Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Message from Solandia

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

TarotHeaven.com

Laurelle 
TarotHeaven.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solandia View Post
Hi everyone,

As for selling... I could never have sold you all as a commodity to someone else. That would never have felt right to me.

~ Kate
A commodity is something of value and to just bury that commodity does more harm that to "sell" it to someone else. If you pass along the database to someone else, they can uphold all the memberships, thus allowing the members to keep thriving.

Using your example above, rice is a commodity and so is copper. If you just left these two items out they would rot and turn green. To sell them to someone else who can use these items would be more useful to everyone and everything involved.

Nothing would change except the URL. You can give people a choice to stay or to go.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #21
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Lease out the Forum Management

Yes, the best solution is to just keep what we have if Solandia is willing, which seems not to be the case at the moment. Even if her concern is oversight and maintaining the integrity of the Forum, a yearly lease deal would work to keep the community and archive going and allow her the option to take the Forum back at some point if she wishes. I hope she will consider this strategy if not now, but down the road.

G6
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #22
TarotHeaven.com

Laurelle 
TarotHeaven.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
Yes, the best solution is to just keep what we have if Solandia is willing, which seems not to be the case at the moment. Even if her concern is oversight and maintaining the integrity of the Forum, a yearly lease deal would work to keep the community and archive going and allow her the option to take the Forum back at some point if she wishes. I hope she will consider this strategy if not now, but down the road.

G6
I understand her concern. She runs this forum with consistency and love. If we kept the same mods and I stayed out of it besides the technical part, I think it would work. I like the idea of a lease.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #23
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

WORK TOGETHER 🙏🏻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelle View Post
I understand her concern. She runs this forum with consistency and love. If we kept the same mods and I stayed out of it besides the technical part, I think it would work. I like the idea of a lease.
I hope all the members here that have outed themslves as computer tech folks will work together to make something like this happen.

I would suggest you all make a thread with a list for ONE UNITED TAROT FORUM TECH HELP

Frankly, I think we are all exhausted already with the 5 or is it 6 now new Forum options that have sprouted up in the last few days.

Nobody will have time to visit all of these places. The thought of it makes me want to take a good long tarot vacation.

Please work together and when Solandia takes the call about this make sure all the serious people with skills and resources are on the conference call with a cohesive plan to make it happen.

✌🏻

G6
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #24
TarotHeaven.com

Laurelle 
TarotHeaven.com

Quote:
I hope all the members here that have outed themslves as computer tech folks will work together to make something like this happen.

I would suggest you all make a thread with a list for ONE UNITED TAROT FORUM TECH HELP

Frankly, I think we are all exhausted already with the 5 or is it 6 now new Forum options that have sprouted up in the last few days.

Nobody will have time to visit all of these places. The thought of it makes me want to take a good long tarot vacation.

Please work together and when Solandia takes the call about this make sure all the serious people with skills and resources are on the conference call with a cohesive plan to make it happen.

✌🏻

G6
Yes, I agree. I've PMed several people who want a new forum and asked if we could all work together.

I don't even want to manage the forum, I just happen to have a good platform already set up.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #25
Citizen

Eeviee 
Citizen

Thank you so much for creating and maintaining this forum for all of the years you have done so. I was not especially active, but I have been a lurker for many years now and like many others, am deeply saddened to see it go.

I hope all is well with you, and I wish you the best. Hope to see you down the road at one of these replacement forums.

Again, thank you so much.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #26
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelle View Post
Yes, I agree. I've PMed several people who want a new forum and asked if we could all work together.

I don't even want to manage the forum, I just happen to have a good platform already set up.
That's the thing if all 5 or 6 of you meditate on the thought of would you really be willing to independently run a tarot forum for the rest of your life how many of you could honestly answer yes? It's better for everyone if it's a collective lease group to handle the work and pass the baton as needed. I imagine it's a lot of work. Work smarter not harder, right?

Happy to hear you've reached out to the other five.

🙏🏻✌🏻

G6
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #27
Reader of all sorts...

JMI_Tarot 
Reader of all sorts...

Solandia, You made something that grew into a a home for so many of us. I know you are proud of what you have created here but I think you be may be even prouder when you see all the amazing new things that will be spawned now in the wake of Aeclectic's closure.

Part of you will be in all those things because they would have never existed without you. You have inspired thought and creativity in people and that is magic.

Thank you for that.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #28
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 
Source Heiress

i really have no adequate words to express my heartfelt appreciation to Solandia
and all the dedicated hard working mods we have had overseeing everything over all these many years. Namaste one and all!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #29
TarotHeaven.com

Laurelle 
TarotHeaven.com

Quote:
That's the thing if all 5 or 6 of you meditate on the thought of would you really be willing to independently run a tarot forum for the rest of your life how many of you could honestly answer yes? It's better for everyone if it's a collective lease group to handle the work and pass the baton as needed. I imagine it's a lot of work. Work smarter not harder, right?

Happy to hear you've reached out to the other five.

🙏🏻✌🏻

G6
I know. I actually tried to run a forum before for nannies. I had the site coded in php. It's a big deal. it's not easy and it's not something one person can do. I learned this the hard way about 10 years ago.

There are so many more aspects to making a website run efficiently. It's a group effort and I hope that we can all collaborate.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.