Shakespeare Tarot

tarotesoterica

I am intrigued. This deck looks really interesting, but I am having trouble getting it to load on my computer. The concept also interests me. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I might make a move on it after a see better pictures and a review or two. Hopefully it won't be sold out by that time!

bogiesan

I wish the artist luck and success. They only need a few more patrons to make their goals.

The thing about decks based on great literature is that the words are exactly as important as the artwork; the selected passages must be intellectually appropriate to the card's place in the tarot and the design of the typography must be exquisite.

Without the deck's proprietary book, we can only hope Shakespeare's words are well-matched to the tarot's conceit. The artist's collage is fun but the typography is a misplaced affectation. See page xxxiv of the First Edition of the Norton Facsimile for a fascinating glimpse into the compositors whose fingers set the metal type for the First Folio.

https://books.google.com/books?id=U...=typesetting in the shakespeare folio&f=false

heron

Oooooh - tempted

I am really intrigued by the artwork and the horizontal format of this Shakespeare deck, and almost on the point of placing an order . . . BUT the price to get it to the UK is steep to say the least! Even without the Key, it's going to cost me sixty-five dollars - way more then I paid even for the magnificent Tyldwick Tarot.
Not absolutely certain what 65 dollars is in "real" money, but I can't imagine the exchange rate is much different from 1:1 these days.
Anyone in the UK have a copy? Or any bright ideas re saving some dosh on the deal? Is the Key essential, or even important?

AJ

an email update. Soon!

posted by chris leech
May 14, 2017 • 12:21PM PDT
hello and thank you kind donors!
i'm happy to say our target has been met before the campaign's end. The Shakespeare Tarot Key booklet [440 pages] is completed and the cards themselves are in the final stages of printing. I'm hoping for a shipping date of May 25th - far ahead of the July estimate. thank you everyone who supported this endeavour and i hope your interest and patience will be agreeably rewarded when you receive the cards & book.
ps - as a bonus, there are a few more apocrypha cards than promised.

gregory

Hm. As a backer, why did I not get this ???

AJ

I'd tell you but you'd have to buy 3 green candles first

gregory

Done. Now tell me :)

rachelcat

She never told you!

Dumb question here. If the shipping date is May 25 (today), can I still back/order on Indiegogo today? Or should I go to the website if I want to order?

[Confused by the simplest things . . .]

SillySicilian

Those are way to busy for me and my eyes.

AJ

just had a note from Chris, mine is in the mail!