Could 4 of pentacles indicate secret relationship?

IndigoWaves

The 4P as "the kind of relationship that someone wants" with a particular person comes across to me as no relationship, at least not a close or intimate (i.e. sexual) one. The 4P person could be having fantasies about/desires for someone if other cards suggest it, and may be acting on this while alone, if you catch my drift, but he/she isn't actually reaching out for more of a connection or otherwise letting that person gain access.

Any feeling here is very much self-contained and the focus is on maintaining the status quo: there's no letting go of what is already possessed in favour of anything new. I would not see the commencement of an affair in this card at all, and probably not one already in progress, either, considering the anti-4P risk-taking that this would naturally entail... So, if someone's hoping to have an affair with the 4P person, I'd say "don't count your chickens" (unlikely to hatch), and if someone's worried that an affair is going on or imminent, I'd advise him/her to relax.

drprakertik

The 4P as "the kind of relationship that someone wants" with a particular person comes across to me as no relationship, at least not a close or intimate (re: sexual) one. The 4P person could be having fantasies about/desires for someone, if other cards suggest it, but he/she isn't actually reaching out or otherwise letting that person gain access. Any feeling here is very much self-contained and the focus is on maintaining the status quo: there's no letting go of what is already possessed in favour of anything new. I would not see the commencement of an affair in this card at all, and probably not one already in progress, either, because of the anti-4P risk-taking that such would naturally entail... So if someone's hoping to have an affair with this 4P person, I'd say "don't count your chickens" (unlikely to hatch), or if someone's worried that an affair is going on, I'd suggest to relax.

It makes sense as the other cards suggested confusion. So definitely, desire in heart but no actual relationship.

But as the no. 4 talks about stability after the planning in no. 3 in general be it wands cups swords or pentacles, does no relationship contradict the nature of the card?

(Sorry for not being able to explain correctly, I hope you understand what I mean)

IndigoWaves

But as the no. 4 talks about stability after the planning in no. 3 in general be it wands cups swords or pentacles, does no relationship contradict the nature of the card?
No, I couldn't say that it does. This person/card values most what's already known and readily at hand... If a relationship exists now, he/she wants to hold on to it, not take chances that could result in its loss. Plan-like scenarios might rattle around in his/her head, enhancing "physical activities" while alone or with the current partner, but there'd be no real desire or effort made to experience the instabilities of an affair.

Enlightenment23

The 4 of Pentacles coupled with the High Priestess signifies someone who isn't willing to open up and share details. They are the complete opposite of "wearing one's heart on their sleeves" or being an "open book."

The 4 of Pentacles, I've seen, is someone who is self-protective, rigid, and just not ready to lay their cards out on the table. The High Priestess is observant, but quiet. She knows a lot, but not willing to divulge. So this is someone who is keeping something to themselves.

However, what, exactly, they're keeping to themselves is unknown. It could be a million possibilities! It could be a secret relationship, but it also could be a delicious slice of pizza they're not willing to share! I could do a reading to ask, "What is X keeping to themselves?"

Rachx

The 4 pents does not want to give or be "outside of the box" (the 4 are the corners of the box) so I see someone who is rigid and won't poke their head above the parapet as they are worried it could "cost them dear" (pentacles) so will stay in their comfort zone. This person wants a relationship that is riskless and they can control and possibly one that is self serving

drprakertik

The 4 of Pentacles coupled with the High Priestess signifies someone who isn't willing to open up and share details. They are the complete opposite of "wearing one's heart on their sleeves" or being an "open book."

The 4 of Pentacles, I've seen, is someone who is self-protective, rigid, and just not ready to lay their cards out on the table. The High Priestess is observant, but quiet. She knows a lot, but not willing to divulge. So this is someone who is keeping something to themselves.

However, what, exactly, they're keeping to themselves is unknown. It could be a million possibilities! It could be a secret relationship, but it also could be a delicious slice of pizza they're not willing to share! I could do a reading to ask, "What is X keeping to themselves?"

Sharing a pizza is difficult for some people.šŸ˜ƒ

drprakertik

The 4 pents does not want to give or be "outside of the box" (the 4 are the corners of the box) so I see someone who is rigid and won't poke their head above the parapet as they are worried it could "cost them dear" (pentacles) so will stay in their comfort zone. This person wants a relationship that is riskless and they can control and possibly one that is self serving

Cant it be more like they want to keep the pentacles to themselves and go to any limits to make sure of that.

I dont see selfish nature in 4 of pentacles dominating nature may be

Ruby Jewel

I was doing a reading for someone as the type of relationship someone wants one of the cards was 4 of pentacles.
Although 4 of pentacles talks about being possessive.
When i saw the card, I just thought could it indicate a secrete affair so I picked a clarification card and it was high priestess.
Now my suspicion is stronger as high priestess is all about secrets.

Even if 4 of pentacles alone cant indicate that what should be the surrounding cards?

What are your thoughts?

Since the question had nothing to do with cheating, why would the 4 of Pentacles indicate cheating when the card itself does not imply or mean that? You are creating a new question to beg the answer you are imagining. The new question would require a reading of its own. To me, the 4 of Pentacles is about stability, and to answer the question regarding the type of relationship one wants, I would say they want a stable relationship.

drprakertik

Since the question had nothing to do with cheating, why would the 4 of Pentacles indicate cheating when the card itself does not imply or mean that? You are creating a new question to beg the answer you are imagining. The new question would require a reading of its own. To me, the 4 of Pentacles is about stability, and to answer the question regarding the type of relationship one wants, I would say they want a stable relationship.

Secret relationship does not mean cheating. Atleast not here, i was talking about keeping it hidden from other people. There are lot of introverts in this world who shy away from PDA even going on dates publicly. Although in most cases the reason turns out to be negative but there are few who genuinely dont like sharing their love life not even introducing their gfs to their best friends.

Ruby Jewel

Secret relationship does not mean cheating. Atleast not here, i was talking about keeping it hidden from other people. There are lot of introverts in this world who shy away from PDA even going on dates publicly. Although in most cases the reason turns out to be negative but there are few who genuinely dont like sharing their love life not even introducing their gfs to their best friends.

The only point I am making is that I feel it is important to stay true to the original question...keeping it plain and simple and to the point..that is...if you want an answer to the question.