Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot


 
EmpyreanKnight's Avatar
EmpyreanKnight  EmpyreanKnight is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2015
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,853
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcherise13 View Post
I'm not sure how I missed this.
Is there still time to join in?
Yup! It starts June 14 so hop in here:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=5032368
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #31
Carojulie's Avatar
Carojulie  Carojulie is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2017
Location:
Posts: 444
Carojulie 
Citizen

Carojulie's Avatar

Hello Raven,

I have a question on the placements of the cards, and I apologize if this question has already been adressed before.
Why is the first card of the Wheel the one slightly left of the topmost card ? Is there a signification for this placement?
Spontaneously I would have put the first card either on the top most position, or on the position just right of the topmost (like the number 1 on the dial of a clock)

So I am curious as to why this position is chosen for the first card ?

Thank you (and dont worry if there is no easy explanation, no sweat)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #32
RavenOfSummer's Avatar
RavenOfSummer  RavenOfSummer is offline
My friends :(
 
Join Date: 27 May 2016
Location: Washington, D.C., USA
Posts: 531
RavenOfSummer 
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcherise13 View Post
I'm not sure how I missed this.
Is there still time to join in?
Sweetcherise13, yay! So nice to connect with you on here again We're so happy to have you, and I saw you made your post in the reading thread as EmpyreanKnight advised Welcome!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #33
RavenOfSummer's Avatar
RavenOfSummer  RavenOfSummer is offline
My friends :(
 
Join Date: 27 May 2016
Location: Washington, D.C., USA
Posts: 531
RavenOfSummer 
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
Just got word that the Walker and its companion book should be here by this weekend so yay! Thanks RavenOfSummer, your vibes must be very effective.
Oh that's great! Vibes can work wonders
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #34
RavenOfSummer's Avatar
RavenOfSummer  RavenOfSummer is offline
My friends :(
 
Join Date: 27 May 2016
Location: Washington, D.C., USA
Posts: 531
RavenOfSummer 
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carojulie View Post
Hello Raven,

I have a question on the placements of the cards, and I apologize if this question has already been adressed before.
Why is the first card of the Wheel the one slightly left of the topmost card ? Is there a signification for this placement?
Spontaneously I would have put the first card either on the top most position, or on the position just right of the topmost (like the number 1 on the dial of a clock)

So I am curious as to why this position is chosen for the first card ?

Thank you (and dont worry if there is no easy explanation, no sweat)
This is a great question Carojulie. In terms of the layout I took this directly from the Sacred Days of Yule layout which has been used for the Yule readings here on the forums for many years. Last year was my first time doing the Yule reading, and I actually wondered the same thing as you- why isn't card number 1 at the top of the wheel? After thinking about it the idea I had is that not putting card number 1 at the very top gives more of an impression of the turning of the wheel when you look at it. We are pausing to reflect in this place, but even now the wheel is in motion, and the number layout feels like a reminder of that. However, I think there's no reason why the first card can't be at the top of the wheel and the spread goes around from there, if that feels right to you. There may be others who are thinking the same thing! So I think we should all do what feels right for us in laying out our wheel
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #35
Carojulie's Avatar
Carojulie  Carojulie is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2017
Location:
Posts: 444
Carojulie 
Citizen

Carojulie's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfSummer View Post
This is a great question Carojulie. In terms of the layout I took this directly from the Sacred Days of Yule layout which has been used for the Yule readings here on the forums for many years. Last year was my first time doing the Yule reading, and I actually wondered the same thing as you- why isn't card number 1 at the top of the wheel? After thinking about it the idea I had is that not putting card number 1 at the very top gives more of an impression of the turning of the wheel when you look at it. We are pausing to reflect in this place, but even now the wheel is in motion, and the number layout feels like a reminder of that. However, I think there's no reason why the first card can't be at the top of the wheel and the spread goes around from there, if that feels right to you. There may be others who are thinking the same thing! So I think we should all do what feels right for us in laying out our wheel
Hey Raven, thank you for this explanation, that makes a lot of sense ! Now I understand that, as the wheel turns continuously, the fisrt card could actually be on any of the twelve placements and it would still mean the same thing.
I like that explanation and I will keep the first card just left of the top, as on the picture. It means that I start a cycle of reflexion and my peak might be the second day when my intuition has gotten into gear, or the peak could be anywhere, all the twelve days are a peak in themselves.
Thank you
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #36
Carojulie's Avatar
Carojulie  Carojulie is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2017
Location:
Posts: 444
Carojulie 
Citizen

