Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Collaborative Spread Creation #13 - Healing Ancestral Trauma

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads


 
arcange  arcange is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Feb 2017
Location: Paris
Posts: 172
arcange 
Citizen

Is it more important to heal the trauma or to let go of it?

For some reason I see a pyramid shape.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcange View Post
Is it more important to heal the trauma or to let go of it?

For some reason I see a pyramid shape.
Heal vs release? That's a really good point!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
cirenosille  cirenosille is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 25 Apr 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 17
cirenosille 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcange View Post
Is it more important to heal the trauma or to let go of it?

For some reason I see a pyramid shape.
Letting go can be a type of healing, but not all types of healing involve letting go.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenosille View Post
Letting go can be a type of healing, but not all types of healing involve letting go.
So which are you more interested in?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
cirenosille  cirenosille is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 25 Apr 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 17
cirenosille 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
So which are you more interested in?
Healing the trauma.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

I haven't forgotten about this.

So if these are the positions we've settled on, do they seem to be in the correct order?

What was the trauma?
How was it expressed in that first generation?
Who experienced the trauma?
What effect did the trauma have on their life?
What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?

If this were a story you were reading, which would you rather know first - who it happened to or how it was expressed in the first generation? I'm thinking how it was expressed could actually go after the effect it had on the person who experienced it.

Once we have the order of the positions set, then we can think about spread shapes.

Rodney
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
cirenosille  cirenosille is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 25 Apr 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 17
cirenosille 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
I haven't forgotten about this.

So if these are the positions we've settled on, do they seem to be in the correct order?

What was the trauma?
How was it expressed in that first generation?
Who experienced the trauma?
What effect did the trauma have on their life?
What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?

If this were a story you were reading, which would you rather know first - who it happened to or how it was expressed in the first generation? I'm thinking how it was expressed could actually go after the effect it had on the person who experienced it.

Once we have the order of the positions set, then we can think about spread shapes.

Rodney
If I understand correctly, I agree that how it was expressed could go after the affect it had on the person who experienced it. So(?):

What was the trauma?
Who experienced the trauma?
What effect did the trauma have on their life?
How was it expressed in that first generation?
What is the legacy the trauma has introduced into the family line?
What effect has the trauma had on my family today?
How can I heal the trauma I inherited?
How can I heal the trauma the rest of my family has inherited?
How can I help the spirit of my ancestor heal, if that's needed?


It seems pertinent, but I'm not sure how to include it, that the querent should be specific about which side of the family they're asking about, maybe even going so far as to say which grandparents' line should be explored through the seeking before proceeding with the reading.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenosille View Post
It seems pertinent, but I'm not sure how to include it, that the querent should be specific about which side of the family they're asking about, maybe even going so far as to say which grandparents' line should be explored through the seeking before proceeding with the reading.
Are you speaking in general or specifically in your situation? Cause you originally said you knew the trauma was on your mother's side. I would think that anyone else who might use this spread would already have a good idea (like you do) that there was some kind of trauma. The spread positions are based on the belief that there was some trauma. As configured so far, this isn't a spread to inquire as to whether or not there might be some trauma in the family line.

We have 9 positions in the spread. My first thought for layout is an equal-armed cross, but I'll have to see if I can make the card positions flow within that construct.

Rodney
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
cirenosille  cirenosille is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 25 Apr 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 17
cirenosille 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
Are you speaking in general or specifically in your situation? Cause you originally said you knew the trauma was on your mother's side. I would think that anyone else who might use this spread would already have a good idea (like you do) that there was some kind of trauma. The spread positions are based on the belief that there was some trauma. As configured so far, this isn't a spread to inquire as to whether or not there might be some trauma in the family line.

Rodney
Considering the nature of our world as it is now, and has been, you'd be hard pressed to find an ancestral line that doesn't contain something that needs to be healed. My original intent was to create a spread that could help discover any incidents that most needed healing within our ancestral lines and the circumstances surrounding them; it just so happens that I'm aware of one such event having taken place, but I do not have the details of the event. With that being said, how should we proceed?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
LisaStarlight's Avatar
LisaStarlight  LisaStarlight is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Dec 2013
Location: Western Australia, Australia
Posts: 350
LisaStarlight 
Citizen

LisaStarlight's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenosille View Post
Considering the nature of our world as it is now, and has been, you'd be hard pressed to find an ancestral line that doesn't contain something that needs to be healed. My original intent was to create a spread that could help discover any incidents that most needed healing within our ancestral lines and the circumstances surrounding them; it just so happens that I'm aware of one such event having taken place, but I do not have the details of the event. With that being said, how should we proceed?
Are you trying to create a spread specifically for you in this thread (in which case you already know the ancestral line) or a spread for others to use? I thought from your original post that you were looking for help creating a spread for your personal situation.

If it's for others, something as simple as doing a pre-reading reading using court cards or something could be one way to pinpoint the ancestral line. e.g. Cups and Pentacles for maternal side; Swords and Wands for the paternal. Or something like that. Perhaps, it could be done with a second deck that you've already set aside the court cards for this exercise. That way you don't have to reintegrate and shuffle court cards back into the deck you're going to do the reading with. The court cards could tell the ancestor's gender and age.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.