Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Oracles > Oracles

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

fyreflye 
Not Insane

Post I Ching Holitzka Deck

Anyone familiar with this deck?
http://www.wicce.com/holitzka.html
There are plenty of I Ching Oracle decks around but this one looks far superior artistically to the others I've seen.

Old 13-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
zorya 
of the woods

hi fyrefly,

i did a search (using the search button in the upper right hand corner) on the name, holitzka, and came up with these threads that may interest you.

http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php...der=descending

Old 14-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Macavity 
Citizen

The cards are certainly quite evocative of the (Wilhelm) I-Ching "keywords" - Even after a limited time to acclimatise. Another one, worthy of considereration from the Art perspective, is the Donnelli Deck from Lo Scarabeo, which I hope to acquire sometime...

http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/ca...sa_donelli.jpg

Macavity

Old 14-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
fyreflye 
Not Insane

Talking

Yes, the Donelli cards are quite nice, too. They don't seem to have reached the US market yet.

Old 14-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
lionette 
Citizen

Both decks look lovely. I've had my eye on the Holitzka deck for a little while now, but haven't ventured to buy it.

Thursday I'll be visiting a shop which has lots of tarot decks opened for browsing and maybe they have this one too. If so, I'll report back
lionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Woof 
Citizen

I have the Holitzka deck. It's beautiful. I like it for one card draws.
The reading recommended in the LWB didn't work for me. None of the readings made any sense.
By the way, if you plan to use the LWB buy a magnifying glass if you're over 30 yrs. old! The print is microscopic!

Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Rusty Neon 
Citizen

Although it's a question of preference, I would find keywords tastefully printed on the cards to be a useful addition.
Rusty Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
NightWing 
Citizen

Smile Ultimate Holitzka?

The Holitzka I-Ching deck is both artistically stunning in its simple oriental brushstrokes, and useful. There are several other decks on the market, at least two of which are merely utilitarian. The Lo Scarabeo deck has a certain beauty. The Gill/Clark I-Ching Pack cards are lovely, but are sadly OOP. But Holitzka raises I-Ching by cards to a whole new level, IMHO. These will be hard to surpass.
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

I agree with NightWing. I now use these cards mostly in I Ching readings. They are incredible.
Alta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
rachelcat 
XII. The Hanging Cat

Question How do you read with I Ching cards?

How do you read with I Ching cards? Do you just pull one card? And then do you look up the meaning of the hexagram in a book?

I seem to remember a book recommending you draw 2 cards in order to get changing lines (the ones that are different between the first and second cards). I have a feeling you would get a lot more changing lines that way than through coin tossing. Would that make a difference to you? Are you concerned about the difference in odds between yarrow stalks, coin tosses, and drawing 1 or 2 cards?

I have begun to study I Ching, but I find the bibliomancy/sortilege aspect (having to look up the reading in a book) makes it less immediate and more cumbersome than tarot reading, where the meanings are in my head! How do you feel about that?
rachelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10