Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

What is the deck ...

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Question What is the deck ...

Some years back I remember talking with a Tarot reader in Sedona, AZ. She had an unusual deck ... well, it seemed unusual to me at the time due to my limited exposure. The cards were fairly large. It was a photo collage deck. I think The Fool was a naked guy prancing in the sun, I also remember one card had like a large block of stone with a face. I also recall the borders were relatively wide and were white. Can't recall what the backs were like. My memory is somewhat flawed on this deck since it's been years since I've seen it.

I remember thinking, back then, that the images seemed somewhat "clunky" I guess would be the word. But I'm wondering about it now because I've now got a few other collage decks and really like them.

So, any ideas as to what deck it is?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Cosmic Tribe?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Seeker

Cocobird55 
Seeker

Cosmic Tribe was my first thought, too.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

... and mine. But that mention of a large block of stone with a face makes me think of the Lovers card in the Voyager. A quick glance and you'd think it was just one face... Is there an edition of the Voyager with white borders? Mine are more beige-y I think.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

Logiatrix 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
Some years back I remember talking with a Tarot reader in Sedona, AZ. She had an unusual deck ... well, it seemed unusual to me at the time due to my limited exposure. The cards were fairly large. It was a photo collage deck. I think The Fool was a naked guy prancing in the sun, I also remember one card had like a large block of stone with a face. I also recall the borders were relatively wide and were white. Can't recall what the backs were like. My memory is somewhat flawed on this deck since it's been years since I've seen it.

I remember thinking, back then, that the images seemed somewhat "clunky" I guess would be the word. But I'm wondering about it now because I've now got a few other collage decks and really like them.

So, any ideas as to what deck it is?
Your description has me thinking of the Sedona Vortex Tarot, at least in general presentation. That first card you describe sounds vaguely like the Sun card, but it's been a long time since I've laid eyes on the deck. I dunno, maybe it is?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sedona-vortex/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

I thought it was the Cosmic Tribe too. Could the card with the stone that has a face be the Moon card? It's not exactly a large block tho
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

MissChiff 
Citizen

The Tarot of the old path has a face in the tower card I believe. I'm not at home so I can't look right now. A face in stone.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

The other decks mentioned does not have a naked man for a Fool tho. I mean, except for the Cosmic Tribe
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

Elven 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
... and mine. But that mention of a large block of stone with a face makes me think of the Lovers card in the Voyager. A quick glance and you'd think it was just one face... Is there an edition of the Voyager with white borders? Mine are more beige-y I think.
I thought that too Le Faun - its such a visually impressionable card.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Ah! Thanks everyone! It was the Voyager Tarot that I was remembering! And apparently mixing up memories of seeing the Cosmic Tribe Tarot along with it. And apparently mixing up the border colors ...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.