Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Message from Solandia

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Forum Admin

Solandia 
Forum Admin

Message from Solandia

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the lovely emails and kind words since I made the announcement of the shutdown. I have read all the threads in Talking Tarot and all the emails sent me since then, and I want to tell you that this is just as hard for me as it is for you... I understand the grief, the shock, the sadness and the anger. This community has been a huge part of my life for seventeen years.

A few people have asked why I haven't tried to sell, or to find someone to take over or manage the forum in my stead so it can continue. I considered all these options but the forum is actually an incredibly complex creation and I simply don't have the energy or time to train someone in the very specific technical, administrative, management, and moderation tasks and duties it would take to turn this place over to someone else. I wouldn't even know how to begin.

As for selling... I could never have sold you all as a commodity to someone else. That would never have felt right to me.

In response to some other questions I have seen raised:

Forums that are private (member-only or subscriber-only) right now, such as Your Readings, the Reading Exchange, Chat and others, will remain so. A lot of personal situations and information were posted in the Readings forums, for example, and all these posts will remain private. If you wish to keep threads or posts from these forums, please copy them now.

Forums that are public and readable by guests now will remain so. This includes Using Tarot Cards, Tarot Decks, Tarot Talking, Tarot Study Groups, Marseilles and Other Early Decks, and more. The vast majority of our Tarot-related content will remain readable by you and others in the future.

Regarding copying content, you are welcome to copy and re-post your own posts, or to copy complete threads for your own personal records. I would ask though that you do not copy and re-post entire threads from the forum elsewhere, unless you have the permission of everyone who originally posted in that thread.

Regarding refunds, I am receiving emails at support@tarotforum.net and will process refunds on and after July 14th. The forum software won't let me send refunds before then without removing your subscription as well, so thank you for your patience with this side of the shutdown.

I'm sad to see the end of this community. I too met many of you in person over the years and while I haven't had the time to post much for the past few years, I have read many threads and had personal messages with many more of you.

I also can't thank the moderating team enough, both past and present, for their incredible efforts, time and energy in holding to my vision and making this community the safe space on the Internet that it has been. My special gratitude goes to Alta and Sulis for their years of support.

Thank you for being here and being a part of this community. I wish you all well in your Tarot journey in the future, both online and offline.

~ Kate
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

Wishing you the best Solandia, truly. This forum has been a beautiful and enriching home to so many of us.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Thanks for the additional explanation. Whata bummer/shame. Is it possible you will change your mind and reopen down the road?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Citizen

em_idol_twins 
Citizen

All the best Solandia! Yes, we are all upset and sadden with the decision, but to be fair, this forum is like your baby, your child, a 17 years old child and somehow you decided to terminate this child. The emotional impact on you must be huge compared to anyone else.

I am worried about you more than anyone else. Hope everything is OK.
Maybe we will see you on another forum one day, you never know.
God Bless You! And good luck! Take Care!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Moon Lover

AraLuck 
Moon Lover

Thank you very much Solandia for this message... as the creator of the forum, it is entirely your prerogative to decide what to do with it, but you've been generous in also giving us an insight as to why you've come to this decision and I am sure many of us will be very grateful.

On a personal note, this has been a place of huge growth for me in just a little less than two years and it wouldn't have been possible without what you created so many years ago, so again, thank you.

Blessings and may you succeed in everything else you undertake as you have in this forum
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Citizen

Sharla 
Citizen

And now i'm crying again

You should be so proud of yourself though Solandia for keeping this site going for so long, and for this site you set up 17 years ago to have had such a dramatic impact on peoples lives.

I can't even tell people why ive been so upset this past couple of days.....they'll think ive gone mad lol. Only my AT family understands how im feeling.

Thanks for the message
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Citizen

BlueDragonfly 
Citizen

While my heart breaks over this, I understand.

Thank you for bringing so much into my life through this forum and the connections I've made, the learning and growth.

My best wishes to you in your future endeavors.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Dear Solandia, this place is your unique monument. Yes, we have all contributed to it, but you created it and were behind it all the time.

Thank you!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Citizen

emmsma 
Citizen

I thank you, Solandia for this love child you've allowed us to watch grow and care for. Your work here, these 17 years has helped us all grow.

I can't express enough, my gratitude for creating this space that has helped me so much over the years.

I wish you well in your new endeavors.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Resident

Flaxen 
Resident

Solandia, your dedication and work with this site is hugely appreciated. It really was a virtual home for many of us and had welcoming, supportive vibe not found in many places.

I confess I have been grieving since I heard the news but understand that there comes a time when you have to let go.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.