Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Bohemian Cats 1st ed missing its Page of Cups

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Bohemian Cats 1st ed missing its Page of Cups

Hello,

I just got on ebay the Baroque bohemian cats tarot, I believe the first edition (comes in tuck box showing Moon on the cover and 7 of pents on the back of the box, and the 79th card is the red cloaked cat tarot reader)
The tuckbox was sealed in plastic wrap that looked genuine seal, and the deck indeed looks brand new, contrary to other decks I bought as new.

But here, my all new deck is missing the Page of Cups. Has anyone of you heard of this kind of thing happening with this edition of the BBC ?

I just sent a mail to the seller asking if a replacement was possible, but suddenly I beware of a full batch of these decks all missing the Page of Cups... what if the seller only have defect decks and I get an exchange and still miss the Page of Cups !

I am extremely disapointed.

Thank you for any insight
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 
Citizen

I have Bohemian Cats editions 1 and 3....

1st edition: extra card is Hermes/card back is black and white with red accents, floral border on cards (don't have original box) - page of cups in garden setting standing on straight edge of a pool, flowering tree in background on left

3rd edition: extra card is The Fortune Teller/card back is red (or rose?) and white, NO floral border on cards (clam shell box) - page of cups standing on circular rim of fountain

----------------------

hope the above helps you identify your deck version... good luck in your quest to obtain your missing page

ETA: you might find this thread (and pix contained therein) helpful:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=179697

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment...4&d=1405871285
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Thank you very much for your answer Rhinemaiden.
Ok, so I know that what I bought for a 1st edition is in fact a 2d edition. The 3d edition I have already.
I was actually expecting to open the deck this morning and see the over-the-top famous baroque borders, but when I opened it and the borders were normal, and somehow I thought that maybe the heavy-bordered edition was a special edition, and therefore not the first. But thank you for your input, it is very helpful.

What is not helpful is the answer I just got from the selle regarding my inquiry (I politely explained that the deck had 78 cards instead of 79, missed the Page of Cups, and politely asked for exchange, or they send me the missing card. A return and refund would work also, as a last resort). Here the substance of their message, I have taken out the usual greetings and all :

"This tarot deck shell have 78 Cards (not all decks by Baba Studio have 79 Cards) - only the third edition of this deck have a special/extra card.
Iīm afraid I canīt confirm your requirements"

I am now very disapointed with their lack of willingness to help, and anxious about the issue of this problem.

I am positive that all Baba decks have 79 cards, sometimes even 80. I have their first deck Spiritus Mundi tarot and it has a 79th blank card, and that has become their "marque de fabrique".

I am positive that the 2d, or 1st, or ALL editions of the Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot DO HAVE a 79th card.
And besides, I do not want a deck with a missing card. Had it been the missing 79th card, it would have been very regretable, but I could have read with the deck. As it is, I cannot.

I am unhappy, and anxious because it seems that it is not going to be easy to get my money back....

Anyone had similar experience ? any idea ?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Bluefeet 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carojulie View Post
I just got on ebay the Baroque bohemian cats tarot, I believe the first edition (comes in tuck box showing Moon on the cover and 7 of pents on the back of the box, and the 79th card is the red cloaked cat tarot reader)
With red and gold tuck box? You have the 2nd edition deck.

Both 1st and 2nd editions were published over a decade ago (how time flies!), I doubt the retailer caries any replacements. I'd recommend emailing Baba Studio directly as they may still have extra cards lying around and they are usually prompt to response to missing card replacement requests.

I don't think there was a printer issue when Baba printed their decks in Prague, so the missing card issue should be totally random. I do understand your disappointment!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 
Citizen

Carojulie...

I would file a complaint with ebay... you did NOT receive what you paid for. GET A REFUND!

(if you looked at the attachment to my earlier post, the extra card with the 2nd edition was "the tarot reader") -- (Fortune Teller was extra card for 3rd edition)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefeet View Post
With red and gold tuck box? You have the 2nd edition deck.

Both 1st and 2nd editions were published over a decade ago (how time flies!), I doubt the retailer caries any replacements. I'd recommend emailing Baba Studio directly as they may still have extra cards lying around and they are usually prompt to response to missing card replacement requests.

I don't think there was a printer issue when Baba printed their decks in Prague, so the missing card issue should be totally random. I do understand your disappointment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinemaiden View Post
Carojulie...

I would file a complaint with ebay... you did NOT receive what you paid for. GET A REFUND!

(if you looked at the attachment to my earlier post, the extra card with the 2nd edition was "the tarot reader") -- (Fortune Teller was extra card for 3rd edition)
Hello,
Thank you so much for your answers.
I am happy to be able to talk about this and have answers, because it is so disapointing, I need to vent my disapointment, and if I was alone with just me and my incomplete deck and the unhelpful seller, it would be worse ! So thank you for your support

I am writing Baba Studio to see if by any chance they have a replacement card lying around.
Then, if Baba cannot help me, I will write again to the ebay seller explaining that I cannot accept this incomplete deck, and, if necessary, file for a complaint if they are still being unhelpful.

