Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 308 : June 24 - June 30

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Resident

Luxa 
Resident

Thanks for the new thread VG!

I'll join in with the Victorian Fairy please, it's still so new to me.

Trogon, you asked me a great question about the darker cards in last week's thread. I was just a bit busy, and i wanted to answer with a photo! I don't think the deck has skimped on the darker cards, there is darkness here, most especially in the nine and ten of Winter, The Burning Oak (tower) and Death.

Nine of winter is about terror, here the fairy wakes from a nightmare to find weasels circling her home outside. A very real threat, although she is safe inside, she doesn't feel safe.

Ten of winter is a fairy who has disturbed a badger and is trapped between it and icy thorns, with torn wings he is trapped, the badger will kill him.

XVI The Burning Oak - hoards of fairies flee their burning home in their night wear. Families with babies and children, older and younger all fleeing for their lives. The total disruption and terror, the end of their home is all very clear in this card.

XIII Death - a group of fairies mourn a dead bird, almost like a funeral, they have their best clothes on out of respect for the passing of the bird. Its such a sad scene.

Eight of Summer is about leaving home. This fairy's home can't support him anymore as the stream has run dry. He's too sad to fly away so he walks. To me there's more sadness here than a typical eight of cups.

Six of Winter - again for me there is more sadness here than a typical six of swords. These fairies are leaving their winter court for a new life. They're forced out to some extent due to the quarrelling in the court.

There's lots of detail in the cards in this deck, i hope you can see most of it in the photo.

http://imgur.com/a/84X01
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #21
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Trogon, you should email your post to Solandia, she is always looking for reviews for decks to round out that area of the site.

Other than the commercial area of Sedona, the power of the place makes the hairs rise on the back of my head. I've spent hours in Oak Tree Canyon

AJ - Guardians of Wisdom

thanks VG
I will have to think about that. I'd have to re-write it a bit I think. Plus I'd want to do a couple of readings to get a better feel for it. Thanks!

And I definitely agree about the canyon (not to be picky, but it's actually Oak Creek Canyon LOL). Between just the great feeling there, and in so many areas around Sedona it is a very relaxing place. And actually, since people are mostly so happy there, even the more commercial areas are good. Though I mostly go there in the Winter, Spring and Fall (when I need to warm up a little), it's even good in the Summer. Definitely one of my favorite places in Arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post
Thanks for the new thread VG!

I'll join in with the Victorian Fairy please, it's still so new to me.

Trogon, you asked me a great question about the darker cards in last week's thread. I was just a bit busy, and i wanted to answer with a photo! I don't think the deck has skimped on the darker cards, there is darkness here, most especially in the nine and ten of Winter, The Burning Oak (tower) and Death.

Nine of winter is about terror, here the fairy wakes from a nightmare to find weasels circling her home outside. A very real threat, although she is safe inside, she doesn't feel safe.

Ten of winter is a fairy who has disturbed a badger and is trapped between it and icy thorns, with torn wings he is trapped, the badger will kill him.

XVI The Burning Oak - hoards of fairies flee their burning home in their night wear. Families with babies and children, older and younger all fleeing for their lives. The total disruption and terror, the end of their home is all very clear in this card.

XIII Death - a group of fairies mourn a dead bird, almost like a funeral, they have their best clothes on out of respect for the passing of the bird. Its such a sad scene.

Eight of Summer is about leaving home. This fairy's home can't support him anymore as the stream has run dry. He's too sad to fly away so he walks. To me there's more sadness here than a typical eight of cups.

Six of Winter - again for me there is more sadness here than a typical six of swords. These fairies are leaving their winter court for a new life. They're forced out to some extent due to the quarrelling in the court.

There's lots of detail in the cards in this deck, i hope you can see most of it in the photo.

http://imgur.com/a/84X01
Yep, those definitely depict the sad and scary parts of life very well. Thanks so much Luxa!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #22
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

I've put the Guardians of Wisdom in the sell pile and switched to New Age Tarot, thanks VG

I have three knee-high stacks of decks to go out the door but it is too hot to think about. Not complaining..don't want the rain back.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #23
Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 
Citizen

So happy with my combo this week. Was worried I'd get colour drought like I did with the VR but the Will Worthington oracles are just perfect with the Pagan Otherworlds. The Green Man Tree Oracle in particular fits beautifully with the PO but provides extra lushness and colour. The Druid Animal Oracle doesn't fit as neatly but I love it so I don't care

Have taken the plunge and shuffled the extra cards into the PO, now we've spent some proper time together. I reversed the crescent moon first so there's now waning, waxing, full, new and equal energies represented (not reading reversals). Wasn't sure how the lunar cards would work out in a reading but the ones I've drawn so far have been spot on. Have yet to draw The Seeker so undecided on that one. May end up reserving that for a significator.

Adore the PO cardstock... it feels like my Ellusionist playing cards but shuffles even better as the size makes the cards more flexible. Thinking I might gild the edges tomorrow in an old gold.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #24
Citizen

Citrin 
Citizen

I'm working with the Medicine Woman Tarot + guidebook for 21 days starting yesterday. I've started reading the book and I think I will go with the creator's recommendation and first read it through and then start actively doing readings. Though my fingers are itching lol
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #25
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

I think I took on too much last week, and got distracted by practical concerns. So this week I'm going easy, with one of my summer faves, the Gilded.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #26
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Running late to the thread, thanks to a long and lazy weekend that has left me with mild sunburn, tangled swimming-pool hair, and a tummy full of Dark and Stormies (a lovely rum-based drink )

Excuses aside, I will be using the Robin Wood tarot again so I can dive into the companion book this time around. And Sea Whispers oracle, though it is still MIA at the moment.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #27
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

I should practice with the Golden Universal and Kabbalah Cards. I shall be using them for something lovely soon.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #28
Citizen

page of ghosts 
Citizen

So far I've just pulled court cards and a major out of the deck I chose, which is a little annoying since I wanted to get to know the numbered minors better! I remember when I read the whole book a lot of the minors seemed a lot of the same, vague description so I wanted to see what I could make of it myself, but no such luck so far. Maybe I will write the neglected Cat People spread into my journal and then do a larger spread with the Tarot of the Four Elements?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #29
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

My week so far has taken a pleasant turn. I've been doing my morning draws with 3 different types of deck- Tarot, Oracle, and Lenormand in one spread. It takes me a few minutes tops to get the message that they're sharing, despite so many cards and different systems. I am using the Samhain Lenormand so it's quite a mash up of unicorns, Bonefire's unique psychedelic world, and vintage art with a subtle halloween flavor. Visually it's probably an eyesore but all 3 are decks that I'm very connected to which makes for easy reading.

I splurged and ordered the Clare de Lune Lenormand. The past month I've been debating on it, as it's gorgeous and would mesh with my two favorite decks the Starchild and the Spirit de la Lune in terms of having a cosmic/lunar theme. It's due out sometime in July which could mean a week's wait or a month's
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.