Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Book of Kaos

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

I don't want to be nosy, but was it much more expensive than the regular printing? I have it, and love it, and don't mind the size so much as the irregular black borders, and the bad cardstock. (It's as bad as the Efflorescent's or worse, and that's saying something.) If I could order the large one on better cardstock I'd be a happy camper.

Rodney, that box is GREAT.
Top   #11
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I don't want to be nosy, but was it much more expensive than the regular printing? I have it, and love it, and don't mind the size so much as the irregular black borders, and the bad cardstock. (It's as bad as the Efflorescent's or worse, and that's saying something.) If I could order the large one on better cardstock I'd be a happy camper.

Rodney, that box is GREAT.
It seems to be the same or similar cardstock as the 1st edition, which is like typical coverstock you would buy at kinkos. The difference is the cello sheen coating gives it a little more substance and protection. The dented edges were a surprise because I thought the cello sheen would prevent that, so it seems the cello sheen does not seal the whole card, but rather coats the front and back. The irregular borders are part of the design and are the same. It was a minimal extra charge for the smaller size and cello sheen finish. I think I put his email addy in the first post to contact him. PM me if you want, FLiz.

✌🏻

G6
Top   #12
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

I sent you a PM, G6.

I seem to have the same edition you do, the one from 2004. At least, that's what it seems. I got it here on AT.

Interestingly enough, I just saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMINATED-Bo...wAAOSwa39U0DIe

Which got me thinking: how do you laminate (or cello) a deck yourself? By the way, my deck looks like this one, because I, too, rounded those messed-up corners. I also edged it in black.
Top   #13
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I sent you a PM, G6.

I seem to have the same edition you do, the one from 2004. At least, that's what it seems. I got it here on AT.

Interestingly enough, I just saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMINATED-Bo...wAAOSwa39U0DIe

Which got me thinking: how do you laminate (or cello) a deck yourself? By the way, my deck looks like this one, because I, too, rounded those messed-up corners. I also edged it in black.
Yeah, I saw another 1st edition on eBay that someone laminated. I'm not sure. I'd like to know though because I still feel the edges will get messed up even with the cello sheen. If you find out post or PM me.

🙏🏻

G6
Top   #14
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
Yeah, I saw another 1st edition on eBay that someone laminated. I'm not sure. I'd like to know though because I still feel the edges will get messed up even with the cello sheen. If you find out post or PM me.

🙏🏻

G6
Will do!

I do find offensive the gall of all those people selling this deck for big bucks as OOP, though. And the laminated one is so glossy that you can see the image of the vendor taking the picture...
Top   #15
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Will do!

I do find offensive the gall of all those people selling this deck for big bucks as OOP, though. And the laminated one is so glossy that you can see the image of the vendor taking the picture...
That is a concern if additional lamination will interfere with viewing the images. I'm going to investigate around here about options and consider ever so slight cornering to take the edge off. I do think the sharp edges seem to go with the deck though.


$100 isn't horrible for OOP, but I agree. One deck I was looking for was priced at $400. The problem is when one person comes up with a wacky price and everyone else follows suit.

✌🏻

G6
Top   #16
G6's Avatar
G6  G6 is offline
Citizen X
 
Join Date: 23 May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,030
G6 
Citizen X

G6's Avatar

I did the ever so slight corner clip on the deck and it feels better/more finished. I'm happy.

CORNERED KAOS IN PROGRESS...
Attached Images
 
Top   #17
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
I did the ever so slight corner clip on the deck and it feels better/more finished. I'm happy.

CORNERED KAOS IN PROGRESS...
Perfect!

I don't like square corners at the best of times.
Top   #18


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.