3 of swords rx as how a past love interest sees you

rwcarter

Moderator Note

intuitivetarot,

Please provide feedback to both nisaba and Debra.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

intuitivetarot

Perhaps they see you as the person who freed them from being emotionally stuck. That makes sense even if they do believe you were unfaithful They may take the "unfaithfulness" as a bottom-line thing and just walk away from you a free person, while anything "less" in their eyes would have had them hanging around with you, feeling emotional pain all the time.

But for whatever reason, you have freed them from emotional pain, even if that means they just don't have enough of an emotional connection with you to communicate with you.

Sorry for the delay, I just can't wrap my head around 3/swords rx as "How he sees me" and 7/swords rx as a remedy because I began wondering if I'm already doing what is recommended. Sometimes you're already on the right path but can't even see it because you're so hung on doing the "right" thing. I think I needed to assess where I actually am feelings wise versus action wise because there may be a disparity between what the mind thinks about the situation/someone/something and what the heart truly feels about the situation/someone/something. That's what I realized when I pulled 3/swords rx and 7/swords rx again for another reading. I can't say that I'm already doing/I've already fulfilled 7/swords rx as a remedy though because 3/swords rx and 7/swords rx popped up for the same clarification question about him. Thus, the repeating cards can only indicate that him seeing me as 3/swords rx is validated. I don't know, it's just a new tentative insight into the situation; there may be a flaw I haven't thought of/seen yet.

Yes, my original thoughts on his message included him pulling back because he just needed an excuse to tell himself that he's somehow "better". My initial inclinations were towards societal/family/self-induced pressures (he's SO work-obsessed!) to be in a relationship. I think past relationship wounds also made its way into my thoughts. On the outside, he seemed like a lovesick puppy (lol) in person but emotionally bereft in messages. ("Bereft" just popped into my mind--must be significant because I've never actually used the word before, had to look it up for the first time, and the meaning fits in perfectly.) I would brush it off as him attributing Virgo traits because there was still a sense of happiness to hear from me. This is why your feedback definitely resonated with me.

Well, to be fair, what's "what they intend to do", not "how they see you". The card is answering what you asked, not something you didn't ask.
However, I'm unclear about the way in which you interpreted "How he sees me". When I read the cards for "How he sees me," I was looking to get some insight into what his impression/judgement/conclusion is of me without him putting himself in my shoes. So, a flow from him to me. But "the person who freed them from being emotionally stuck" describes 3/swords rx as "What I did to him", or a flow from me to him. Here, 3/swords rx is also described as a person. Because of the discrepancy in flows, I don't understand why 3/swords rx can be interpreted as a person for "How he sees me". In the minor arcana, I read pip cards as an energy and leave people to court cards, so it is just not clear in this reading IF HE came with 3/swords rx qualities/energy.

I am interested in your thoughts are on the 7/swords rx as a remedy because 3/swords rx and 7/swords rx popping up in another reading made me realize that I need to read for "How far I've come in attaining the remedies". I still agree with the general possibility of him just needing an excuse, but I can't confirm or deny his duplicitous thinking. I may get some insight with a reading on "HIS reaction to his more challenging perspectives of me".

Thanks for your feedback! :)

intuitivetarot

But for whatever reason, you have freed them from emotional pain, even if that means they just don't have enough of an emotional connection with you to communicate with you.

Oh! Could 3/swords rx also mean running from one's emotional and living in denial of the emotional pain?

I feel like I have to be careful not to confuse 3/swords rx (problem of emotional pain) with 8/swords upright, which I take to mean unwillingness to open one's eyes up to problems in general that are weighing on the subject's mind........

Thirteen

8/Swords is denial forced upon one....

I feel like I have to be careful not to confuse 3/swords rx (problem of emotional pain) with 8/swords upright, which I take to mean unwillingness to open one's eyes up to problems in general that are weighing on the subject's mind........
In 8/Swords upright the person is tied up and blindfolded. Meaning they haven't a choice in the matter, so it's not that they're unwilling to open their eyes to the problems, it's that others don't want them to discuss those problems. They are being "forced" to be blind to those problems by others.

I'm sure you've had this happen when, say, you're with family or friends and you start to talk about some issue or problem and they glare at you, one of them whispering, "We don't talk about that!" You feel constrained to turn a blind eye to it.

With 3/Swords rx, however, the person may simply be in denial of the emotional pain because releasing it might lead to a scene or to just showing how hurt they are, and they refuse to do that. But the denial is their decision, not a decision that has been forced on them by others.