Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 308 : June 24 - June 30

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

lantana 
Citizen

For some reason I want to work with the Shadowscapes this week. Give it another try, see if it's really just the size of the cards that's throwing me off or if we're just not gonna work out.

lantana - Shadowscapes Tarot & Prisma Visions Tarot
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

I've missed at least a week as life has been insanely busy with work, chores, birthdays and I don't know if I am coming or going anymore.

I'm going to work with Tarot of the Spirit as it has a very new agey, meditative, self reflective and spiritual focus, which feels perfect for what I need right now.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Hello !

I will keep with the Hudes tarot this week. Had not have enough time with it last week.
Thank you VG for being there every week and hosting this thread !

Carojulie - Hudes tarot
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Sedona Vortex Tarot - first impressions

So I decided to get a head start on next week by taking a good look through the Sedona Vortex Tarot. It uses collage-style art work mixing pieces of photographs, computer art (I think), paintings and cartoon-like drawings. Physically, the cards are rather large, about 6" tall by 4" wide (approx. 153 x 103 mm). The card stock feels a little thin, but I think they'll be useable.

There is also a fair number of very fine paper slivers; about the thickness of a very fine hair, scattered throughout the deck. You can feel these as you slide cards off of the deck as they roll between the two cards. I assume these are leftovers from the cutting process, but they are a slight annoyance as they're kind of getting everywhere. But I only feel them on the cards and only see them on the dark portions of the cards and the black of my laptop.

According to the VLWB ("very little white book" - it's only 7 pages), the cards are based in the RWS system, but the suit names are very different. The suits (with their RWS equivalent) are; Bell Rock (Swords), Cathedral Rock (Cups), Airport Mesa (Wands) and Boynton Canyon (Pentacles). So, while the suits have RWS equivalents, they may prove to be a bit of a challenge to remember their associations. Fortunately, many of the suit cards do have images that include things that will clue you in to the element - for example, the Two through the Ten of Cathedral Rock all have something watery in them. The Bell Rock suit feature images of birds and/or the sky. So, it may not be TOO difficult to work with the associations. There is also a "Vortex Map Card", which shows the general location of the vortices named in the deck and gives their RWS suit equivalents.

Another oddity of the deck is that some of the Minors have keywords at the top, while others do not. For example, the Ace and Two of Cathedral Rock do not have keywords, the Three through Ten do. The Ace, Two and Three of Bell Rock have no keywords, the Four, Five and Six do, and the Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten do not. So, it's rather hit or miss whether you'll have the benefit (or distraction) of a keyword on the card. None of the Court Cards, nor the Majors have keywords.

The write-ups of the individual cards in the LWB are quite short, just giving a few words about the meanings of the cards. Though, one can see the basic relation of most cards to the RWS. The organization of the LWB is also a little odd. It gives the Minors first, but clumps them by the number - so the 4 Aces are first, then the Twos, and so on. The section on the Majors is in the last part of the booklet. Justice is VIII and Strength at XI.

A few meanings are a little different, but interestingly have given me new things to contemplate on the cards in general. For example, for Strength, it reads; "Expressing yourself to the world instead of impressing the world." I thought that was pretty cool and it is in my journal now.

I do love the art so far. I have begun to become rather fond of my collage-style decks and find that they work well for me, so I am hopeful for this deck as well. I am looking forward to trying it out and will probably do a New Deck reading for it tomorrow.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Citizen

BodhiSeed 
Citizen

Bodhiseed - Victoria Regina and Universe Cards

Thanks to our lovely leader for a new thread for the week!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

Trogon, you should email your post to Solandia, she is always looking for reviews for decks to round out that area of the site.

Other than the commercial area of Sedona, the power of the place makes the hairs rise on the back of my head. I've spent hours in Oak Tree Canyon

AJ - Guardians of Wisdom

thanks VG
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

I'm going to work with the Bonefire this week, at least for my daily draws! Hoping to get pleasantly reacquainted with it as I had an instant connection when I first got it. I'll also be working with the Oracle of the Unicorns again. I'm feeling very "love and light" lately so it's right up my alley
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

Rose Lalonde 
Citizen

Had breakfast listening to Fortune's Wheelhouse podcast about the symbolism in RWS and Thoth Magician/Magus. (There's a thread about FW in the Books and Media forum) One of the presenters is the creator of the Tabula Mundi, so peripherally related to DotW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
...I'm going to work with Tarot of the Spirit as it has a very new agey, meditative, self reflective and spiritual focus, which feels perfect for what I need right now.

Great description of that deck's focus. I'll admit I'm not personally a fan of the book (loved by many, though), but I do like to read with the deck! I hope you enjoy your week with it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Citizen

BodhiSeed 
Citizen

VGimlet, if you get a chance, could you swap out the Alchemist's Oracle for the Universe Cards for me? Thank you! I just realized I had recently used these, so I wanted to dust off one I haven't used in a while.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Citizen

Amberjune 
Citizen

Thank you for the new thread, VG!

My Rosetta Tarot has arrived :-). I'll be using it together with the Shamanic Healing Oracle Cards this week.

Blessings
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.