Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

your favorite lenormand deck

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand

Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Ur- is a German word and means original, primal. Ur-Mensch are the first humans.

The images on the left are German card inserts. In German-speaking countries, playing cards are used with different suits from the well-known French spades etc: bells, acorns, leaves and hearts. The court cards are different, too, there is no Queen, and Deuces take the place of the Ace.

I love this deck very much and even used it to play with my niece the way intended in the late 18th century!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #31
Citizen

snowmoon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
Ur- is a German word and means original, primal. Ur-Mensch are the first humans.

The images on the left are German card inserts. In German-speaking countries, playing cards are used with different suits from the well-known French spades etc: bells, acorns, leaves and hearts. The court cards are different, too, there is no Queen, and Deuces take the place of the Ace.

I love this deck very much and even used it to play with my niece the way intended in the late 18th century!
sounds good! let me check my deck to see if this deck is right for me.

thank-you.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #32
Citizen

MissChiff 
Citizen

I have a mini Game of hope from Tag's site that I love!! In fact any of the ones from that site. And I also love Carrie Paris' and Roz Foster's Revolution.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #33
Citizen

IHeartRescues 
Citizen

I wonder why the Piatnik is not available on Book Depository ? I have always purchased my German (and Austrian) decks fm them, as the prices were always between 5 and 7 dollars US. hmmmm

I have quite a few Lenormand decks, and they are all favorites, but since Alone's Vision and Alyzen's Moonshadow have not been mentioned here, I will vote for these--one trad and one modern. Both of them very simple and uncluttered but beautifully colored and designed imo. And both now have the extra Man/Woman cards which I think is a great innovation that many other decks now also include, keeping the other cards in play (ie Snake, Rider).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #34
Citizen

reall 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartRescues View Post
I wonder why the Piatnik is not available on Book Depository ? I have always purchased my German (and Austrian) decks fm them, as the prices were always between 5 and 7 dollars US. hmmmm

I have quite a few Lenormand decks, and they are all favorites, but since Alone's Vision and Alyzen's Moonshadow have not been mentioned here, I will vote for these--one trad and one modern. Both of them very simple and uncluttered but beautifully colored and designed imo. And both now have the extra Man/Woman cards which I think is a great innovation that many other decks now also include, keeping the other cards in play (ie Snake, Rider).
huh, I believe I've ordered all my Lenormand decks from BD?x,x
and Piatnik is one of my fav!)
p.s are you talking about this deck, it's Piatnik lenormand just different publisher?)
https://www.bookdepository.com/Lenor...0770870&sr=1-1
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #35
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by reall View Post
p.s are you talking about this deck, it's Piatnik lenormand just different publisher?)
This is the one I have. It's a very straightforward deck, no frills. The only card that ever makes me look twice is the Clouds, since the eye immediately focuses on the ship in the foreground.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #36
Citizen

Penthasilia 
Citizen

Magick Lenormand by Beth Seilonen.

https://bethseilonen.wordpress.com/2...ole-new-world/

I love it for the colors and the simplicity- the picture takes the page and I really appreciate that in a Lenormand deck.

I quickly tired of the verses and large card inserts. I really could do without either in them- or even the names of the cards for that matter.

I would love the original Pixie for the same reasons- I lust over a friend's all the time. Sadly- cannot find it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #37
Resident

Zeitnixe 
Resident

Currently using The Unforgettable Lenormand, but actually all of Terri Smith's Lenormand decks are beautiful, and it was hard to choose one. Maybe I 'need' the Whisper next:

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/DivineW...hopheader-name

For a fun feel, I've also got Lynn Boyle's Vintage Photographic B&W and Rosie decks:

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1885...c-bw-lenormand
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #38
Citizen

snowmoon 
Citizen

thank-you all for the comments.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #39
Citizen

IHeartRescues 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by reall View Post
Oh yes that's the one! duhh I guess I made the mistake of typing Piatnik in the search bar. I have always called it by its publishers name. Nice to see that it's still avaiable and on sale too! lol
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.