Borderless Rider-Waite coming from US Games...

Charlie Brown

I agree too. And I don't understand the problem some people have with the copyright text. If it was on the image itself, then yes thats wrong, but as its not (on the existing versions) whats the big deal?
Well, I personally do find it pretty tacky to have something that so overtly reeks of commerce right on the images that I use for spiritual contemplation, but I also understand the realities of the marketplace and, ultimately, I think the world is much better with US Games than without them.

Visually, they don't really bother me but, right now at least, I only have those in the tin decks and it's pretty small there. I have a beautiful 70s era RWS and I do think it would be pretty sad.

But here's to all getting what they want :).

Hear, hear.

Nemia

I trimmed my Commemorative some time ago, edged it in black and love the look :) And my Thoth has been trimmed for c. 15 years, long before I knew that there were others who did the same.

I'm sure it will look great. And a borderless Commemorative in a tin - that would be a real WOW...

magicjack

Should I cross my fingers in hopes of a nice back? I do kinda like the "original" blue and white roses and lillies.

earthair

If USG are reading...what we really want is a re-issue of the gold edged deluxe RWS.

Darkmage

I missed that version.

What I'd like to see in a borderless version is the lurid colours of the Merrimack and UP versions. The Centennial is too washed out for my taste, and since I do a lot of readings in low light conditions, contrast is critical. I can see fine and read when my friends are tripping over the cat and colliding with the furniture, so I have to keep this in mind too.

I'd like to see the rose backs. That plaid they've been using since the 70s is just God-awful.

rwcarter

If USG are reading...what we really want is a re-issue of the gold edged deluxe RWS.
The Jubilee Edition? That was put out by Konigsfurt Urania, not USG.

earthair

The Jubilee Edition? That was put out by Konigsfurt Urania, not USG.

No the USG one- blue box, gold edges!

*In a Gollum voice* "my precious" I neeeeeeed this deck!

Attachments

• rider deluxe tarot gold edge 1.jpg
    rider deluxe tarot gold edge 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 316

Gwynydd

I agree too. And I don't understand the problem some people have with the copyright text. If it was on the image itself, then yes thats wrong, but as its not (on the existing versions) whats the big deal?

I guess a borderless deck would have to retain the title bars, otherwise the image proportions wouldn't be correct.

The big deal for me personally is that it interferes with my meditation on the cards. But then, I also dislike it on the back. Other companies manage to make beautiful decks without copyright anywhere, so I see it as really unnecessary.

Also, I'm always looking to cut my Wishlist down drastically. Decks with a copyright these days don't make that list and it saves me money