Thank you !
SIght....... I was SO looking forward to my BBC.... heavy sad sight.....
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

nicking the seller on a sealed deck purchase would be discourteous at the least.
Open a dispute requesting a refund. You will have to pay the return shipping.

Over the years I've gotten 9 or 10 brand new decks with extra cards and short of cards, the first think I do on reciveing any deck is to sort it into order.

I'm not being snotty or rude, I feel your pain, but buying sealed decks is always crapshoot unless they been published recently.

Unless sold by the publisher, a seller would have no reason to have extra card
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

I see your point AJ, but I do not think I am being discourteous at all, nor do I mean to "nick the seller"(I do not understand the term actually, but it does not sound good). I know it is not their fault if the deck is incomplete, since it was sealed.
But they do have responsibilities as a seller, and they are not taking them very seriously, wich surprises me.

By the way, "opening a file requesting a refund" is exactly what I was planning to do as a last resort, but only after trying to resolve things with the seller amiably first. So, I do not really know what "nicking" is ? - I have to try and resolve the issue with them.... and it becomes a problem if they are not being helpful at all.
Requesting a send-back-and-refund because the deck is not usable is what I have done, and they basically answer that it is not their problem. I could aslo accept other solutions, like an exchange if it is possible (since it seems that they have many decks, but perhaps they do not have any more of this one).
Actually, I would even accept a discount, but it would need to be a huge one, and only because I could replace the missing Page of Cups by writing on the 79th card "Page of Cups". I am not sure it would be a good solution though, because I would not feel great about it, and for such a deck I would not be willing to pay much at all, and I understand that the seller might not be willing to offer such an enormous discount.

I am very disapointed, though, because they are proving difficult to communicate with. It seems, from their history, that they are specialized in Baba decks, and that they have many. Yet they pretend that the deck is complete since it is 78 cards as if it was never meant to have either a 79th card or a Page of Cups. And they sell a deck that is not what was described (1st edition is not the same as 2d edition - it is a good thing that I like both and do not care too much ; but I still think that it is not serious). And they are either unresponsive or unhelpful, though I always make sure to be polite and never confrontational in my communication. The thing is, I have also bought two other decks from them at the same time, and not one is truly like its description, wich does nothing to reassure me as to the seriousness of the seller.
So, I am not "nicking" them on missing a card in a sealed deck, but I am not happy that they are not being helpful at all, and I have a feeling that they are not taking this seriously.

I truly think that I have never, never been discourteous with either a seller or buyer, nor do I intend to be. And I expect the same dose of respect in return. I am trying to find better solutions first before requesting a refund : first I inquire here to be sure of what I am saying, second I talk to the seller, third I try to see if I can obtain a replacement cards by my own means.. I am not jumping at the seller's throat witout considering reasonable options.

If it were me selling the deck, I would be head over heal trying to find a solution, I would be the one contacting Baba Studio to inquire after a possible replacement. Here, honestly, the attitude of the seller is just adding to my overall disapointment. The problem of the two other decks (one worse than the other) being not what they were described, is a big part of my losing trust.....
But I hope that it will get better ; after all it has only been a day, so I guess there is still time for things to change. But, I am disapointed. That's a lesson, I guess.

ETA : AJ, I think the misunderstanding probably comes from my mixing up the words "filing a complaint" and "opening a dispute requesting a refund".
Of course I would not jump head first on the ugly way and pretend the seller is dishonest or whatever, that is not at all my style nor my whish. What I meant is that I would eventually ask for a refund in whatever means are available to me on ebay, if all else fails (all else meaning : if the seller continues to be unresponsive and if I cannot obtain the missing card. If I get a replacement Page from Baba, then I no longer have an issue with this deck. If not, then I will try again some friendly communication/arrengement with seller first, and only if they are still unhelpful, then I would open a dispute or anything of the sort.)
Thanks !
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 
Citizen

you bought 3 decks from the same seller and ALL are "not as described"??? All 3 in the same sale???? This sounds like a seller I would avoid...

File a claim with ebay!!!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

reall 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinemaiden View Post
you bought 3 decks from the same seller and ALL are "not as described"??? All 3 in the same sale???? This sounds like a seller I would avoid...

File a claim with ebay!!!
agree 100%! must say I'm shocked by amount of their highly unprofessional attitude! as I run local tarot shop my first concern is to check my costumer get what he/she ask for! and because they do sell Tarot decks Would expect them to KNOW some basic stuff about thing they sell and at least it exact numbers of cards and suits! if it's extra card that shouldn't be (that) big problem but page of cups/imo it makes your deck unusable!? x,x facepalm so
1.st contact Karen and ask about did they ever had this print mistake(I doubt!) and is there any way to replace missing card? also don't forget to link her to that seller and ask is it legit?x,x I would advise you in the future to buy nongeneric/and decks in general from official sellers and stores!

2.report case to ebay/paypal and see what they say?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.