Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 309 : July 1 - July 7

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

"and you can't make me..."

VGimlet 

I am so, so sad to hear this news, BUT I'm sure it was not an easy decision to make.

I will miss all of you so much.

We can look into other options, I already run one Facebook site, and it's pretty easy - but part of the fun of the DOTW was it was so easy to hop in and out, make new friends.

But, on the other hand, we could be the REALLY no rules thread.

I will do some poking around myself, and maybe we can talk about it. I would be interested in keeping the group going.

And we have this week and next week.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #21
Citizen

Rose Lalonde 
Citizen

It also looks like Luna's Crone is trying to set up a forum with the same setup as AT, and at least some of the mods here were saying they'd be willing to mod there (this post) -- which would be great, because I feel a bit like I'm crashing a party over at the cartomancy forum, which has had a strong emphasis on playing cards. (Nice welcome there, though, given how many of us joined today.)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #22
Citizen

lantana 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGimlet View Post
I am so, so sad to hear this news, BUT I'm sure it was not an easy decision to make.

I will miss all of you so much.

We can look into other options, I already run one Facebook site, and it's pretty easy - but part of the fun of the DOTW was it was so easy to hop in and out, make new friends.

But, on the other hand, we could be the REALLY no rules thread.

I will do some poking around myself, and maybe we can talk about it. I would be interested in keeping the group going.

And we have this week and next week.
I really hope we can keep this going somewhere... And yes, perhaps it's time for us to go full rogue.

However, I know quite a few people have stated that Facebook doesn't really work for them, and I'm one of those people. Though for you all, I might make that sacrifice! Still, there are other possibilities to explore. We have the next fortnight to figure it out.

Also, I agree Lalonde, I feel bad crashing the Cartomancy Forum's party. I'd also feel bad if we did have AT miraculously stick around or make a new forum, and then they have 400+ inactive accounts to clean up. Augh! Being a nomad is a scary thing.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #23

VGimlet 

I don't think Facebook would really be the best venue for us either, and many people are not fans of the FB.

But, there are two weeks before lockdown. There are lots of options.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #24
Citizen

lantana 
Citizen

Finally pulled my card for today from the Shadowscapes and got, wouldn't you know, Death. Oof.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #25
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Robin Wood tarot and Sea Whispers oracle again.

So sad, I wasn't sure if it was even worth posting at all. I'm going to miss all of you.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #26
Resident

Luxa 
Resident

Hi, don't forget me for this last or second last week!!

Luxa - The Everyday Witch Tarot

I have limited time online and last night I used it to quickly check out Cartomancy. I'm Luxa there too. It was very different from AT :-(

I'm so glad to hear everyone talking about keeping this thread going!! Thanks for not giving up VG and the gang!! I'm sending out big hugs to everyone this morning too. I really love this group and everyone in it, and its been so helpful to me too.

Page of ghosts, everything you say I feel like that's me too, you just say it better! For almost 4 years I've used only 2 decks. I just started buying this year, its helping to broaden my horizons with the card meanings and this thread is helping me to use them all.

Facebooks no good for me either. I'd like a forum like here, but i will try to follow wherever is decided. Just so glad that conversation is happening!!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #27
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

I will miss DOTW so much. It has been so helpful in me working with decks I might not otherwise have picked up and I've really enjoyed seeing what other people are working with too. I have loved that there were few rules I made an account at Cartomancy, had to change my username so am QueenOfShalot there. But, like others, I had a look at the forum and it is different and does feel a bit like a gatecrash however lovely the welcome. Ah well, hoping we can find a solution. I have no ideas really as I've never done anything with forums online before. I would use FB over nothing, but not a huge FB fan. But would love this to continue in some shape or form.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #28
Citizen

page of ghosts 
Citizen

I'm on facebook so if it comes to it I'll be content with a group over there. I don't feel like fb is the best place for something like Aeclectic as a whole though. What I really love about this site is that it's so organized and everything has its place A group for something like Deck of the Week could work though.

I'm also on the cartomancy forum as Page of Ghosts. It is a lot of playing cards yes, but maybe with a larger userbase they might feel like making some more categories so the playing card people still have their place and won't have to wade through dozens of tarot-specific posts, if it came to that. But we'll have to see... it will probably take some time for things to settle down there and then it is probably some work to set up sub-forums and move things around. I guess if it becomes necessary it might happen. I'd not feel comfortable coming from old and esteemed AT and start demanding things right away from a small cartomancy forum. So for me, I'll wait and see how things develop there. It does seem friendly and a lot of us are already there so there is some comfort in that

At least there is still a bit of time for all the options to form. But I gotta say I do feel sorry for those who've been here for years and years and now have to go through and save everthing they've collected as resources from the forum
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #29
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfDanu View Post
Can we make a FB group for those who want to continue the DotW fun? I'd be more than happy to help out in creating it. That way we can continue our discussions and such. Maybe there can even be a "People of AT" group. I'm just trying to remain hopeful.

I'm really, really heartbroken over this. This group was the first thing that came to mind when I read the announcement.
Hello Daughter of Danu,
I would love to keep the crowd going around DOTW, but I do not use my FB account for very personal things like tarot. My FB is linked to people from the office and from my extanded family, and I stay quite consensual there, I do not share much personal info. So I would not join a FB group around DOTW.... I hope we will find another solution.
But I also do not want to loose contact with you all, so if it occurs that a FB group is the only solution, I will consider opening a new FB page, more personal, for myself....
Thanks for the idea in any case. I am all for continuing the fun and warmth that go on here.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.