The Answer Deck - Storm

Alissa

A lightning bolt streaks from the upper left corner of a dark sky, touching the windswept waves.

Is this the ocean? Or merely a pond?

Some folks find storms exciting, some find them terrifying....

The abundance of wind (air) suggests a tumultuous mind set. Active, to say the least, coupled with water (emotions) being equally effected by these thoughts.

sunflowr

My friend Jody pulled this card when I 1st got this deck and opened them up. I fanned them out and she picked one.. Storm. She's like "oh, lightening! I love lightning bolts"! ;) So, for her, it was a great card! ;)

Chronata

I call this one of the neutral cards...because I just love storms as well!

I see this as an intense build up of energy...

sometimes that can be scary, damaging or out of control...

and sometimes it can be regenerating, uplifting, and focused!

Alissa

I also think of the Tower with this card. The lightning bolt, I guess.

The Tower can be a good or bad card, always powerful though.

lunakasha

Alissa said:
I also think of the Tower with this card. The lightning bolt, I guess.

The Tower can be a good or bad card, always powerful though.

Alissa~you took the words right out of my mouth, LOL!!!

I have always associated this card with the Tower....big, powerful change is coming, either positive or negative. Because I love thunderstorms, I don't necessarily fear this card but...it is kind of a "wake-up call" kind of card for me....

I also like Chronata's idea of the storm representing a huge build-up and release of energy....with an unpredictable outcome.

:) Luna

PS: this card comes up for me A LOT....but does not usually amount to anything HUGE or catastrophic...I think it is more a reminder for me, to be prepared somewhat for unpredictable events ahead....

TheLovers2

Just got the Answer Deck tonight . . . Better late

than never. :)

In this card, it seems to me that the lightening is "alive" and doing things to the sea. Causing quite a disturbance, but, I'm not associating the lightening with nature, but, more with a person. I'm not sure why it seems to be a person, perhaps a lover or possible lover - or not, but, it seems that someone is causing an upsurg of emotion, taking the emotions/feelings of another up, down, in and around, until they're not sure which way is up. A raging sea of emotions, they're so unsettled, but, it isn't all bad. This person/catalyst/lightening is able to evoke excitement, as well as feelings of disappointment. All I can say is there will be a calm after the storm. A peace, a grounding after the lightening exits and makes way for the sun and things get quiet and smooth and steady once again.

What a rollercoaster ride, though scary, it wasn't all bad. The one caught up in the sea of emotions may go looking for the lightening once again. :)

Note to myself: Ok. That's interesting. Especially since when I first looked at these cards, I thought they were so simple what could I possibly get from just one of them. Hmmm.

I haven't done a Reading yet.

TL2 :TLOVE