> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Resident

Grandmort 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
I talked myself into it and backed it!
Thanks garmonbozia!

I'm wondering if the following could be a good idea: offering an incentive where, if you purchase the Limited Edition Major Arcana, you would get a discount on the full deck coming soon after that.

What do you all think?

(Disclaimer: I'm NOT the artist, I help with the promo and Kickstarter campaign)

: )
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmort View Post
Thanks garmonbozia!

I'm wondering if the following could be a good idea: offering an incentive where, if you purchase the Limited Edition Major Arcana, you would get a discount on the full deck coming soon after that.

What do you all think?

(Disclaimer: I'm NOT the artist, I help with the promo and Kickstarter campaign)

I think that might help. I have to admit that I'm considering this one. I generally don't do Majors only decks. I actually have one that a friend gave to me many years ago - The Love Tarot (Bartlett & Tolford) - but, in spite of it being a beautiful deck, I've never used it.

Having said that, I've also been looking at what a few of my OOP decks are going for now and wishing I'd have purchased a second one of them to keep new in the original shrink-wrap.

Frankly though, looking at it from that aspect, it's a bit of a gamble. I do have to say I like to support artists who create these beautiful decks ... And this one is beautiful. I especially love the Chariot (one of my favorite Tarot cards in general) and the High Priestess and Hermit. The imagery in The Hanged Man is quite different from what we usually see ... so it's intriguing.

I will be seriously considering this as I approach payday.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Resident

Grandmort 
Resident
I'm relaying here a message from the creator of The Lost Tarot himself

Hello, my name is Hans Bauer, the artist/creator of The Lost Tarot, the Major Arcana deck (+ a bonus of 4 Aces) currently offered via a Kickstarter campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...imited-edition

To those who have expressed an interest, but are reluctant to invest in a Majors only deck, I thank you for your kind words.

Parroting what was already explained in another post, if all goes as planned, the full 78-card deck will be published in early 2018, and, later still, a 78-card sepia version. These decks, however, will NOT be signed and numbered limited editions, which, given the scope and execution (even if I am the one saying so) of The Lost Tarot, gives the limited edition Majors some added value.

Again, thanks for your interest. I will gladly answer all your questions.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

garmonbozia 
Citizen

Quote:

What do you all think?
I think that could definitely be an incentive for those who are on the fence. Most people don't use majors only decks, so they are a much harder sell. I definitely see them more as something to collect than to use.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Citizen

willowy 
Citizen

Quote:
Hello, my name is Hans Bauer, the artist/creator of The Lost Tarot, the Major Arcana deck (+ a bonus of 4 Aces) currently offered via a Kickstarter campaign:

To those who have expressed an interest, but are reluctant to invest in a Majors only deck, I thank you for your kind words.

Parroting what was already explained in another post, if all goes as planned, the full 78-card deck will be published in early 2018, and, later still, a 78-card sepia version. These decks, however, will NOT be signed and numbered limited editions, which, given the scope and execution (even if I am the one saying so) of The Lost Tarot, gives the limited edition Majors some added value.

Again, thanks for your interest. I will gladly answer all your questions.
Very beautiful.I wondered if you would be doing a fully illustrated minor arcana,when you do the full deck later on,or will you be doing just the basic symbols on the minors,such as just two swords,three swords etc?Thanks.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Resident

Grandmort 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
I think that could definitely be an incentive for those who are on the fence. Most people don't use majors only decks, so they are a much harder sell. I definitely see them more as something to collect than to use.
The Major Arcana Lost Tarot deck is NOW FUNDED on Kickstarter, with two days to go!

A few people from these forums have pledged, so THANK YOU!!!

There is still time to get your hands on this beautiful Tarot deck, head to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...imited-edition

Now that we are funded, yes, we can confirm that we will proceed with the full 78-card Lost Tarot deck!

Therefore, with proof of purchase of this limited edition, a discount will be available on the full deck (how to provide a proof of purchase will be explained during the next Kickstarter campaign). We do not know what kind of discount yet, neither do we know when exactly the full deck will be available, but we are shooting for a November/December release, just in time for Christmas ; )

Questions are welcome, thanks to everyone again!

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Resident

Grandmort 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowy View Post
Very beautiful.I wondered if you would be doing a fully illustrated minor arcana,when you do the full deck later on,or will you be doing just the basic symbols on the minors,such as just two swords,three swords etc?Thanks.
willowy, we'll be doing a full 78-card deck for The Lost Tarot. Images for the Minor Arcana cards can be seen on our Kickstarter campaign page, at the bottom:

(Note that some cards for the Minor Arcana are subject to change.)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

ayuryogini 
Citizen

Quote:
........…

Now that we are funded, yes, we can confirm that we will proceed with the full 78-card Lost Tarot deck!

Therefore, with proof of purchase of this limited edition, a discount will be available on the full deck (how to provide a proof of purchase will be explained during the next Kickstarter campaign)...............

Questions are welcome, thanks to everyone again!

I've been on the fence ever since the campaign started, but this helped tip me over the edge.

Happy to back it.

Plus I love the Temperance, Chariot, World and Sun cards.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Resident

Grandmort 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuryogini View Post
I've been on the fence ever since the campaign started, but this helped tip me over the edge.

Happy to back it.

Plus I love the Temperance, Chariot, World and Sun cards.
Thanks ayuryogini, that's great news!

Furthermore, I can now safely say that we’ve had an ace up our sleeve we never mentioned on the current campaign; the limited edition contains a clue. A clue to what, we can say no more, but this is for our initial backers only, and so we hope more of you will participate, there is only about 30+ hours left.

; )
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Citizen

theEnigma 
Citizen

Congratulations on a successful campaign! I went ahead and backed since I'm a sucker:-) looking forward to this one and the full decks.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.