My Birthday Spread

Kahlie

Hello,

Today is my birthday, and to celebrate I decided to make a special spread for myself with the Deck I received as a gift. (It's the Tarot Nouveau). I was racking my brain to come up with something special, and in the end I got a nice but probably not so original idea. Since I turned 22, I decided to use the majors are positions to see what would come up. I assigned a keyword to each major and decided to see what would be important in the coming year.

I was ofcourse existed to see how much majors I would pull, and if any would be on the same positions!

I have omitted the beautiful descriptions I made, because else this post would be way to long. (The Reading is currently 5 pages long in Word)

0 The Fool: Beginnings/Journeys: Temperance
1 The Magician: Tools/Talents: 9 of Swords rx
2 The High Priestess: Inner Voice: 5 of Swords rx
3 The Empress: Creativity: The Hanged man rx
4 The Emperor: Structure: 3 of Pentacles
5 The Hierophant: Values: Ace of Cups rx
6 The Lovers: Love: The Knight of Swords rx
7 The Chariot: Control: The Magician rx
8 Strength: Strength: 10 of Wands rx
9 The Hermit: Guidance: 4 of Pentacles rx
10 The Wheel: Changes/Chances: The Wheel
11 Justice: Responsibilities: 8 of Wands rx
12 The Hanged Man: Sacrifices: 9 of Cups
13 Death: Endings: 2 of Wands rx
14 Temperance: Health: 5 of Cups rx
15 The Devil: Material: 7 of Cups
16 The Tower: Bad things/Unexpected Things: Knight of Wands
17 The Star: Hopes: 2 of Cups rx
18 The Moon: Fears: 8 of Cups
19 The Sun: Joy: Queen of Swords
20 Judgment: Transformations: Death RX
21 The World: Accomplishments: Knight of Cups

Beginnings/Journeys: Temperance
Immediatly a major, and one I am not too familiar with. It seemed to me that in the coming year, my journeys and unfamiliar beginnings will be tempered, and balanced. I will get everything together. A rather positive card I felt.

Tools/Talents: 9 of Swords RX
Ah, how nice =) I had to laugh when I saw this card. Yes, I tend to overly worry, and I should stop it. Reversed it shows me I got the talents and the tools to get out of any confusing situation. I definatly need to give myself more credit.

Inner Voice: 5 of Swords RX
Ah, it seems like my inner voice is always telling me to trust it. I guess it's possible to work in your own self-interest without being dishonourable. My own inner compass will lead the way. There are no defeats or broken hopes if I follow it.

Creativity: The Hanged Man RX
And another Major. Creativity is rather important to me, since it makes up a great deal of my life. I think the hanged man RX stands for me doing what I feel is right. I think it's especially curious it comes up in this position, since the Empress also stands for the mother figure, and I always have trouble standing up to her.

Structure: 3 of Pentacles
Now, I had to laugh even more. The structure that shall become important next year to me, is ME! I often come up in readings as the 3 of Pentacles. A structure of teamwork and competence is going to be important to me too. I must not forget that asking for help is not a weakness.

Values: Ace of Cups rx
This one had me puzzled for a while. In the next year... the values I held for love are going to be upset I think... This especially ties in with later cards.

Love: Knight of Swords rx
Hummm yes... Recently I had somebody come up in my Readings as a Knight of Swords rx. I wonder if this means him, or if this means another warning to myself. Don't overly analyse your feelings, don't forget to weight your feelings in your decisions. If you forget your feelings, you are never going to be happy in love.

Control: The Magician RX
Always nice when the Cards decide to tell you something you know, but that's hard to accept. Yes, I need to control my manipulative side. I don't do it on purpose but sometimes I notice that the drama queen in me is just happy by manipulating others. I must make good use of my tools. I also feel this signifies that I shouldn't let somebody else control me either.

Strength: 10 of Wands rx
Hehehe, this had me laughing. Others often comment on how I seem to be able to be strong enough to carry so much burdens that would make others collapse. Now I feel confident I can carry the challenges.

Guidance: 4 of Pentacles
The Art Nouveau Booklet gave a different take on this traditional "miser" card. It said it signifies insecurity. It seems my guidance is to trust myself, and not to feel insecure about work issues.

Changes/Chances: The Wheel
Ok, so I got it tripled great! The Wheel in the Wheel position, and it is my year of the Wheel. Seems I am going to be spinning....
I think I need to take a hand in it.

Responsibilities: 8 of Wands RX
Stop dreaming, start working. Heard you loud and clear ^^

Sacrifices: 9 of Cups
This had me a bit sad. Seeing the ultimate happiness, wish card in the sacrifices spot. After some thought and help from Arnaud though, he said it probably stood for passive dreaming, and that I should go out and make it real. (Which would tie up with the Responsibilites)

Kahlie

Second Half

And here comes the second half. I felt the post was becoming a bit too long.

Endings: 2 of Wands RX
In this deck the 2 of Wands stands for: The Maid’s face reveals a certain pain and sadness probably caused by disease and sufferance. Oh, I don't mind if this ends :D Let it end! I have had enough health issues in the past few years.

Health: 5 of Cups RX
Yeah, I have been very afraid that my health will go even more on the decline. Seems I am fearing things that are not going to come to pass.

Material things: 7 of Cups RX
Oh nice, not dreaming on the material kind of things. Going to have some good plans then. I need some good things on the material side of life since I am very broke.

Bad Things/Unexpected Things: Knight of Wands
This has me stumped... A knight of Wands on the Tower position, and he's not reversed... Well, it would certainly suprise me if my Knight of Swords would morph into a Knight of Wands!

Hopes: 2 of Cups RX
Yeah, I don't dare to hope for love... although it's my wish...

Fears:8 of Cups
Yes, I fear insecurity, much more then normal people do, because I am a total control freak.

Joys: Queen of Swords
I will find joy in being the bitter Queen of Swords? j/k. The Queen of Swords is described pretty mean in the LWB of the Deck. I think I will find joy in intellectual pursuits in the coming year.

Transformations: Death RX
Another "double". The Judgement transformation being aided by the energy of the Death Card. And it being reversed seems to show how much trouble I am having letting some old things behind.

Accomplishments: Knight of Cups
Uhm, my Knight of Swords that morphed into a Knight of Wands morphed into a Knight of Cups?
I wonder if I might finally find some love =)

In the Overview I noticed 13 out of 22 Cards are reversed, and the Reading showed many Cups and Majors.

I seemed to sense a couple of themes:
- Letting go of bad habits
- Making Dreams reality
- Love
- Listening to myself, and trusting myself.

Anybody has any opinions?

Edited to add: What's more, the numbers amount to 123 = 6!
The Lovers, my personality Card, and also my star sign (Gemini).
Seems like I have a good year ahead of me :)

purple_scorp

Geez Kahlie, I must have been sleeping on that day. I hope you had a really, really, really, Happy Birthday.

Cheers

purple_scorp

Lula Jing

Kahlie

Bit late - but I hope you had a very happy birthday!

I hope your year to come is great - I enjoyed reading your spread and your interpretations of it.

Sorry I can't really add too much... only to say these kinds of posts are good for a beginner like me to read!

I seemed to sense a couple of themes:
- Letting go of bad habits
- Making Dreams reality
- Love
- Listening to myself, and trusting myself.
Good messages to remind yourself of throughout the coming year - and generally good advice for anyone I think!

Take care,

SP :)

Kahlie

Thanks Shy Priestress :)

I"m a beginner too, I only started about 2 months ago.