Celtic Cross for Someone Experiencing Difficulty

Anne_23

Boyfriend says he feels like they're going through a tough time personally. Intense dreams, erratic sleep, can't get out of their head, and says they feel like they are replaying the concept of death and dying. Not suicidal but going through a madening energy and difficult time which seems to have come out of nowhere. For example, his dream last night had to do with his grandmother (who passed earlier this year) calling him for comfort and him coming to her but feeling unconcerned of her passing, as in uneffected by sadness or loss. He is Scorpio and prone to being stuck in his head. Though said this feels different and more intense than usual.

Told him I would pull a celtic cross and used two decks. One for main energy and one for clarifying. I am a tarot novice and wanted the practice.

Would love help with interpretation and if there is anything I'm missing or glossing over. Especially because this is my boyfriend and I don't want to be biased. I see a lot of fire! A ton of wands and major arcana. Seems to be a spiritual transformation and fairly major in his life.

1. Present position: The Emporer with Knight of Wands
Ares, Leo, fire and fire
Emporer representing a masculine and physical energy of being responsible for one's actions and reason to sort through what does not make sense. No wonder he seems stuck in his head. Combined with the Knight of Wands, I would guess this has to do with reasoning through all the dreams and thoughts coming to him and actively transforming it into some sort of spiritual energy or transformation. Knight being a more immature energy than the King, I would gather that he is feeling a bit uncontrolled in this process. He seems like he is trying to control his thoughts rather than letting them be.

2.Immediate influence: 10 of Wands with King of Wands
Saturn, Saggitarius (both) and fire (both)
10 of wands representing a cruel and overbreaing force, excessive pressure. King represents the need to remember tolerance and generosity over autocratic approach. The ability to visualize further actions and focus firmly on goals. Saturn is about work being done. I would interpret these two together as the influence of his mind in this state being the overbearing burden and the King as well.

3. Goal or Destiny: Sun with Four of Cups
Fire and Water
Sun being the intellectual activity and reorganization of goals, realizing untapped talents. 4 of cups being about learning who to trust and who to let go of. Feeling of distrust and suspicion. He recently left a position with a company which was not working for him. He doesn't have direction yet where he will work. I would guess that part of the struggle is harnassing his thoughts on who and what direction to trust, mainly himself. Goal being able to find his talents and be able to use them with people he trusts.

4. Distant Past: Fortitude with Seven of Pentacles
Strength, power, courage, control along with 7 of pentacles representing divorce, disagreement and settling of assets. I know in the past he left living with his family. His mother was controlling. It was very much a codependent relationship and took a lot of strength to stand up to her on certain issues regarding assest which were his but which she tried to control. This seems to be clear.

5. Recent Past: Justice with 9 of Wands
Balance, strength and fairness. Equity. Good intentions. 9 of Wands being a hauntings and dim memories of the past which will not disperse. Seeking right path but misled by linear thinking. Guessing that breaking free from his past connection with family resulted in a whole torent of releasing of emotion and past situations which led to a confusion on who to trust and how to find that balance within himself rather than with support of another person.

6. Future Influence: Hermit with the Two of Pentacles
Needing to find one's inner wisdom and guidance internally and without the influence of another. Needs some space and independence to do this. Two of pentacles suggests that he will learn from the past and incorporate these lessons into his life.

7. Questioner: Hanged Man with Temperance
He is currently in a state of suspension, waiting, loss and suffering. He will require patience to get through this.

8. Enivrionemental Factors: Knight of Swords with 4 of Wands
He is clever, subtle, brave and active. His intelligence will help him get through this period. I am guessing the 4 of wands is us and the imporance of that relationship as rest, bliss, and joy?

9: Inner Emotions, Fears and Hopes: 10 of Pentacles with Hermit
Fear that he will not acheive financial success. This is a theme in his life as he has a high degree of education but not yet a path for how to use it. His hope would be to gain that internal sense of wisdom and direction.

10. Outcome: 7 of Swords with Arch Priestess
His outcome would be a partial success or victory within grasp if he is able to connect with his inner wisdown and higher intuition.

Bottom of Each Deck
Seven of Cups - Feeling one is being deceived. Illusion. Deception.
Empress - One's feminine energy, imagination and creativity.

Take the two of these to mean that a big part of the current energy has to do with a lost sense of intuition, feeling it is deceiving him or is illusionary. Thus, he tries to control his environment with rational thought and intellect. While that serves a purpose, he is battling it rather than allowing for intuition to come to him.

Anne_23

Perhaps he is experiencing some type of Kundalini awakening, spiritual transformation or is just going crazy from being in his head so much. TBD. But first, I would like to just help him understand whatever seems to be behind the sleeplessness, mental torment and dreams.

headincloud

Hi I'm finding this very difficult to read because there's too many cards, the spread is generally dealt with one pack and one card per position because it's extensive enough without clarifies and they're serving only to confuse things imho.

Quickly looked the first pack only and it seems to relate expansion in the emperor, whatever your partner is pursuing, probably job wise is wearing him out and he's getting disheartened, he seems to be contemplative and in need of space, he's frustrated with his life path and wondering whether to continue on this road. There's a chance someone's sabotaging his efforts or he's self sabotaging.