Knight of Swords, Knight of Cups combo

Desert Girl

I have gotten the knight of swords clarified by the knight of cups several times now over the past month in questions regarding a (rather confusing) romantic situation. For instance, one question was what action I could expect from the other person in the near future. The knight of swords has often heralded quick communication from someone for me. Knight of cups seems like some sort of romantic gesture, but I've yet to have anything materialize from this knight. Together, I'd guess that there would be some sort of romantic gesture from the other party rather quickly, or maybe it would come by surprise. What else could this combo be pointing to in regards to romance? It's always the knight of swords clarified by the knight of cups, not the other way around.

bubblyNightmare

I see this as actions that might not be considered romantic having romantic intentions. The Knight of Swords might indicate that every time this person helps you using logic they do it out of love. This may be hard to see since they're brining so damn cold and practical but really I think they're happy to be of use

Grizabella

There are some people who don't use the words "I love you" as much as we might like or expect. They think love is expressed in loving actions, which really is true, even if it makes for a sort of unexciting situation in a romantic relationship sometimes. But in reality, that really is what shows love---actions, not so much words.

I'd determine these two cards to be saying, "What??!! I do (whatever), why should I say I love you all the time? I'm doing things that show it. Isn't that enough?"

:)

Desert Girl

I love these first two answers. I could definitely see this in this particular situation. Someone who perhaps changes the oil on your car or cooks you dinner but rarely says "I love you." Or someone who gives advice when you didn't ask for any, but it's all done out of genuine care. :)

Ruby Jewel

I have gotten the knight of swords clarified by the knight of cups several times now over the past month in questions regarding a (rather confusing) romantic situation. For instance, one question was what action I could expect from the other person in the near future. The knight of swords has often heralded quick communication from someone for me. Knight of cups seems like some sort of romantic gesture, but I've yet to have anything materialize from this knight. Together, I'd guess that there would be some sort of romantic gesture from the other party rather quickly, or maybe it would come by surprise. What else could this combo be pointing to in regards to romance? It's always the knight of swords clarified by the knight of cups, not the other way around.

I get the feeling here that the King of Swords is too shy to say how he feels.

Desert Girl

I get the feeling here that the King of Swords is too shy to say how he feels.

Oooh...interesting. I usually see Knight of Swords as pretty bold, but with that Knight of Cups I definitely see a potential for shyness there. Or maybe even charging ahead but not being able to quite find the words?

Ruby Jewel

Oooh...interesting. I usually see Knight of Swords as pretty bold, but with that Knight of Cups I definitely see a potential for shyness there. Or maybe even charging ahead but not being able to quite find the words?

All the Knights, being mutable, are insecure (laugh)....tis true....even the Knight of Wands, which is hard to believe. But the Knight of Cups is really shy.

euripides

I have gotten the knight of swords clarified by the knight of cups several times now over the past month in questions regarding a (rather confusing) romantic situation.

The Knight of Swords can also be a bit manipulative; this is head over heart, and maybe there's a bit of temptation - if this relationship is lopsided, they might be tempted to take advantage of your affections but don't really want to commit at the same level.

You need to open up lines of communication and get some clarity before you get your fingers burnt.

Desert Girl

The Knight of Swords can also be a bit manipulative; this is head over heart, and maybe there's a bit of temptation - if this relationship is lopsided, they might be tempted to take advantage of your affections but don't really want to commit at the same level.

You need to open up lines of communication and get some clarity before you get your fingers burnt.

That's interesting. I never thought of this knight as manipulative, but as more direct. Food for thought.