Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Cary-Yale-tarocchi. Sforza-impresa: fountain.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot History & Development

Resident

Trismegistus 
Resident
Cary-Yale-tarocchi. Sforza-impresa: fountain.

Ave readers,

I'm writing a thesis in order to graduate on the field of art history at Leiden university – and have been studying the three decks attributed to Bonifacio Bembo for many years. In Moakley and in Kaplan one reads concerning the Cary-Yale-tarocchi that 'the fountain' as found as a motiv on some of the cards should be considered as a Sforza-device, but I have never actually been able to find it anywhere, except for in the mentioned sources. The identification of 'the fountain' by the aforementioned writers as a Sforza-impresa would seem vital for the identification of the event as pictured in the Amor-card being a 'Visconti-Sforza-marriage', even though we still have 'the quince' as support for such a theory.
Anyone able to illuminate us here?

Kind regards,
vale Trismegistus.

(What I mean: I have actually not found one example – having studied the Visconti- and Sforza-imprese quite extensively, as found in their art and architecture – suggesting that 'the fountain' as an iconographical motiv was ever considered to be of any special significance to either one of these families)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.