Carojulie's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carojulie View Post
I am still trying to decide wich deck to use for this spread.

I am thinking of several :

- The Motherpeace, wich would be very appropriate for this special work, with its links to the godess and feminine power ; it has always seemed to be a sort of sacred deck to me, so that makes sense
- The DruidCraft (I have the french version : le Tarot des Druides) which also seems appropriate, due to its representations of ritualistic celebrations
- The Clover Tarot, one of my all time favourite, because it is so close to my heart, and has such vibrant colors and thoughfull imagery
- The Distant Past tarot which has a very sunny, midsummer vibe to it, with all this sunny athmosphere and blue skies and foliage
- I am also thinking of a secret deck that I am waiting for through the post, but I am not sure it will get there in time. Only today's post and tomorow's post, after that it will be too late. Its a deck that I have been dreaming of for litteraly years... so if it arrived in time, what better way to start a journey with it, than using it for this midsummer spread ?

Initially I had also thought of one of my witchy decks (Green Witch, Modern Spellcaster..) or one of my faiery decks (Hezicos, Sidhe, Victorian faierys..) because the vibe was coherent with the subject of the spread. But, as much as I like some of these decks, I do not love them as much as I love the decks that I mentioned in the list above, and I sensed that I really wanted a special deck, one that is really amongst my all time favourites, for this spread.

I enjoy reading about all your chosen decks, and I see that some of you have a hard time chosing, like me !


ETA : Oh no, now that I have written that I dont like my witchy decks and my faery decks as much as the others, I feel bad for them to be left aside....
My heart is balancing towards the Druidcraft. Such a beautiful, ceremonial, witchy deck, full of natural green magic and great for summer earthy energy.
I am just worried about the size of the cards.
I think I will resolve the cats and kids situation by laying the spread on my small low table and blocking each card with a crystal. I trimmed my Druidcraft deck but it remains quite large, and my table is not big. Size wise the Motherpeace mini deck would make more sense, and its a beautiful deep deck too. So deep it kind of intimidates me a little bit, actually. And I am still hoping my secret deck could arrive through the post before wednesday...... so, I have still not chosen. It looks like it will be a last moment decision.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #37
Disa's Avatar
Disa  Disa is offline
The last in line
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2006
Location: Moon Gazing: Georgia, USA
Posts: 6,150
Disa 
The last in line

Disa's Avatar

Is there still time for me to join?

I'm not sure I'm totally in the mood for this at this time of year, but the positions in the spread seem to reflect just the type of things I need to be focusing on right now. I"m not sure how I missed this earlier.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #38
RavenOfSummer's Avatar
RavenOfSummer  RavenOfSummer is offline
My friends :(
 
Join Date: 27 May 2016
Location: Washington, D.C., USA
Posts: 531
RavenOfSummer 
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disa View Post
Is there still time for me to join?

I'm not sure I'm totally in the mood for this at this time of year, but the positions in the spread seem to reflect just the type of things I need to be focusing on right now. I"m not sure how I missed this earlier.
Yes! Glad you'll be joining
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #39
Disa's Avatar
Disa  Disa is offline
The last in line
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2006
Location: Moon Gazing: Georgia, USA
Posts: 6,150
Disa 
The last in line

Disa's Avatar

Thank you! Very glad to be joining. I haven't decided on a deck, yet. Maybe I'll try one of the newer ones I haven't actually used yet.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #40


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.