel pessimistic and depressed too often indeed, feeling like love can't work out for me. The Chariot seems similar to the previous 6 Wands: I like self-confident and charismatic men, but maybe a Chariot-type is like this in a healthier way. I'm also confused about the Strength card: perhaps it points to the need of a balanced relationship?

Reality Check --> How I'm perceived by others: King of Pents – The type of man I'm attracting: 6 Swords – The type of relationship I'm attracting: The Hierophant
The King of Pents seems to say I'm perceived as a serious and reliable person, so someone you can build a relationship with? The 6 Swords makes me think about someone who endured many difficulties in his life, but now he's moving on, so not someone crying over the milk spilled. The Hierophant seems to point to a relationship at one with my principles and beliefs, but I don't know.

Advice → Working for me: King of Swords – Working against me: 6 Pents – Advice: The Hanged Man
Could this King of Swords mean I'm wiser now than in the past in love department? The 6 Pents seems to say instead I'm still holding back in opening up (I see myself as the rich cat here indeed). Finally The Hanged Man seems to suggest to have patience, as at the moment things can't change, I don't have to force things at all, so in a way I have to surrender for the moment.

What do you think? Thanks so much.

elena_jaymz

I thought that the 10 Wands may mean that unconsciously I think I have to always suffer and endure, so it would make sense with the previous 9 Wands. That's why probably I got the 10 Cups Rx, urging me instead to be positive about the whole thing. For what concerns The Hanged Man I think it really emphasizes the need to have patience, so to not obsess myself in finding a man at all costs, but to take my time to reflect and change my perspective. I'm still confused about other cards though, like The Chariot, Strength and the King of Swords, that is I think there's more to them, but I don't get it.